- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
IoT(Internet of Things)-based Smart Trash Can
사물인터넷 기반의 스마트 휴지통
- Kim, Tae-Kook (Department of Information, Communications & Software Engineering, Tongmyong University)
- 김태국 (동명대학교 정보통신소프트웨어공학과)
- Received : 2020.02.08
- Accepted : 2020.03.17
- Published : 2020.03.31
This paper is about IoT(Internet of Things)-based smart trash can. In modern society, waste disposal creates several social problems. In particular, large floating populations cause a problem in the city center on weekends as the waste disposal capacity cannot keep up with the amount of waste discharged. There are problems such as stinks, unpleasant aesthetics, and insects caused by overflowing garbage. To solve this problem, a smart trash can was proposed. The proposed smart trash can provide a garbage compression function, an automatic opening and closing of the trash can lid, a display of the amount of garbage, and monitoring and control of the trash can. It is expected that the proposed 'smart trash can' can be usefully used for outdoor waste disposal with a large floating population.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- M.J.Yoon, T.H..Kim, B.G.Song, S.A.Kwon, S.J.Lim, T.K.Kim, "A Study on Smart Trash Can Using Arduino", Korea Multimedia Society Spring Conference, Vol.21, No.1, pp.424, 2019.
- M.J.Yoon, T.H.Kim, B.G.Song, S.A.Kwon, S.J.Lim, Unurtsetseg and T.K.Kim, "Implementation of Smart Trash Can Using IoT and Arduino", The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.4, No.1, pp.30-31, 2019.
- S.Y.Nam, M.J.Kim, Y.W.Kim and Y.J.Kim, "Waste Recycling System Using IoT", Design Convergence Study, Vol.15, No.4, pp.31-44, 2016.
- Xiaomi, Townew Smart Trash Can, http://c.mi.com/thread-2098640-1-0.html.
- D.W.Lee, K.M Cho, S.H.Lee, "Analysis on Smart Factory in IoT Environment", Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.1-6, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iot.2018.11.001
- K.H.Lee, "A Scheme for Information Protection using Blockchain in IoT Environment", Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.33-40, 2019.
- J.H,Lim and K.H Lee, "Simplified Forensic Analysis Using List of Deleted Files in IoT Environment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.1, pp.35-39, 2019.
- K.Ho.Lee, "A Scheme on Anomaly Prevention for Systems in IoT Environment", Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.95-101, 2019.
- K.B.Jang, "A study on IoT platform for private electrical facilities management", Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.103-110, 2019.
- D.H.Kim, G.W.Seo, D.J.Jang and H.Kim, "A Study on the development of smart food trash box using IoT technology", Korea Information Science Society Winter Conference, pp.86-88, 2016.
- J.M.Yoo, H.Kim, H.J.Lee and B.H.Lee, "A Study on the development of smart trash cam using IoT technology", Korea Information Science Society Conference, pp.2247-2249, 2018.
- S.I.Hwang and KW.Choi, "A study on the smart garbage can based on IoT technology", Korea Institute Of Communication Sciences Winter Conference, pp.914-915, 2018.
- T.K.Kim, "A Study on Smart Warning Triangle", Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.4, No.1, pp.37-41, 2019.
- D.G.Kim, H.S.Lee, S.Y..Kim, T.W Kim and H.W.Lee, "LBS/GPS based Bicycle Safety Application with Arduino", Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.2, No.1, pp.7-15, 2016.
- Arduino, https://www.arduino.cc.