- Volume 6 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Construction of Dyeing Condition System for Lithospermum erythrorhizon by Applying Natural Dye and Mordants
천연 염료와 매염제의 응용에 의한 Lithospermum erythrorhizon의 염색 조건 시스템 구축
- Jung, Suk-Yul (Molecular Diagnostics Research Institute, Dept. of Biomedical Laboratory Science, Namseoul University)
- 정석률 (남서울대학교 임상병리학과 분자진단연구소)
- Received : 2020.09.14
- Accepted : 2020.10.24
- Published : 2020.12.31
It was reported that a mobile application was designed to easily provide natural dyeing information such as natural dye related resources, colors and dyed fabrics in 2007. Since studies on the linkage, application, etc. between natural dye dyeing and IoT are still lacking, diversity of information on the change of dyeing pattern by natural dye dyeing is required. In this study, it was to construct dyeing information by natural dyes, e.g., Lithospermum erythrorhizon, on silk, which has been traditionally used as many fibers in Korea. The extraction of the dye from L. erythrorhizon was carried out under pH4. The dried root of L. erythrorhizon showed dark brownish purple. Silk fabric by a without a mordant typically showed a purple dyed pattern. In the staining by sodium tartrate plus citric acid, silk fabric was stained clear brown. Interestingly, the mordant of iron (II) sulfate, the silk fabric was dyed in a light gray color rather than black. When the mordant of aluminum potassium sulfate was treated with L. erythrorhizon-extracted dye, the results were almost the same as when the mordant was not treated. When the degree of dyeing was evaluated numerically, the treatment of the mordant of potassium dichromate was about 50% darker, and the dyeing by iron (II) sulfate was about 75% darker. These results will be helpful in the study of applying various dye colors using L. erythrorhizon, and it will provide information on dyeing controller and database system construction by dyeing parameters such as dyeing degree, pH concentration, and chromaticity change.
- B.K.Kim and D.H.Kim, "A study of mobile application for information service of natural dyeing', Proceed. Korea Inform. Processing Soc. Conf., pp.176-177, 2017
- Y.S.Kim, K.H.Han and K.C.Kim, "Improved authentication mechanism of the RADIUS protocol in the internet of things", J. Korea Int. Things Soc., Vol.2, No.1, pp.1-6, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2016.2.1.001
- MH.Cho, Y.S.Paik and T.R.Hahn, "Physical stability of shikonin derivatives from the roots of Lithospermum erythrorhizon cultivated in Korea", J. Agric. Food Chem., Vol.47, No.10, pp.4117-4120, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf9902853
- H.G.Yoo, B.H.Lee, W.Kim, J.S.Lee, G.H.Kim, O.K.Chun, S.Koo and D.O.Kim, "Lithospermum erythrorhizon extract protects keratinocytes and fibroblasts against oxidative stress". J. Med. Food, Vol.17, No.11, pp.1-8, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1089/jmf.2014.1701.ed
- X.Chen, L.Yang, N.Zhang, J.A.Turpin, R.W.Buckheit, C.Ostering, J.J. Oppenheim and O.M.Z.Howard, "Shikonin, a component of Chinese herbal medicine, inhibits chemokine receptor function and suppresses human immunodeficiency virus type 1", Antimicrob. Agents Chemother., Vol.47, No.9, pp.2810-2816, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.47.9.2810-2816.2003
- S.Tanaka, M.Tajima, M.Tsukada and M.Tabata, "A comparative study on anti-inflammatory activities of the enantiomers, shikonin and alkannin", J. Nat. Prod., Vol.49, No.3, pp.466-469, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1021/np50045a014
- J.Han, X.Weng and K.Bi, "Antioxidants from a Chinese medicinal herb - Lithospermum erythrorhizon", Food Chem., Vol.106, No.1, pp.2-10, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2007.01.031
- G.S.Kim, H.J.Kim and D.Y.Lee, "Effect of supercritical fluid extract, shikonin and acetylshikonin from Lithospermum erythrorhizon on chondrocytes and MIA-induced osteoarthritis in rats", Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci., Vol.21, No.6, pp.466-473, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2013.21.6.466
- J.H.Ju, H.H.Cho and Y.S.Lee, "Progress on phytochemical and atopic dermatitis-related study of the root of Lithospermum erythrorhizon", Korean J. Pharmacogn., Vol.41, No.2, pp.73-88, 2010.
- IUPAC, "Compendium of chemical terminology", 2nd ed, the Gold Book, 1997.
- S.Y.Jung, "Natural staining patterns by dried skins of Vitas coignetiae Pulliat", Int. J. Appl. Engineer. Res., Vol.13, No.22, pp.15967-15969, 2018.
- S.Y.Jung, "Natural color changes of silk fabrics by leaves of Castanea crenata and Artemisia capillaris with mordants", J. Appl. Sci., Vol.14, No.24, pp.9726-9729, 2019.
- M.L.Gulrajani, "Introduction to natural dyes and mordants. Compendium of interregional workshop on natural dyes", NHDC Ltd, Lucknow, pp.85-95, 1993.
- A.Sharma and E.Grover, "Color fastness of walnut dye on cotton", Indian J. Nat. Pro. Res., Vol.2, No.2, pp.164-169, 2011.
- Y.J.Park and K.H.Lee, "Construction of IoT environment for XMPP protocol based medical devices using powershell", J. Korea Int. Things Soc., Vol.2, No.2 pp.15-20, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2016.2.2.015
- M.M.Alam, M.L.Rahman and M.Z.Haque, "Extraction of henna leaf dye and its dyeing effects on textile fibre", Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res., Vol.42, No.2, pp.217-222, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3329/bjsir.v42i2.475
- V.K.Gupta, R.A.Sachan, V.P.Singh and S.K.Shasma, "Natural dyes", The Indian Textile J., pp.16-18, 1998.
- V.Kumar and B.V.Bharti, "Eucalyptus yields dye," The Indian Textile J., pp.18-20, 1998.
- SK.Takanashi, Y.Nakagawa, S.Aburaya, K.Kaminade, W.Aoki, Y.Saida-Munakata, A.Sugiyama, M.Ueda and K.Yazaki, "Comparative proteomic analysis of Lithospermum erythrorhizon reveals regulation of a variety of metabolic enzymes leading to comprehensive understanding of the shikonin biosynthetic pathway", Plant Cell Physiol., Vol.60, No.1, pp.19-28, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1093/pcp/pcy183
- Financial news, "Real-time integrated monitoring technology of dyeing information", Korea Institute of International Technology, 2020.
- TIN news, "Qualitative growth through innovation in dyeing manufacturing process", TIN news, 2019.
- K.T.Park, Y.S.Kang, S.J.Im, S.D.Noh, S.G.Yang and Y.T.Kang, "Implementation of digital twin and virtual representation for energy efficiency improvement of dyeing and finishing industry", J. Korean Inst. Ind. Eng., Vol.45, No.6, pp.491-502, 2019.