- Volume 6 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Metallic FDM Process to Fabricate a Metallic Structure for a Small IoT Device
소형 IoT 용 금속 기구물 제작을 위한 금속 FDM 공정 연구
- Kang, In-Koo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Tongmyong Unviersity) ;
- Lee, Sun-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Tongmyong Unviersity) ;
- Lee, Dong-Jin (School of Mechanical Engineering, Tongmyong Unviersity) ;
- Kim, Kun-Woo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Tongmyong Unviersity) ;
- Ahn, Il-Hyuk (School of Mechanical Engineering, Tongmyong Unviersity)
- Received : 2020.09.30
- Accepted : 2020.11.07
- Published : 2020.12.31
An autonomous driving system is based on the deep learning system built by big data which are obtained by various IoT sensors. The miniaturization and high performance of the IoT sensors are needed for diverse devices including the autonomous driving system. Specially, the miniaturization of the sensors leads to compel the miniaturization of the fixer structures. In the viewpoint of the miniaturization, metallic structure is a best solution to attach the small IoT sensors to the main body. However, it is hard to manufacture the small metallic structure with a conventional machining process or manufacturing cost greatly increases. As one of solutions for the problems, in this work, metallic FDM (Fused depositon modeling) based on metallic filament was proposed and the FDM process was investigated to fabricate the small metallic structure. Final part was obtained by the post-process that consists of debinding and sintering. In this work, the relationship between infill rate and the density of the part after the post-process was investigated. The investigation of the relationship is based on the fact that the infill rate and the density obtained from the post-processing is not same. It can be said that this work is a fundamental research to obtain the higher density of the printed part.
- R.G.Park, H.J.Yun, E.G.Han, S.W.Kang, D.H.Jeon, J.H. Park, K.Y.Jung and T.K.Kang, "A Study on an intergrated System for Urban Autonomous Driving Technology and its Application," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol.26, No.5, pp.279-294, 2020. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2020.20.0038
- D.G.Kim, H.S. Lee, T.W.Kim and H.W.Lee, "LBS/GPS based Bicycle Safety Application with Arduino," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things, Vol.2, No.1, pp.7-15, 2016.
- S.C.Jang and J.W.Lee, "Development of Intelligent IoT Exhaustion System for Bag Filter Collector," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things, Vol.5, No.1, pp.29-34, 2019.
- T.Wohler, Wohlers report 2018, Wohlers Associattes Inc. 2018.
- B.Stucker, I.Gibson and D.Rosen, Additive manufacturing Technologies, 2nd ed., New York: Springer, 2015.
- Ultrafuse 316L [Internet], https://forward-am.com/find-material/filaments/ultrafuse-316l
- B.Verlee, T.Dormal and J.Lecomte-Beckers, "Density and porosity control of sintered 316L stainless steel parts produced by additive manufacturing," Pwder Metallurgy, Vol.55, No.4, pp.260-267, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1179/0032589912Z.00000000082
- L.Malekmotier, G.Z.Voyiadjis, A.S.Dooki, F.Lu and J.Zhou, "The Effects of annealing temperature on interrelation between the microstructural evlolution and plastic deformation in polymers," Journal of polymer science part B: Polymer Physics, Vol.55, No.17, pp. 1286-1297, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1002/polb.24379
- S.Bai, N.Perevoshchikova, S.Yu and X.Wu, "The Effects of Selective Laser Melting Process parameters on Relative Densith of the AlSi10Mg Parts and Suitable Procedures of the Archimedes Method," Journal of applied Sciences, Vol.9, No.3, 10.3390/app9030583, 2019. https://doi.org/10.3390/app9030583
- I.H.Ahn, "A Study for the Mechanical Properties with Infill Rate in FDM Process to Fabricate the Small IoT Device," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things, Vol.6, No.3, pp.77-82, 2020.
- S.Riecker, J.Cluse, T.Studnitzky, O.Andersen and B.Kieback, "Fused Deposition Modelling-Opportunities for Cheap Metal AM," World PM2016-AM-Deposition Techlogoies, 2016.
- T.Kurzynowski, W.Stopyra, K.Gruber, G.Ziolkowski, B.kuznicka and E.Chlebus, "Effect of Scanning and Support Strategies on Relative Density of SLMed H13 Steel in Relation to Scpecimen Size," Materials, Vol.12, No.2, doi.org/10.3390/ma12020239, 2019. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma12020239
- A.Armillotta and M.Cavallaro, "Edge quality in fused deposition modeling: I. Definition and analysis," Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol.23, No.6, pp.1079-1087, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-02-2016-0020
- A.Armillotta and M.Cavallaro, "Edge quality in fused deposition modeling: II. experimental verification," Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol.23, No.4, pp.686-695, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-02-2016-0021
- J.K.Jha and A.Narasimhulu, "A Critical Review of Process Parameters of Fused Deposition Modelling," Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering, Vol.5, No.3, pp.138-141, 2018.
- H.Ch.Wu, and T.C.T.Chen, "Quality control issues in 3D-printing manufacturing: a review," Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol.24, No.3, pp.607-614, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-02-2017-0031