- Volume 6 Issue 4
Recently, epidemic of covid-19 causes rapid increase in demand for untact video conferences. In existing server-client based video conference systems such as Zoom, Google Meet, etc., the server generates the conference key and controls the access rights of meeting members and their contents with it. In this case, the server can fabricate or repudiate the meeting. So, the privacy of the meeting members is not guaranteed. It's necessary to make the conference key distribution scheme where all participants can verify the trustfulness without help of the server. The smart contract is the program stored to the blockchain. Its contents cannot be altered due to the property of the blockchain, and everybody can verify the execution results of it. In this study, we propose the smart contract based conference key distribution scheme. The proposed scheme is consisted of smart contract deployment, conference key generation and verification stages. The smart contract replaces the role of existing trustful server and the meeting members can generate the conference key according to the protocols implemented on it. The proposed scheme can be applied to the video conference systems and only the meeting members can access the conference key.
- ZOOM Security Guide, https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Zoom-Security-White-Paper.pdf, 2020.
- Recommendation ITU-R BT.1852-1(10/2016) Conditional-access systems fordigital broadcasting BT Series Broadcasting service(television)
- B. Schneier, Applied Cryptography, Wiley, 1996.
- R.L.Rivest, A.Shamir, and L.Adleman, "A method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems," Communications of the ACM, Vol.21, No.2, 1978.
- "RFC 4306 Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol". InternetEngineeringrg/web/20150107073645/http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4306.txt.
- I. Ingemarsson, D.T.Tang and C.K.Wong, "A Conference Key Distribution System," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol.28, No.5. pp.714-720, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.1982.1056542
- A.M.Antonopoulos, Mastering Bitcoin 2nd Edition, O'Reilly, 2017.
- A. M. Antonopoulos, D. Gavin Wood, Mastering Ethereum, O'Reilly, 2019.
- D. Gavin Wood, ETHEREUM: A Secure Decentralised Generalised Transaction Ledger, https://ethereum.github.io/yellowpaper/paper.pdf
- SHA-2, FIPS PUB 180-4, 2001.