- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Measures to Activate Education Field of Maker Movement in Korea
국내 메이커 운동의 교육 분야 활성화 방안 연구
- Oh, Soo-Jin (International Design Trend Center, Hongik University) ;
- Baek, Yun-Cheol (Department of Computer Science, Sangmyung University) ;
- Kwon, Ji-Eun (Department of Human-centered Artificial Intelligence, Sangmyung University)
- Received : 2019.08.23
- Accepted : 2019.11.20
- Published : 2019.11.28
The culture and education are very active with the active policy and support to form the government's Maker Movement. The purpose of this study is to grasp the current status of the education sector of the domestic maker movement, which is increasing recently, and to propose a plan for activating maker education for the development of a positive direction. To this end, first, the current status and problems of domestic maker training are derived through in-depth interviews with existing maker training operators and participants. Second, based on the contents of the interview script, keyword analysis and its characteristics through the qualitative survey analysis program (NVIVO) are identified. Third, based on the analysis results, we propose a plan and development direction for domestic maker education. Based on the educators who performed maker training and the students involved, professional maker teachers were required for the professionalism of education, and the expansion of maker channels and professional networking of participating students was required. In addition, there was a need for specialized programs and appropriate policy support that reflected the characteristics of maker training. This study aims at contributing to the activation of maker education, which is a major field of maker movement, by helping to improve concrete support methods, training related educators, and educational environment for maker education.
Maker Movement;Maker Education;Maker Culture;4th Industry Revolution;Convergence
Supported by : Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science & Creativity(KOFAC)
- D. S. Seo. (2019). A Study on the Autonomous Decision Right of Emotional AI based on Analysis of 4th Wave Technology Availability in the Hyper-Linkage, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 9(8), 9-19.
- H. W. Yim. (2018). A Study on Development of SMEs Start-up Consulting Course by Convergence subject STEAM, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(6), 381-387.
- Mark Hatch. (2014). The M-aker Movement Manifesto, San Francisco : Mc Graw Hill Education.
- S. J. Kwak. (2019). Service Design Guideline for Maker Space. Journal of Digital Convergence, 17(2), 389-397.
- J. E. Kwon. (2018) Research on the actual condition of Korea Makers, Korea Foundation for The advancement of Science & Creativity.
- Erica R. Halverson & Kimberly M. Sheridan. (2014). The Maker Movement in Education. Harvard Educational Review, Winter, 21-32.
- L. Martin. (2015). The Promise of the Maker Movement for Education. Journal of Pre-College Engineering Education Research. 5(1), 4.
- Kimberly M. Sheridan, Abigail W. Konopasky, Asia Williams & Grace J.J. Wingo, (2016). Resourceful and Inclusive: Towards Design Principles for Makerspaces, paper presented at AERA.
- Shirin Vossoughi, Paula Hooper, Meg Escude. (2016). Exploratorium, Making Through the Lens of Culture and Power: Toward Transformative Visions for Educational Equity, Summer issue of the Harvard Educational Review. 41-52.
- Kelvin Seifert & Rosemary Sutton. (2009), Global Text Project. Zurich : Educational Psychology: Second Edition. 33-37.
- ShaMita Sha. (2015.11.25.). The Constructivism. Pedagogy In Education. http://pedagogy28. blogspot.com
- I. A. Kang & M. K. Kim. (2017). Exploring Educational Effects of Maker Activity in an Elementary School Class. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17(14), 487-515. https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.14.487
- M. J. Kang. (2018). Development of Checklist for Development and Operation of Maker Education Program. Master Degree Thesis, Kyunghee University.
- H. J. Cha & T. J. Park. (2018). A Development of Recommendation to Promote Maker Education at the Korean .Primary & Secondary School Level in Korea through Analysis of Glabal Maker Education Best Practices. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(11), 97-113.
- H. M. Jung. (2018). Development of Maker Education Program Using Museum. Master Degree Thesis, Seoul National University of Education.
- Bill Derry, David V. Loertscher, Leslie Preddy, (2013). uTEC Maker Model, http://research-archive.canadianschoollibraries.ca
- Sylvia Libow Martinez & Gary Stager. (2013). The Makered Mindset "The central thesis is that students should engage in tinkering and making because they are powerful ways to learn", Maker Education in SD57, 1-11
- H. J. Yoon. (2018). The Development of a Model of Maker Education Utilizing Design Thinking, Doctor Degree Thesis, Kyunghee University.