- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Purchasing Intention of Paid Items in Mobile Social Game-Focusing on game and personal characteristics
모바일 소셜 게임 기반으로 유료아이템의 구매의도에 미치는 영향 - 게임특성 및 개인특성 중심으로 -
- Cao, Long-Fei (Department of Game Design, Kongju National University) ;
- Kyung, Byung-Pyo (Department of Game Design, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Dong-lyeor (Department of Game Design, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2019.12.19
- Accepted : 2020.02.20
- Published : 2020.02.28
Focusing on the Chinese market of MSNG (Mobile Social Network Game), perceived flow and satisfaction were designed as parameters, purchasing intention was set up as dependent variables, the purpose of present research is to analyze the factors influencing purchase intention of the paid items in mobile social games by studying the game and personal characteristics in terms of interoperability, accessibility, interesting, operability, innovativeness and challenge. Data was collected by questionnaires, Amos was employed to analyze the relationship between purchase intention and target influencing factors. Results showed that characteristics of game and consumers of MSNG have positive effects on the flow and satisfaction of paid items. Moreover, the flow of paid items in MSNG has a positive effect on satisfaction; the flow and satisfaction of paid items in MSNG have a positive effect on purchase intention. more samples and references should be involved in the further study in order to acheive an comprehensive result on comparative study of the social and cultural characteristics between Chinese MSNG and Korean counterpart.
- L. F. Cao. (2016). A Study on the Influence of Purchase Intention of Game Properties and Properties by Mobile Social Network Game :Focused on China Market. Master's Thesis. Kongju National University, Kongju.
- Korea Creative Content Agency. (2019). GAME INDUSTRY WHITE PAPER. http://www.kocca.kr/
- Y. J. Hong. (2010). Concepts and Industry Trends of Functional Game. Korea Information Processing Society review, 17(1), 17-26.
- T. G. Kim. et al. (2012). Study on SNG Business Model based on Social Commerce - In the Case of Developing Games(Tour City). Journal of Digital Convergence, 10(10), 457-463. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.10.457
- Betsy Book. (2004). Moving beyond the game: social virtual worlds. State of play, 2(1-13).
- T. Manninen. (2003). Interaction forms and communicative actions in multiplayer games. Game studies, 3(1), 2003.
- J. H. Lee & C. Park. (2011). A Study on the Leading and Resulting Factors of Social Game Accessibility. Academic Conference of the Korea Management Information Society, 150-154.
- E. Kim & D. Im. (2012). A study on the determinant for customer's item purchase intention and flow in online games classified by game genre in China. Journal of Korean Distribution and Management, 15(1), 61-72. https://doi.org/10.17961/jdmr.15.1.201203.61
- G. H. Lim & J. H. Lee. (2006). The study on purchase intention of the mobile environment. The Journal of Information Systems, 15(4), 189-209.
- C. Y. In. (2017). Effect on startup mentoring, education satisfaction, and startup intention according to the individual characteristic of university student. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 265-273. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.265
- E. M. Rogers. (1994). Diffusion of innovations. 1995. New York: Free Pr.
- S. H. Kim. (2004). (A) Study on the on-line game user's flow experience. Master's Thesis. Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
- M. Csikszentmihalyi. (1975). Flowing: A general model of intrinsically rewarding experiences. Journal of Humanistic Psychology.
- R. L. Oliver, R. T. Rust & S. Varki. (1997). Customer delight: foundations, findings, and managerial insight. Journal of retailing, 73(3), 311-336. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(97)90021-X
- W. Sun. (2011). A Study on the influence of Flow experience, Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty by the Social Network Games' Attributes. Master's Thesis. Kongju National University, Kongju.
- Holbrook, M. B., & Hirschman, E. C. (1982). The experiential aspects of consumption: Consumer fantasies, feelings, and fun. Journal of consumer research, 9(2), 132-140. https://doi.org/10.1086/208906
- Lee, J. W. (2012). The Influence of the Fashion Item Characteristics of 3D Online Games on the User's Character Satisfaction and Game Immersion and the Intention to Buy Fashion Item. Master's Thesis. Chung-Ang University.
- M. Y. Li. (2006). Effects of Mobile Game Immersion and Addiction on User Satisfaction and Loyalty. Master's Thesis. Seoul National University, Seoul.
- D. F. Midgley & G. R. Dowling. (1978). Innovativeness: The concept and its measurement. Journal of consumer research, 4(4), 229-242. https://doi.org/10.1086/208701
- S. H. Ha, Lim, K. H., & Bae, H. W. (2009). Comparison of Online Game User Communities by using Social Network Analysis. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 9(8), 178-189. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.8.178
- K. N. Park, K. H. Jung & H. Y. Lee. (2012). A Study on Two-Sided Network Effects and Negative Risk Factors in Accepting Mobile Applications. Korea Management Information Society, 2012(1), 437-448.
- D. H. Lim & E. J. Kim. (2012). A Study on the Determinant for Customer's Item Purchase Intention and Flow in Online Games Classified by Game Genre in China. Journal of Distribution and Management Research, 15(1), 61-72. https://doi.org/10.17961/jdmr.15.1.201203.61
- J. M. Kim. (2013). A Study on Influence Factors of User's Intention to Purchase in Mobile Social Network Game. Master's Thesis. Yonsei University, Seoul.
- W. Lee. (2015). A Study on the Factors Affecting Continual Intention of Use in Mobile-Based Social Network Games. Master's Thesis. Yeungnam University.