- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Research Performance and Trends in Environmental Science
환경 과학 분야의 연구 성과 및 동향 분석
- Shin, Won-Gi (Department of Animal Biotechnology, Jeju National University) ;
- Park, Moon-Ki (Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Daegu Oriental Medical University) ;
- Kim, Da-Hyeon (Department of Animal Biotechnology, Jeju National University) ;
- Jang, Hyun-Ju (Elsevier Korea) ;
- Min, Tae-Sun (Department of Animal Biotechnology, Jeju National University)
- 신원기 (제주대학교 동물생명공학전공) ;
- 박문기 (대구한의대학교 제약공학과) ;
- 김다현 (제주대학교 동물생명공학전공) ;
- 장현주 (엘스비어 코리아) ;
- 민태선 (제주대학교 동물생명공학전공)
- Received : 2020.02.04
- Accepted : 2020.03.18
- Published : 2020.03.31
Technology used by human beings has developed drastically over the years. Although people enjoy affluent lives as a result of this development, the depletion of resources has brought about a variety of environmental problems such as emission of fine dust, treatment of waste water, and global warming. Although studies on environmental pollution are being conducted continuously, there are a limited number of studies that analyze research trends from quantitative and qualitative perspectives. In order to examine the current research landscape, we employed Scopus to combine research interest in environmental science with bibliographic analysis. Among 74,089 papers published in 57 journals of environmental science, 3,212 papers were published by Korean authors and citations per publications and Field-Weighted Citation Impact (FWCI) of those papers were 7.3 and 1.0, respectively. By assessing the bibliometric indicators in the field of environmental science, this study provides insight into research trends and related data to aid researchers in developing research strategies.
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Borgman, C. L., Furner, J., 2002, Scholarly communication and bibliometrics, Annual Review of Information Science and Technology, 36, 2.
- Colledge, L., James, C., 2015, A "basket of metrics"-the best support for understanding journal merit, Eur. Sci. Ed., 41, 61-65.
- Franceschet, M., Costantini, A., 2010, The effect of scholar collaboration on impact and quality of academic papers. Journal of Informetrics, 4, 540-553. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joi.2010.06.003
- Go, S. B., 2009, The Effect of Global Warming on Health, Meteorological Technology & Policy, 2, 4-19.
- Huggett, S., James, C., Palmaro, E., 2018, Field-Weighting Readership: How Does It Compare to Field-Weighting Citations?, Altmetrics for Research Outputs Measurement and Scholarly Information, 856, 1-3.
- Jang, H. J., Chun, K. W., Kim, H. S., 2019, Comparison between Korean and foreign authors concerning the citation impact of Korean journals indexed in Scopus, Science Editing, 6, 47-57.
- Jang, H. J., Kim, H. S., 2014, Research output of science, tschnology and bioscience publications in Asia, Science Editing, 1, 62-70. https://doi.org/10.6087/kcse.2014.1.62
- Jang, H. J., Kim, K. H., Huh, S., Kim, H. S., 2016, Increasing number of authors per paper in Korean science and technology papers, Science Editing, 3, 80-89. https://doi.org/10.6087/kcse.70
- Jeong, D. H., Koo, Y. D., 2016, Analysis of Trend and Convergence for Science and Technology using the VOSviewer, International Journal of Contents, 12, 54-58.
- Kim, H. G., Ahn, D. H., 2019, Effects on Microbial Activity of Aerobic Granular Sludge (AGS) in High-Salinity Wastewater, Journal of Environmental Science International, 28, 629-637. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2019.28.7.629
- Lee, S. H., Lee, K. Y., 2015, Evaluation of Contribution Rate of PM Concentrations for Regional Emission Inventories in Korean Peninsula Using Brute-force Sensitivity Analysis, Journal of Environmental Science International, 24, 1525-1540. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.11.1525
- Meteorological Administration Climate information portal, 2009, https://www.clim ate.go.kr.
- Oh. J. H., 2007, Prospect of Natural Disaster in Korea with Global Warming, Crisisonomy, 3, 82-94.
- SciVal, 2019, https://www.elsevier.com/solutions/scival.
- Scopus, 2019, https://www.elsevier.com/solutions/scopus.
- Sooryamoorthy, R., 2009, Do types of collaboration change citation? Collaboration and citation patterns of South African science publications, Scientometrics, 81, 177-193. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-009-2126-z
- Waltman, L., 2016, A Review of the literature on citation impact indicators. Journal of Informetrics, 10, 365-391. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joi.2016.02.007