- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Utilization Method through the Analysis of the Women Leaders Database
여성 인재 데이터베이스 분석을 통한 활용 방안에 관한 연구
- Hong, Hee-Jeong (Centre for Gender Research, Uppsala University)
- 홍희정 (웁살라대학교 젠더연구센터)
- Received : 2019.11.26
- Accepted : 2020.02.20
- Published : 2020.02.28
The purpose of the study is to look at the status of the women's leaders databases designed to expand women's participation in the public sector, and to come up with measures for the utilization of the women's leaders databases. For this purpose, this study analyzed the current status of the women's leaders databases that have been established and managed by the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family and Incheon Metropolitan Government. And In order to find ways to utilize the database of women leaders, the results of a survey conducted by the Incheon Metropolitan Government were analyzed and policy implications were drawn. The policy implications for utilizing the women's leaders database are as follows: First, systematic management such as the reorganization of the women's leaders database and the updating of the latest information are necessary. Second, it is necessary to disclose the current status of women's leaders and trends in utilization through the website. Third, the follow-up is needed through active monitoring at the national level. And if possible, the results need to be reflected in the agency performance assessment. Fourth, regular and long-term public relations strategies are needed so that the women's leaders database can be used not only for career-breaking women but also for emerging talent. Based on this study, further research on how women who entered the society through the women's leaders database will be representative as social minorities will be needed.
- 2017 parliamentary inspection of the administration press release. "Women's Leaders DB utilization rate is only 0.47%." 2017.10.09.
- K. H. Cho. (2013). Policies and Programs for Enhancing Women Participation in Korean Engineering Fields. Korean Public Personnel Administration Review, 12(3), 187-212. DOI : I410-ECN-0102-2015-300-000519806
- M. K. Moon, S. J. Park, S. M. Shin, T. M. Lee & B. T. Kim. (2013). The Study on Strategically Developing Future Female Talent. Korean Women's Development Institute. 1-142.
- S. J. Park, S. E. Shin & N. H. Kim. (2016). Ways to Strengthen the Functions of Universities to Cultivate Talented Adult Women. Korean Women's Development Institute. 1-156.
- H. J. Hong & S. H. Hong. (2017). Critical Consideration on the Women Leaders DB System: Focusing on Incheon case. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 17(4), 478-487. DOI : https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.04.478 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.04.478
- M. H. Park, H. S. Byun & H. S. Shin. (2003). A Study on the Development of Human Resources and DB for Women's Ph.D. Korean Women's Development Institute, 1-30.
- J. A. Ryu, G. Park & H. A. Moon. (2003). A Study on the Actual Conditions of Women's Cultural Personnel and the Construction of DB, Korea Culture & Tourism Institute. 1-217.
- H. J. Hong. (2015). A Study on the Utilization of Women leaders: Focusing on Incheon Women's Leaders Pool. Incheon Foundation for Women & Family. 1-215.