- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Review and Implication of the School Violence Prevention and Countermeasure Act Revision
학교폭력예방 및 대책에 관한 법률 개정 내용과 함의
- Seong, Moonju (Department of Social Welfare, Namseoul University)
- 성문주 (남서울대학교 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2019.01.04
- Accepted : 2020.02.20
- Published : 2020.02.28
This paper reviews the amend of the School Violence Act. The School Violence Act was introduced in 2004 and it has revised several times since then. However, the latest revision in 2019 was important and meaningful. The Act began to get a stance of educational approaches to school violences. It has more emphasized to deal with school violence in the perspective of educational approach. For example, the newly revised School Violence Act allows principles of schools to deal with school violence cases in a condition of minor violence cases when victim students and parents agree with. This is an impressive change. The School Violence Act is still on going change and it should be changed more educational perspectives to deal with school violences.
Supported by : Namseoul University
- M. I. Kwon. (2012). The Usefulness of Social Welfare Approach in the Prevention and intervention of School Violence, The Journal of Probation & Parol, 12(2), 1-32.
- Y. S. Ha. (2018). Problems and Improvements of The Act on the Prevention and Countermeasures against Violence in School, Dong-A Law Review, 78, 405-429. https://doi.org/10.31839/DALR.2018.02.78.405
- C. I. Cheon & S. W. Chong. (2013). A Study on Improvements of the Act on the Prevention and Countermeasures against Violences in Schools: Foused on Education, Prevention and Recovery Function, The Journal of Law of Education, The Journal of Ethics, 25(1), 205-229. https://doi.org/10.17317/tjle.25.1.201304.205
- H. T. Jeong. (2011). A Plan for Prevention of School Violence and Conflict Solution: Character Educational Approach, The Journal of Ethics Studies, 1(83), 123-162. https://doi.org/10.15801/je.1.83.201112.123
- National Law Information Center. (2020). Act on the Prevention of and Countermeasures against Violences in Schools. http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=190901#0000
- Ministry Education. (2019). Report of School Violence in 2019. https://www.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=294&boardSeq=78346&lev=0&m=02
- Y. M. Song. (2019). Bullying Experience of School Bullies on Convergence Study. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 10(2), 349-359. DOI.org/10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.2.349 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.2.349
- H. Moon & H. S. Kang. (2018). Convergence Study on the Effects of Socio-Ecological Factors on School Violence Attitudes in Middle School Students, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(12), 421-428. DOI.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.12.421 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.12.421
- O. G. Kwon. (2013). A Study on the Act of the Prevention and Measure to the School Violence, Kyungpook National University Law Journal, 43, 79-102.
- H. J. Lee. (2017). The Problems and Improvements of the Procedures for School Violence, Study on the American Constitution, 28(3), 215-251.
- J. K. Han. (2018). A Study on the School Violence Handling Procedure in Act on the Prevention of and Countermeasures against Violence in Schools, Journal of Public Society, 8(1), 131-161. https://doi.org/10.21286/jps.2018.02.8.1.131
- J. H. Park. (Sep, 28, 2018). Seoul Daily Newspaper. http://www.seoul.co.kr
- Y. J. Lee, C. H. Lee, J. M. Kang & S. H. Lee. (2014). Study on the Introduction of a Restorative Justice Model as a Means to Resolve of School Violence, Report of National Youth Policy Institute.
- S. A. Yang. (Jan, 31, 2019). Hankyoreh Daily Newspaper. http://www.hani.co.kr
- K. S. Shin. (2014). The Study on "School Violence Prevention and Countermeasure Act" viewed through the cases of administrative appeal, Kangwon Law Review, 41, 647-686. https://doi.org/10.18215/kwlr.2014.41..647
- E. K. Yun. (2015). The Study on the Countermeasures Articles to Perpetrator of School Violence under the School Violence Prevention and Countermeasure Act, Kangwon Law Review, 46, 457-493. https://doi.org/10.18215/kwlr.2015.46..457
- K. S. Kim. (2016). A Study on Possible Human Rights Abuse caused by the School Violence Act, European Constitution, 21, 433-455.