- Volume 6 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Transition and Determinants of Long-Term Care Service for the Elderly in the Internet of Things era
융합의 시대에(사물인터넷시대에)한국 노인의 장기요양 서비스 이용 상태 전환과 결정요인 분석
- Choi, Jang-Won (Department of Welfare Management at TongMyong University)
- 최장원 (동명대학교 복지경영학과)
- Received : 2020.09.05
- Accepted : 2020.11.04
- Published : 2020.12.31
This study intends to the estimate the determinants and state dependence of long-term care services in Korea. For this purpose, we analyzed the transition patterns among three states of long-term care service utilization over time by using the Korea Welfare Panel Study data with the random effect multinomial logit model. It is found that the result showed a strong state dependence in long-term care service utilization. Especially, long-term care insurance for the elderly showed a strong state dependence among others. Among the individual demographic characteristics, the higher the age, the higher the probability of using long-term care insurance for the elderly, while the lower the probability when married. The characteristics of the residential region showed that the residents of the urban-rural integrated region had a significantly higher probability of using long-term care insurance than the reference region. The results of this study suggest that the long-term care service users have a strong state dependence, which means that it is important to take into account the increase in the utilization period of existing users in future demand forecasting.
- Y.G.Lee, "Discussions on Public Long-Term Care Insurance Reform in Germany and Reform 2008: Implications for the Stable Establishment of Long-Term Care Insurance for the Elderly in Korea," Social Welfare Policy, Vol. 36, pp.291-317, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15855/swp.2009.36.4.291
- M.Y.Kim, "The Problems and Improvement Plan of Long-Term Care Insurance System for the Elderly," Legislative Policy, Vol.5, pp.33-67, 2011.
- J.Y.Lim, "The Obstacles and Activation of Nursing Care in Long-Term Care Insurance for the Elderly," Journal of the Korea Creative Content Association, Vol 12, pp.283-299, 2012.. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.08.283
- W.M.Kang, "Planning a Partnership System between Long-Term Care Insurance Services for the Elderly and Care Services for the Elderly," Vol 26, pp.49-74, 2010.
- S.Y.Kim Soo-young, "The Problems and Development of the Long-Term Care Insurance System for the Elderly-Social Welfare Perspective," Vol 1, PP.64-97, 2013.
- H.B.Cha, "Discussions on the Development Process of Long-Term Care Insurance for the Elderly and the Future Direction for Improvement," Long-Term Care Research, Vol 1, pp.8-30, 2013.
- J.R,Yoon, "The need to reexamine and expand the scope of geriatric diseases for those under 65 years of age in Korea's long-term care insurance policy," long-term care research, Vol 2, pp.78-107, 2014.
- T.Kim. "A Study on Smart Warning Triangle," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol. 4, No.1, pp.37-41, 2018. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2018.4.1.037
- T.H.Woo, "Dynamical Nuclear Waste Assessment Using the Information Feedback Oriented Algorithm Applicable to the Internet of Things(IoT)", Vol. 6, No.1, pp.3-4, 2020.
- H.Kim, "Utilization of long-term care services under the public long-term care insurance program in Korea: implications of a subsidy policy," Health Policy, Vol.1 , No.2, pp.166-174, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthpol.2013.04.009
- C.W.KIM, "A Study on the Social Performance of the Long-Term Care Insurance System for the Elderly", Korea Social Welfare Survey, V34, pp.273-296, 2013.
- H.S.Cheon, "An Investigative Analysis on the Effects of Long-Term Care Insurance for the Elderly: Using the Primary to 10th Data of the Korean Welfare Panel," Health and Social Studies, Vol 37, No1, pp.307-331, 2017.
- D.B.Kim, "The Effect of Long-Term Care Service on the Depression and Life Satisfaction of Family Recipients -Comparison Study Between Groups According to Participation in Leisure Activities," the Journal of the Korean Society for Family Relations, Vol. 15, No.3, pp.117-135, 2010.
- J.S.Lee, "Quality Evaluation of Long-Term Care Service: Current System and Improvement Direction," Long-Term Care Research, Vol. 2, No.1, pp.88-112, 2014.
- Y.K.Lee, "Research on the Determinants of the Long-Term Care Service for the Elderly," Korean Aging Studies, Vol. 29, No.3, pp.917-933, 2009.