- Volume 48 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Improvement of Noise Characteristics by Analyzing Power Integrity and Signal Integrity Design for Satellite On-board Electronics
위성용 전장품 탑재보드의 Power Integrity 및 Signal Integrity 설계 분석을 통한 노이즈 성능 개선
- Cho, Young-Jun (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Choul-Young (Chung-Nam National University)
- Received : 2019.09.11
- Accepted : 2019.11.19
- Published : 2020.01.01
As the design complexity and performances are increased in satellite electronic board, noise related problems are also increased. To minimize the noise issues, various design improvements are performed by power integrity and signal integrity analysis in this research. Static power and dynamic power design are reviewed and improved by DC IR drop and power impedance analysis. Signal integrity design is reviewed and improved by time domain signal wave analysis and PCB(Printed Circuit Board) design modifications. And also power planes resonance modes are checked and mitigation measures are verified by simulation. Finally, it is checked that radiated noise is reduced after design improvements by EMC(Electro Magnetic Compatibility) RE(Radiated Emission) measurement results.
- Montrose, M. I., EMC and the Printed Circuit Board(Design, Theory, and Layout Made Simple), IEEE Press, Wiley-Interscience, 1999.
- Shull, T., Decoupling Capacitor Methodology, Mentor Graphics Corp., 2010.
- Signal Integrity and Power Integrity Analysis around the SDRAM Bus Activity Using an AT91SAM9260 Microcontroller, ATMEL Corp., Application Note, 6386A-ATARM, 2009.
- Johnson, H., and Graham, M., High- Speed Signal Propagation, PTR Prentice-Hall, 2003.
- Cho, Y. J., and Kim, C. Y., "Power Integrity Design Analysis of Control Module for Satellite Application," Proceeding of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Summer Conference, July 2016, pp. 1300-1301.
- Cho, Y. J., and Kim, C. Y., "Signal Integrity Analysis on Data Bus for Satellite Electronic Equipment Module," Proceeding of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences Fall Conference, November 2016, pp. 363-364.
- Johnson, H., and Graham, M., High Speed Digital Design, PTR Prentice-Hall, 1991.