- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Menopausal Symptoms & Self Esteem on Depression in Middle Aged Women
중년여성의 갱년기증상과 자아존중감이 우울에 미치는 영향 연구
- Kim, Jeong-Suk (Dept. of Nursing, Saekyung College)
- 김정숙 (세경대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2020.01.22
- Accepted : 2020.03.20
- Published : 2020.03.28
The study was investigate the effect of Climacteric Symptom and Self Esteem on depression in middle woman. A questionnaire was completed by 125 D & S city middle aged womans from January to February 2019. data was analyzed using SPSS/WIN 21.0. In addition descriptive statistics and t-test, ANOVA and Pearson's correlation coefficients and multiple regression were used in the data analysis. Differences in depression according to general characteristics of middle-aged women showed significant difference in economic status and health status instability. The variables affecting depression are Climacteric Symptom(β=.409, p<.001), Self Esteem(β=-.368 p<.001), economic status(β=.067 p=353), health status(β=-.094 p=.174). It should be used in the development of social policy nursing policy for menopausal women by confirming the symptoms of menopausal symptoms and depression in middle-aged women and accepting menopausal period as a turning point of natural life.
- S. J. Kim & S. Y. Kim. (2013). A Study on the Relationship of Marital Intimacy, Depression, and Menopausal Symptoms in Middle-aged Women. Korean Journal of Woman Health Nursing, 19(3), 176-187. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.3.176
- K. S. Choi, H. E. OH & C. S. Shin. (2008). A Study on the Relationship between Climacteric Symptom, Depression and Coping among Middle-Aged Women. Korean Society for Rural Medicine and Community Health, 33(3), 125-135.
- M. K. Kim. (2003). Effects of aromatherapy on depressed stress menopausal symptoms in middle-aged women. Master's dissertation. Chonbuk National University. Cheongju.
- S. N. Kang. (2005). The Relationship between Religious Orientation and Climacteric Symptom, Depression of the Middle-Aged Women in Local Church. Master's dissertation Kosin University. Busan.
- M. Rosenberg. (1965). Society and adolesent Self image Princeton American, Princeton city, NJ ; Princeton University Press.
- J. H. Kim. (2002). A Study on Middle-aged Women's Menopausal Disorders and Their Treatment. Master's dissertation Yeungnam University. Gyeongsan.
- M. H. Sung. (2002). Self reported Climacteric Symptoms, Self Concept and Depression in Middle -Aged Woman. Korean Society of Adult Nursing, 14(1), 102.
- P. Kim. (2005). The Effectiveness of Solution-focused Art Therapy to Middle-aged Women's Attitudes toward Middle Adulthood Developmental Changes and Their Self-reported Climacteric Symptoms. Master's dissertation Daegu University. Daegu.
- P. M. Sarrel. (1995). Evaluation and management of postmenopausal patients. Female Pt, 20(2), 27-32.
- H. S. Joo & K. Z. Lee.(2001). A Comparative Study on Climacteric Symptoms of Natural Menopausal Women and Artificial Menopausal Women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 31(4), 672-702.
- S. H. Han. (2004). A Study on the menopausal symptoms, menopausal managementand quality of life in middle aged women. Master's dissertation Ewha University. Seoul.
- L. S. Radloff. (1977). The CES-D Scale : A self report depression scale for research in the general population. Applied Psychological measurement, 1(3), 385-401. https://doi.org/10.1177/014662167700100306
- G. G. Gu, S. J. Choi & B. C. Yang. (2001). Development an integrated Korean version of CES-D. Korean Psychological Association, 6(1), 85-97.
- Y. Y. Bang. (2019). Convergence analysis of Depression managing Program for Menopausal Women in Korea. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 10(4), 257-264. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.4.257 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.4.257
- N. H. Joo & C. H. Seong. (2016). Effects of Stress and Self-esteem on Depression in Middle-aged Women and Middle-aged Men. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(6), 89-97. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.089. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.089
- S. G. Back. (2016). Effects of Using Convergence Circuit Weight Training on the Blood Lipids and Oxygen-carrying Factors in Middle-aged Women. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(6), 267-274. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS. 2016.7.6.267. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.267
- G. Y. Kim. (2019). The Effects of Climacteric symptoms and Depression on the Quality of Life in Middle-age Women. Master's dissertation Auju University. Suwon.
- M. N. Park. (2019). Menopausal symptoms and quality of life between chemotherapy-induced menopause women with breast cancer and natural menopause women without cancer. Master's dissertation Auju University. Suwon.
- L. H. Kim. (2019). The effects of adult recreational ballet art education on menopausal syndrome and middle-aged women. Master's dissertation Ewha University. Seoul.
- H. S. Kim & S. S. Kim. (2017). A Converged Study about Influences of Job Stress, Job Security, Depression, Family Bond, Subjective Health Status Social Support on Quality of Life in Married Middle-Aged man. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(3), 101-114. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.101. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.101
- M. S. Kang. (2008). Work and Family Stressors and Suicidal Ideation among the Middle-aged Married Men in Korea. Korean. Master's dissertation. Silla University, Busan.
- L. K. McNall & J. T. Galeener. (1978). Current practice in Obsteric and Gyneclogic Nursing, Saint Louis : C. V. Mosby Co.