- Volume 6 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
IoT Utilization for Predicting the Risk of Circulatory System Diseases and Medical Expenses Due to Short-term Carbon Monoxide Exposure
일산화탄소 단기 노출에 따른 순환계통 질환 위험과 진료비용 예측을 위한 IoT 활용 방안
- Lee, Sangho (Dept. of Smart Business, Mokpo National University) ;
- Cho, Kwangmoon (Dept. of Electronic Commerce, Mokpo National University)
- Received : 2020.09.29
- Accepted : 2020.11.24
- Published : 2020.12.31
This study analyzed the effect of the number of deaths of circulatory system diseases according to 12-day short-term exposure of carbon monoxide from January 2010 to December 2018, and predicted the future treatment cost of circulatory system diseases according to increased carbon monoxide concentration. Data were extracted from Air Korea of Korea Environment Corporation and Korea Statistical Office, and analyzed using Poisson regression analysis and ARIMA intervention model. For statistical processing, SPSS Ver. 21.0 program was used. The results of the study are as follows. First, as a result of analyzing the relationship between the impact of short-term carbon monoxide exposure on death of circulatory system diseases from the day to the previous 11 days, it was found that the previous 11 days had the highest impact. Second, with the increase in carbon monoxide concentration, the future circulatory system disease treatment cost was estimated at 10,123 billion won in 2019, higher than the observed value of 9,443 billion won at the end of December 2018. In addition, when summarized by month, it can be seen that the cost of treatment for circulatory diseases increases from January to December, reflecting seasonal fluctuations. Through such research, the future for a healthy life for all citizens can be realized by distributing various devices and equipment utilizing IoT to preemptively respond to the increase in air pollutants such as carbon monoxide.
- J.H.Jeong, "The Policy Direction on Environment Diseases and Environmental Risk of Children Health," Health and Welfare Forum, Vol.2009, No.6, pp.100-111, 2009.
- National Institute of Environmental Research, Air Environment Annual Report 2016, 2017.
- H.J.Seo and H.S.Lee, "How Air Pollutants Influence on Environmental Diseases? : Focused on Seoul Metropolitan Area," Seoul Studies, Vol.20, No.3, pp.39-59, 2019.
- World Health Organization, Preventing Disease through Healthy Environments, 2006.
- H.J.Bae, "A Study on the Spatial Distribution of Health Effects by Climate Change and Air Pollution," Korea Environment Institute, 2011.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Science, Environmental Diseases from A to Z, 2007.
- I.J.Yoon and S.Y.Han, "Analysis of the Relationship between GRDP and Environmental Pollution: Application of Environmental Kuznets Curve," The Journal of Korean Policy Studies, Vol.10, No.1, pp.249-263, 2010.
- D.C.Shin, "Air Pollution and Health," Health News, Vol.18, No.6, pp.28-33, 1994.
- B.S.Kim, "Association of Health Status with Air Pollutants through Time-Series Analysis in an Industrial Complexes Morbidity and Mortality," Dongguk University Graduate School, Doctoral Dissertation, 2017.
- H.J.Bae, "A Framework for Estimating the Long-term Health Effects of Air Pollution," Korea Environment Institute, Vol.2014, pp.1-103, 2014.
- World Health Organization, Ambient Air Pollution: A Global Assessment of Exposure and Burden of Disease, Geneva: WHO Press, 2016.
- H.Kim and J.T.Lee, "Epidemiologic Methods and Study Designs for Investigating Adverse Health Effects of Ambient Air Pollution," Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Vol.34 No.2, pp.119-126, 2001.
- D.M.Peak, "Health Effects Due to Air Pollution," Journal of the Korean Industrial Nursing Association, Vol.8 No.2, pp.10-18, 2001.
