- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Kindergarten Teachers' Job Satisfaction and their Life Satisfaction on Teacher-Children Interactions
유치원 교사의 직무만족도와 삶의 만족도가 교사-유아 상호작용에 미치는 영향
- Moon, Myung-Hwa (A kindergarten attached to the Namgok Elementary School)
- 문명화 (남곡초등학교 병설유치원)
- Received : 2020.02.09
- Accepted : 2020.03.20
- Published : 2020.03.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effects of job satisfaction and life satisfaction on teacher-children interactions in kindergarten teachers. The tests of Job satisfaction scale, Life Satisfaction scale, Teacher-Children Interactions scale were administered to 320 public and private kindergarten teachers located in Gyeonggi-do, Gangwon-do. The statistical method employed for data analysis was Pearson's correlation analysis and multiple regression analysis. The results of study were as follows. First, the higher factors of job satisfaction (the teaching consciousness, development, innovation, autonomy, fellowship, and reward), the higher the teacher-children interaction. The higher the workload, the lower the verbal interaction between teacher-children. Second, the higher the life satisfaction of kindergarten teachers, the higher the emotional, verbal, and behavioral interaction between teachers and children. Third, the relative influences of the predictors on the overall interaction between teacher and children are life satisfaction (β=.24), development (β=.22), and fellowship (β=.16) and the explained variance are 25%.
- S. L. Lim. (1995). Reinventing Student Teaching Program. Research in education, 4, 77-97.
- J. A. Ohm. (2001). Exploring the direction in Linking play with early childhood education. Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, 5(3), 1-25.
- M. H. Lee. (2003). The Effect of dialogic picture book reading teacher training program for toddler. Doctoral dissertation. Yonsei University.
- The Ministry of Education. (2019). 2019 Revised Kindergarten Curriculum.
- C. Howes. (1997). Children's experiences in center-based childcare as a function of teacher background and adult:child ratio. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 43, 404-425.
- S. H. Birch & G. W. Ladd. (1997). The teacher-child relationship and children's early school adjustment. Journal of School Psychology, 35, 61-79.
- M. J. Song. (2015). Development Psychology, Hakjisa.
- S. Bredekamp. (1987). Developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood programs serving children from birth through age 8. Washington, D. C.: National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- R. C. Pianta, S. L. Nimetz & E. Bennett. (1997). Mother-Child Relationships, Teacher-Child Relationships, and School Outcomes in Preschool and Kindergarten. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 12, 263-80.
- H. S. Cho. (2000). The Effects of Teacher Intervention on Young Children's Narrations. Journal of Early childhood education, 20(4), 5-35.
- M. A. Choi. (2000). A Study of Teachers' job Satisfaction and the Mutual Interaction between Teachers and Children in the Kindergartens. Master's thesis of Ewha Womans University Graduate School of Education.
- C. E. Park & S. Y. Hwang. (2012). A study of the Chang for the Nonsocial Behavior in the Process of Forming the peer Relationships. Early Childhood Education Research & Review, 16(1), 325-349.
- S. Y. Ahn (2000). A Study on teacher-children interaction and children-children interaction in free choice activity. Master's thesis of the Graduate School of Ewha Womans University .
- J. S. Lee. (2003). An Analysis of Teacher-Children Interaction based teacher career and child years. Master's thesis of Graduate School of Education of Keimyung University.
- Y. H. Joo. (2004). Analysis of the effects of variables related to beginning teachers' role performance in early childhood education institutions. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Inha University, Incheon.
- S. Y, Heo & H. A. Seo. (2014). A Study of pre-service early childhood teachers' sense of psychological well-being and ego-resilience relative to the Level of their view of teaching as a profession. Early Childhood Education Research 34(4), 423-440.
- S. Y. KIM. (2014). Analysis of the Structure among Early Childhood Education Teacher' Sence of Happiness, Enthusiasm for the Teaching Profession, Satisfaction with Their Jobs, Efficacy, and Interactions with Young Children. Doctoral thesis of Graduate School of Kwangju Women's University.
- E. Diener.(1984). Subjective well-being. Psychological Bulletin, 95, 542-575.
- E. Diener & F. Fujita. (2005). Resources, personal strivings, and subjective well-being: A nomothetic and idiographic approach. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 68, 926-935.
- S. M. Oh. (2012). A Study on the influences of Teacher Efficacy of Kindergarten Teachers on the Teacher-Child Interactions. Master's thesis of the Graduate School of Education of Gachon University
- M. S. KIM. (2015). The Effects of Professionalism Awareness and Occupational Stress on Teacher-Child Interactions in Early Childhood Teachers. Master's thesis of the Graduate School of Education of Duksung Women's University.
- K. Y. KIM. (2014). Effect of empowerment and teaching efficacy of kindergarten teachers on interaction between kindergarten teachers and infants. Master's thesis of the Graduate School of Education of Kyonggi University.
- J, H. Ro. (2001). Conceptualizing and Measuring Job Satisfaction of Teachers. The Journal of Esucational Administration, 19(2), 163-181.
- M. H. Cho & K. H. Cha. (1998). International comparison of quality of life. Seoul: Jipmoon.
- K. H. Cha. (2004). Relationships between subjective wellbeing and psychological well-being among Korean and American college students. Korean journal of youth studies, 11(3), 321-338.
- E. H. LEE. (1995). Assessment and Measurement of Child Development. Seoul: Gyomoon
- G. M. LEE. (2005). The Study on the Relationship between Teacher Empowerment and Their Job Satisfaction. Master's thesis of the Graduate School of Education of Chungnam University.
- J. Y. PARK. (2012). The Influence of Early Childhood Teachers' DAP Educational Beliefs and Job Satisfaction upon the Interaction between Teachers and Young Children. Master's thesis of Graduate School of Social Welfare Chungang University.
- J. H. AN. (2014). Relationship between job satisfaction and sence of happiness of child teacher and teacher-child interaction. Master's thesis of the Graduate School of Education of Soongsil University.
- E. J. Park. (2016). A Relationship Between Teacher's Job Satisfaction and Happiness, and Interaction Between Teacher-Children. Master's thesis of the Graduate School of Education of Soongsil University.
- Y. H. Han. (2015). The influence of teacher empowerment and teachers' job satisfaction on children teacher interaction. Master's thesis of the Graduate School of Distance Education Sookmyung Women's University.