- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Dynamical Nuclear Waste Assessment Using the Information Feedback Oriented Algorithm Applicable to the Internet of Things(IoT)
사물 인터넷 (IoT)에 적용할 수 있는 정보 피드백 지향 알고리즘을 사용한 동적 핵폐기물 평가
- Woo, Tae-Ho (Dept. of Mechanical and Control Engineering, The Cyber University of Korea) ;
- Jang, Kyung-Bae (Dept. of Mechanical and Control Engineering, The Cyber University of Korea)
- Received : 2020.01.30
- Accepted : 2020.03.04
- Published : 2020.03.31
Following the advanced fuel cycle initiative (AFCI) promotions in the United States, the analytic proposition for global fuel cycle initiative (GFCI) has been investigated using dynamical simulations. The political and economic aspects are considered simultaneously due to the particular characteristics of the nuclear materials. The spent nuclear fuels (SNFs) are treated as the reprocessing by the nuclear non-proliferation treaty (NPT) exemption nations and the NPT excluded nations. Otherwise, the pyroprocessing and repository can be done without NPT restriction. In addition, the international trade is considered as the economic aspect where the energy production is a key issue of the GFCI. The dynamical simulations have been done until 2050. The result of the International Trade shows the gradually increasing shape. Additionally, the Nuclear Power Plant Operation shows the increasing by stepwise shape.
- U.S. DOE, Report to Congress on Advanced Fuel Cycle Initiative: The Future Path for Advanced Spent Fuel Treatment and Transmutation Research, 2003.
- Wikipedia, Nuclear reprocessing, 2012.
- Wikipedia, International Framework for Nuclear Energy Cooperation, 2012.
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), Pyroprocessing Brochure, 2012.
- World Nuclear Association, Processing of Used Nuclear Fuel. World Nuclear Association, London, United Kingdom, 2012.
- World Nuclear Association, International Nuclear Waste Disposal Concepts. World Nuclear Association, London, United Kingdom, 2012.
- Y. Wolde-Rufael, K. Menyah, "Nuclear energy consumption and economic growth in nine developed countries," Ener. Econ. Vol.32, pp.550-556, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2010.01.004
- H.Y. Toda and T. Yamamoto, "Statistical Inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated process," Journal of Econometrics, Vol.66, pp.225-250, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-4076(94)01616-8
- Idaho National Laboratory, Fuel Cycle Scenario Definition, Evaluation, and trade-offs, INL/EXT-06-11683, Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA, 2006.
- Idaho National Laboratory, Vision-A Dynamic Model of the Nuclear Fuel Cycle, INL/CON-05-00632, Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA, 2006.
- Idaho National Laboratory, Vision: Verifiable Fuel Cycle Simulation Model, INL/CON-08-15051, Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA, 2009.
- Idaho National Laboratory, Lessons Learned From Dynamic Simulations of Advanced Fuel Cycles, INL/CON-08-15052, Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA, 2009.
- J.W. Forrester, Industrial Dynamic, Productivity press, 1961.
- J.W. Forrester, Principles of Systems, 2nd Ed. Pegasus Communications, 1968.
- J.W. Forrester, Collected Papers of Jay W. Forrester, Pegasus Communications, 1975.
- B.D. Owens, N.G. Leveson, J.A. Hoffman. "Procedure rework: a dynamic process with implications for the "rework cycle" and "disaster dynamics"", System Dynamics Review, Vol.27, pp.244-269, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/sdr.464
- B. Kopainsky, P. Pirnay-Dummer, S.M. Alessi. "Automated assessment of learners' understanding in complex dynamic systems," System Dynamics Review, Vol.28, pp.131-156, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/sdr.1467
- Vensim, Ventana Systems, Inc., Harvard, MA, 2015.
- PowerSim, Powersim Software, Nyborg, Norway, 2015.
- ITHINK Software, ISEE Systems, Inc., Lebanon, NH, 2015.
- S. Yu and Y.M. Wei, "Prediction of China's coal production-environmental pollution based on a hybrid genetic algorithm-system dynamics model," Energy Policy, Vol.42, pp.521-529, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2011.12.018
- P.J. Thomas, R.D. Jones. "Calculating the benefit to workers of averting a radiation exposure lasting longer than the working lifetime," Process Safety and Environmental Protection, Vol.87, pp.161-174, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psep.2008.11.001
- R.D. Jones, P.J. Thomas, "Calculating the life extension achieved by reducing nuclear accident frequency," Process Safety and Environmental Protection, Vol.87, pp.81-86, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psep.2008.10.002
- C.R. Malone. "Geologic and hydrologic issues related to siting a repository for high-level nuclear waste at Yucca Mountain, Nevada, U.S.A.," Journal of Environmental Management, Vol.30, pp. 381-396, 1990.
- A. Albrecht, S. Miquel. "Extension of sensitivity and uncertainty analysis for long term dose assessment of high level nuclear waste disposal sites to uncertainties in the human behavior," Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, Vol.101, pp.55-67, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvrad.2009.08.012
- System Dynamics Society, The Field of System Dynamics. Albany, NY, 2012.
- G.P. Richardson, Feedback Thought in Social Science and Systems Theory. University of Pennsylvania Press; reprinted by Pegasus Communications, Waltham, MA, 1991.
- M. Radzicki, R. Taylor, U.S. Department of Energy's Introduction to System Dynamics, A Systems Approach to Understanding Complex Policy Issues, Ver. 1, 1997.
- R. Piermartini, R. The, Demstifying Modeling Methods for Trade policy. World Trade Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2005.
- T. Kim. "A Study on Smart Warning Triangle," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol. 4, No.1, pp.37-41, 2018.