- J.S.Park, S.L.Shin, Y.H.Seo and H.M.Jung, "The Risk Factors of Acute Cardiovascular and Neurological Toxicity in Acute CO Poisoning Patients and Epidemiologic Features of Exposure Routes," Journal of The Korean Society of Clinical Toxicology, Vol.18, No.1, pp.34-41, 2020. https://doi.org/10.22537/JKSCT.2020.18.1.34
- J.Varon, P.E.Marik, R.E.Fromm Jr. and A.Gueler, "Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: a Review for Clinicians," The Journal of Emergency Medicine, Vol.17, No.1, pp.87-93, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0736-4679(98)00128-0
- J.A.Raub, M.Mathieu-Nolf, N.B.Hampson and S.R.Thom, "Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - a Public Health Perspective," Toxicology, Vol.145, No.1, pp.1-14, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-483X(99)00217-6
- D.Satran, C.R.Henry, C.A.dkinson, C.I.Nicholson, Y.Bracha and T.D.Henry, "Cardiovascular Manifestations of Moderate to Severe Carbon Monoxide Poisoning," Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Vol.45, No.9, pp.1413-1516, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2005.01.039
- B.W.Jasper, R.O.Hopkins, H.V.Duker and L.K.Weaver, "Affective Outcome Following Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: a Prospective Longitudinal Study," Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology: Official Journal of the Society for Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology, Vol.18, No.2, pp.127-134, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.wnn.0000160820.07836.cf
- C.Gandini, A.F.Castoldi, S.M.Candura, C.Locatelli, R.Butera, S.Priori and L.Manzo, "Carbon Monoxide Cardiotoxicity," Journal of Toxicology-Clinical Toxicology, Vol.39, No.1, pp.35-44, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1081/CLT-100102878
- D.Gorman, H.Y.Lin and C.Williams, "Early Evidence of a Regulated Response to Hypoxaemia in Sheep that Preserves the Brain Cortex," Neuroscience Letters, Vol.394, No.2, pp.174-178, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neulet.2005.10.075
- I.C.Moon, G.G.Kim, W.S.Park, J.H.Bak and J.T.Seong, "Development of a Mood Lamp for Detection and Prevention of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning," The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers Academic Conference, Vol.2020, No.8, pp.2297-2299, 2020.
- F.Laden, J.Schwartz, F.E.Speizer and D.W.Dockery, "Reduction in Fine Particulate Air Pollution and Mortality: Extended Follow-up of the Harvard Six Cities Study," American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Vol.173, No.6, pp.667-672, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200503-443OC
- T.J.Hastie and R.J.Tibshirani, Generalized Additive Models, London: Chapman and Hall, 1990.
- D.H.Jin, "Study of Forecasting the Effluent Quality for Small Sewage Treatment Facilities using ARIMA Model," Transportation of Korea University Graduate School, Doctoral Dissertation, 2020.
- G.E.P.Box and G.M.Jenkins, Time Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control, 2nd ed., San Francisco: Holden-Day, 1976.
- H.J.Jung, "Development of the Stochastic Models to Forecast Atmospheric Ozone Concentration using ARIMA, Transfer Function and Artificial Neural Networks," Seoul National University Graduate School, Doctoral Dissertation, 2005.
- G.E.P.Box, G.M.Jenkins and G.C.Reinsel, Time Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control, 3rd ed., Prentice-Hall International, Inc, 1994.
- K.P.Jang, S.Kam and J.Y.Park, "Trend and Forecast of the Medical Care Utilization Rate, the Medical Expense per Case and the Treatment Days per Cage in Medical Insurance Program for Employees by ARIMA Model," Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Vol.24, No.3, pp.441-458, 1991.
- J.S.Chae and J.K.Song, "Long Term Estimation for the Body Size and BMI of Korean Children & Youth using ARIMA Model," Korean Journal of Sport Science, Vol.27 No.3, pp.530-542, 2016. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2016.27.3.530
- U.T.Kim, Y.C.Kim and S.Y.Kwak, "IoT based Indoor Air Quality Monitoring System," The Korea Contents Society, Vol.16 No.2, pp.143-151, 2016.
- S.Y.Jung, "Usefulness of Chlorine Dioxide to Airborne Bacteria at a Hospital using Biological Information," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.6 No.2, pp.19-24, 2020. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2020.6.2.019
- H.T.Yang, J.S.Oh and K.H.Lee, "A Study on Health Check Solution using Indoor Air Purifier," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.3 No.1, pp.25-32, 2017. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2017.3.1.025
- I.S.Ohn, "Time-varying Coefficient Model with an Application to Health Risk Assessment of High Temperature and Air Pollution," Seoul National University Graduate School, Doctoral Dissertation, 2014.
- Y.S.Cho and Y.H.Sonn, "Estimation of the Health Benefits for Improving Air Quality," Applied Economy, Vol.6 No.1, pp.133-150, 2004.