- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Volleyball Program on Physical Fitness and Attention Concentration of Middle School Students with Intellectual Disabilities
배구 프로그램이 중학교 지적장애학생의 체력과 주의집중력에 미치는 효과
- Bae, Kwang-Youl (Anyang Seo Middle School)
- 배광열 (안양서중학교)
- Received : 2019.11.13
- Accepted : 2020.02.20
- Published : 2020.02.28
The study aims to verify the effects of volleyball programs on the fitness and attention-intensive abilities of students with intellectual disabilities in middle school. Physical strength and attention concentration were analyzed to verify the effectiveness of the volleyball program. The volleyball program was applied to the experimental group three times a week, 90 minutes a week, a total of 36 times for 12 weeks. To verify the effectiveness of physical strength and attention concentration, the PPS-D intellectual disability student test and ATA concentration test were used to verify the effectiveness of attention concentration The six-minute walking figure related to cardiopulmonary functions was improved compared to those with intellectual disabilities who did not participate in the volleyball program, the report showed. We can see improvements in muscular function-related sit-ups and flexibility-related sit-ups compared to those with intellectual disabilities who did not participate, and significant changes have been seen in the distance of the place-wide jump related to net worth. We could also confirm that it had a positive effect on the improvement of selective attention concentration, and that the change in self-control, continuous attention, and selective attention among middle school students had a positive effect on the improvement.
- The National Institute of Special Education. (2019). a survey of special education. http://www.knise.kr/ search date: 2019.10.10.
- Block, M. E. (2000). Including children with disabilities in Regular Physical Education: A guide for practitioners(2nd ed). Balimore, MD: Brookes.
- Henderson, H. L., French, R. & Kinnison, L. (2001). Reporting grades for students with disabilities in general physical education. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, 72(6), 50-55.
- K. Y. Bae. (2010). The Influence of Special Sports Program on the Improvement of Exercise Function in Students with Intellectual Disabilities. Journal of the Korea Sports Association, 8(2), 355-369.
- K. J Oh & H. S. Lee. (2010). Problems of integrated sports culture in general schools based on the principle of normalization and the search for the existence of disabled students. Journal of the Korean Special Sports Association, 18(2), 63-80.
- K. Y. Bae. (2019). A Phenomenological Study on the Continuation of Exercise and School Life Satisfaction of Students with Intellectual Disabilities in Integrated Physical Education Volleyball Activities. Journal of Digital Convergence, 17(7), 109-114. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2019.17.7.109
- J. Y. Lee. (2017). The Effect of Disc Golf Program on the Attention Concentration of Students with Intellectual Master Thesis. Korea University. Seoul City.
- S. J. Yoo. (2009). The Effect of Sensory Exercise Program on the Attention Concentration and Brain Wave Variation of mentally retarded teenagers. Journal of the Korea Special Sports Association, 17(1), 187-205.
- H. J. Yoon. (2019). The Effect of Body Program on the Concentration of Students with Developmental Disabilities. Master Thesis. Korea National Sport University. Seoul City.
- B. S. Kim. (2014). The Effect of Task Proposal on the Attention Concentration and Agility of Children with Intellectual Disabilities in Group Routing Activities. Master Thesis. Yongin University. Yongin City.
- J. Y. Lim & O. J. Jung. (2014). The Effect of the Dancing Program on the Improvement of Attention and Body Expression among the Intellectuals and Youths. Journal of the Korean Dance Association, 4(1), 69-87.
- S. E. Sa, W. H. Kim, Y. G. Kim & J. Y. Lee. (2016). Effects of Physical Activity Intervention on Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors and Smartphone Game Time in Children. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(4), 479-486. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.479
- S. W. Kim & H. C. Kim. (2015). The Effect of the Taegeuk-kwon Movement on the Concentration and Brain Wave of the intellectually challenged Youth. Journal of the Korean Association of Physical Education, 54(3), 603-616.
- S. H. Park. (2013). The effect of 12-week underwater exercise on the physical strength, blood lipid and emotional behavior of children with intellectual disabilities. Master Thesis. Kyunghee University. Suwon City.
- S. J. Park. (2013). The Influence of Music Skipping Exercise on Problem Behavior of High School Students with Intellectual Disabilities. Master Thesis. Chosun University. Gwangju City.
- C. W. Ha. (2017). Effect of Physical Education on the Basic Physical Fitness and Class Attitude of Students with Autistic Disabilities in Special Classes Using PAPS-D. Special Education Research, 24(1), 238-261 https://doi.org/10.34249/jse.2017.24.1.238
- H. S. Oh. (2002). FAIR Caution Test Seoul: Central Book Publishing House.
- C. H. Song, H. H. Ko & J. E. Park. (2010). The effect of stretching exercise on the muscular activity of students with intellectual disabilities. Journal of the Korean Association for the Rehabilitation of Motion, 6(2), 163-173.
- Gallahue, D. L. & Ozmun, J. C. (2002). Understanding motor development: Children, adolescents, adults (5th ed). Boston: McGraw-Hill Companies.
- K. Y. Bae & S. S. Kim. (2010). The Effect of Walking Exercise Program on the Physical Fitness of Students with Intellectual Disabilities. Journal of the Korean Society for Social Sports, 39(1), 523-532.
- S. H. Yoo, H. D. Kim, J. K. Song & H. K. Yoon. (2006). Physical education evaluation. Seoul: Book publication Daegyeong Books.
- G. H. Kim, H. M. Kim, J. W. Park & H. S. Lee. (2015). An analysis of the effects of community skimming programs on the mobility ability and peerinteraction of intellectually challenged children. Korea Special Sports Association, 23(1), 65-78.
- O. B. Jeon & S. W. Ahn. (2006). Effect of sensory integration training on the attention-gravity of a mentally retarded child. Special Education Journal, 7(3), 171-189.
- M. S. Kim &, K. H. Lim. (2003). The Effect of Participation in the Average Exercise Program on the Improvement of Attention Intensive Force in Mental Delayed Children. Sungshin Women's University Institute of Basic Science, 20, 33-46.
- S. W. Choi. (2007). The effect of improving the bowling ability of mentally retarded children on attention's concentration. Master Thesis. Daegu University. Daegu City.
- H. J. Kang. (2006). The effect of visual perception training on attention-intensive behavior of mentally retarded students. Master Thesis. Chosun University. Gwangju City.