- Volume 6 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Optimal CW Synchronization Scheme in IEEE 802.11 WLANs
IEEE 802.11 WLAN 환경에서 최적의 CW 공유 방안
- Lee, Jin-Lee (Division of Computer Engineering, Hanshin University) ;
- Lee, Su-Bin (Division of Computer Engineering, Hanshin University) ;
- Kyung, Yeunwoong (Division of Computer Engineering, Hanshin University)
- Received : 2020.10.08
- Accepted : 2020.11.28
- Published : 2020.12.31
In this paper, we propose a optimal CW(Conention Window) synchronization scheme in IEEE 802.11 WLANs. IEEE 802.11 WLANs support DCF(Distributed Coordination Function) mode for the MAC(Medium Access Control) operation. In DCF, the CW increases exponentially according to the collisions and becomes minimum CW according to the success of data transmissions. However, since the base minimum CW value is hardware or standard specific, the number of active stations and network status are not considered to determine the CW value. Even though the researches on optimal CW have beend conducted, they do not consider the optimal CW synchronization among mobile stations which occur network performance degradation. Therefore, this paper calculates the optimal CW value and shares it with mobile stations in the network.
- D.W.Lee, K.Cho, and S.H.Lee, "Analysis on Smart Factory in IoT Environment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.1-5, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iot.2018.11.001
- Y.W.Kyung and T.K.Kim, "Flow Handover Management Scheme based on QoS in SDN Considering IoT," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.6, No.2, pp.45-50, 2020. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2020.6.2.045
- Y.W.Kyung and T.K.Kim, "Service Mobility Support Scheme in SDN-based Fog Computing Environment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.6, No.3, pp.39-44, 2020. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2020.6.3.039
- IEEE 802 Part 11 : Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specification, IEEE Std. 2016.
- G.Bianchi, L.Fratta, and M.Oliveri, "Performance evaluation and enhancement of the CSMA/CA MAC protocol for 802.11 wireless LANs," in Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communication (PIMRC '96), Vol.3, pp.391-396, 1996.
- F.Cali, M.Conti, and E.Gregori, "IEEE 802.11 protocol: Design and performance evaluation of an adaptive backoff mechanism". IEEE Journal an Selected Areas in CommiCations, Vol.18, No.9, pp.1774-1780, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.872963
- Y.Peng, H.Wu, S.Cheng, and K.Long, "A new self-adapt DCF algorithm,". Global Telecommunications Conference, Vol.1, No.1 pp.87-91, 2002.
- Q.Pang, S.C.Liew, J.Y.B.Lee, and V.C.M.Leung, "Performance evaluation of an adaptive backoff scheme for WLAN", Wireless Commun. Mobile Comput., Vol.4, No.8, pp.867-879, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/wcm.260
- I.Syed and B.Roh, "Adaptive backoff algorithm for contention window for dense IEEE 802.11 WLANs", Mobile Inf. Syst., Vol.2016, pp.1-11, 2016.
- I.Syed, S.Shin, B.Roh, and M.Adnan, "Performance Improvement of QoS-Enabled WLANs Using Adaptive Contention Window Backoff Algorithm," in IEEE Systems Journal, Vol.12, No.4, pp.3260-3270, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSYST.2017.2694859
- H.Wu, S.Cheng, Y.Peng, K.Long, and J.Ma, "IEEE 802.11 distributed coordination function (DCF): analysis and enhancement," International Conference on Communications. Conference Proceedings, Vol.5, pp.605-609, 2002.
- N.Song, B.Kwak, J.Song and M.E.Miller, "Enhancement of IEEE 802.11 distributed coordination function with exponential increase exponential decrease backoff algorithm,". The 57th IEEE Semiannual Vehicular Technology Conference, Vol.4, pp.2775-2778, 2003.
- C.Ke, C.Wei, K.W.Lin, and J.Ding. "A smart exponential-threshold-linear backoff mechanism for IEEE 802.11 WLANs". Int. J. Commun. Syst. Vol.24, No.8, pp.1033-1048, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/dac.1210
- R.Ali, N.Shahin, Y.T.Kim, B.S.Kim, and S.W.Kim, "Channel observation-based scaled backoff mechanism for high-efficiency WLANs," Electronics Letter, Vol.54, No.10, pp.663-665, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2018.0617
- N.Shahin, R.Ali, S.Kim, and Y.Kim, "Cognitive Backoff Mechanism for IEEE802.11ax High-Efficiency WLANs," Journal of Communications and Networks, Vol.21, No.2, pp.158-167, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/JCN.2019.000022