- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Factors Related to the Activity Limitations of Patients with Injury Visits to the Emergency Department
응급실 방문 손상환자의 활동제한 관련요인 연구
- Kim, Ye-Rim (Department of Health Science, Graduate School of Chosun University) ;
- Kim, So-Yeong (Department of Health Science, Graduate School of Chosun University)
- Received : 2019.09.04
- Accepted : 2019.11.20
- Published : 2019.11.28
This study was conducted to present factors related to limiting activities of patients visiting the emergency department in general, and the data collection was made using raw data from the sixth and third years (2014) to the seventh years (2015) of the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. The study subjects were conducted on 425 patients who had visited the emergency department due to injury and analyzed using the SPSS/WIN 23.0 program. The study found that the younger the age of 19, the worse the subjective health condition, the more relevant the Activity Limitations, which is thought to contribute to research and policy decisions to prevent future activity limitations of patients visiting emergency department due to injury.
- Susan P & Baker. (1992). The Injury Fact Book. New York : Oxford University Press.
- H. T. Chung & Y. H. Nam. (2015). Characteristics and Influencing Factors of Injured Patients in a Hospital within the Farming Village. Journal of Korean island. 27(2), 141-155.
- J. W. Ko, W. J. Kim, Y. J. Kang, J. O. Park, K. H. Park & E. J. Lee. (2012). Risk Factors of Injured Patients with Frequent Emergency Department Visits: A Single Center Study in Jeju Island. The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, 23(3), 327-333.
- Holder Y, Peden M, Krug E el al (Eds). (2001). Injury surveillance guidelines. Geneva, World Health Organization.
- S. H. Ahn, S. H. Seo, B. A. Kim, K. E. Lee & Y. T. Kim.(2018). Emergency Department-based Injury In-depth Surveillance Data 2006-2015. Public Health Weekly Report, CDC. 9(33).
- S. J. Kim, B. R. Kim & S. J. Park. (2015). Preventable Hospitalizations and Emergency Room Visits: Focus on Medical Aid Beneficiaries with Chronic Conditions. Health and Social Welfare Review, 35(2), 405-428. DOI : https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2015.35.2.405 https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2015.35.2.405
- Wiechman, S. A, J. T. Ptacek, D. R. Patterson, N. S. Gibran, L. E. Engrav. & D. M. (2001). Rates, Tends, and Severity of Depression after Burn Injuries. J Burn Care Rehabil, 22(6), 417-424. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1097/00004630-200103002-00080 https://doi.org/10.1097/00004630-200111000-00012
- I. J. Kim, S. H. Lee, H. J. Ju, S. S. Park, H. W. Oh & H. S, Lee. (2015). Activity Restriction caused by Maxillofacial Trauma in Adolescents. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health 2015 December, 39(4), 245-250. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2015.39.4.245.
- H. H. Paek & H. S. Lee. (2015). Factors Related to Physical Activities of Elderly with Chronic Disease Between Urban and Rural Areas. Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, 9(2), 267-278. DOI : https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2015.06.9.2.267 https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2015.06.9.2.267
- Y. R. Song, M. S. Lee, D. R. Kim & K. H Kim. (2017). A Convergence Study on the Characteristics of Length of Hospital Stays of Injured and Traumatic Death Patients- Based on the Korea National Hospital Discharge Injury Survey Data. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(5), 87-96. DOI : https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.5.087 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.5.087
- I. S. Yoo & E. M. Choi. (2015). A Analytical Research into Social and Economic Costs for Each Type of Accident. Injury and Intoxication, 20(3), 71-79. DOI : http://dx.doi.org./10.9723/jksiis.2015.20.3.071
- S. D. Kim. (2018). Prevalence of Activity Limitation in Korea's Older Adults Population. Jour. of KoCon.a , 18(6), 453-460. DOI : https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2018.18.06.453
- N. S. Kim & Y. M. Kim. (2014). Women's Overall Health Status: Life Expectancy, Self Rated Health Status, Activity Limitations. Health and Welfare Policy Forum. 210(0). 5-16.
- S. H. Lee et al.. (2013). Usefulness of the Pediatric Risk of Mortality Score III as a Predictor of Severity or Mortality for Injured Children. The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, 24(2), 174-180.
- WHO. (2001). Injury surveillance guidelines. Retrieved December 18, 2015, from http://www.who.int
- K. H. Park, J. S. Lee, Y. Kim, Y. I. Kim & J. Y. Kim. (2009). The Socioeconomic Cost of Injuries in South Korea. Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, 42(1), 5-1. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2009.42.1.5 https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2009.42.1.5
- G. H. Kim, H. S. Ahn, H. J. Kim & M. L. Han. (2014). Systematic Review on the Evaluation of School based Unintentional Injuries Prevention Programmes in 7-19 Years Old. J Korean Soc Sch Health, 27(1), 7-21. DOI : https://doi.org/10.15434/kssh.2014.27.1.007 https://doi.org/10.15434/kssh.2014.27.1.007
- K. I. Youn. (2014). Comparisons of Health Care Utilization Patterns and Outcome for National Health Insurance and Medical Aid Program Cancer Patients, Journal of Health Informatics and Statistics, 39(1), 42-59.
- H. O. Lee & K. S. Kim. (2015), Health-care Utilization and Health-related Quality of Life between the Insured in National Health Insurance and the Recipients in Medical Aid Program. Korean Journal of Social Welfare Research, 44, 187-210. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.17997/SWRY.44.1.8 https://doi.org/10.17997/SWRY.44.1.8
- S. K. Kim & J. C. Lee. (2017). Utilization of Emergency Medical Services According to the Medical Aid Benefit. Health Service Management Review, 11(4), 35-47. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.18014/hsmr.2017.11.4.35
- D. H. Park, J. Y. Kim, J. Y. Park, S. I. C, W. J. Kim, Y. C. Kim, Y. S. Youn, H. C. Kim, Y. M. Lee, C. O. Kim & Justin Y Jeon. (2018). Association among Social network Size, Physical Activity and Self-rated Health in Korean Elderly: The Korea Urban Rural Elderly cohort study(KURE) 2012-2015. Korean Journal of sport studies, 57(6), 149-160. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.17997/SWRY.44.1.8 https://doi.org/10.23949/kjpe.2018.11.57.6.11
- K. M. Koo & C. J. Kim. (2016). Association Between Level of Physical Activity and Self-rated Health in People with Spinal Cord Injury. Journal of Special Education & Rehabilitation Science 55(1), 155-168. DOI : https://doi.org/10.15870/jsers.2016.03.55.1.155 https://doi.org/10.15870/jsers.2016.03.55.1.155
- J. H. Cho & Y. J. Kim. (2016). The Impact of Physical Activity on Quality of Life and Subjective Health. Asian Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science, 4(1), 65-72.
- W. M. Choi, Y. L. Choi & K. H. Park. (2017). Mediation Effects of Perceived Health Status on the Relationship Between Exercise and Self-Esteem in the Elderly Wome. Journal of Korean Association of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women 31(1), 1-14. DOI : https://doi.org/10.16915/jkapesgw.2017.03.31.1.1
- S. D. Oh & I. S. Cho. (2018). A Study on the Effect of Physical Exercise on Health. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 20(3), 1381-1394.
- M. S. Sohn, H. K. Kim. H. S Rhee. & M. K. Choi. (2018). Association between Multi-morbidity and Health Care Expenditure or Catastrophic Health Expenditures of South Korean Adults. The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, 24(3), 49-75.