- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Proposal for Semantic Digital Archive for UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Sites List: Centering on User-Centric Relational Facet Navigation
유네스코 무형문화유산 시맨틱 디지털 아카이브 구축: 이용자 중심 관계형 패싯 네비게이션을 중심으로
- 박선희 (부산광역시 지방경찰청)
- Received : 2019.10.21
- Accepted : 2019.11.07
- Published : 2019.11.30
UNESCO clearly has a good user interface compared to other sites. However, it does not have a structure in which user-centric knowledge curating is employed by users. As such, the knowledge structure should be expressed differently in advance for users to enjoy such benefits. At present, almost all current information systems are lacking with semantic and contextual information. Moreover, these systems are deemed insufficient of interlinking various kinds of thoughts in our minds. Thus, it is necessary to model in advance what users are likely to think and provide an interface that they can easily utilize based on that modeling. Furthermore, there is a need for a new structural theory based on semantic technology that can make that possible. Therefore, in this proposal, theoretical and practical insights were presented for user interface implementation to which relational facet navigation based on the structural theory is applied. Moreover, this proposal intends to suggest a "thinking expansion platform" that allows users' ideation of different concepts, including those unfamiliar to them.
- Kim, Dong Hwan (2004). Systematical Thinking. Seolu: Sunhaksa.
- Kim, Myoung Hun (2017). A Study on the Meaning of Record Contents Based on Record Continuum: Focusing on the Record Contents of Religious Institutions, The Korean Journal of Archival Studies, 52, 241-275. https://doi.org/10.20923/kjas.2017.52.241
- Kim, Su kyung & Ahn, Kee hong (2008). Web Ontology Building Methodology for Semantic Web Application. The KIPS transactions, 15(1), 47-60. https://doi.org/10.3745/KIPSTD.2008.15-D.1.47 https://doi.org/10.3745/KIPSTD.2008.15-D.1.47
- Kim, Yong (2012). A Study on Analysis of Requirements and Design of IR System for Semanticbased Information Retrieval. Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 23(1), 91-111. https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2012.23.1.091 https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2012.23.1.091
- Noh, Meung Hoan (2016). Understanding of Records/Archives and Archives Management Based on the Semiotics and Constructivism of Sunglihak: Focused on the Understanding and Supplement of Records Continuum, Journal of history and culture, 57. 149-219.
- Park, Soon (2017). A Study on Digital Archive Compilation for Korean Classical Literature: Focused on Writings about Traditional Houses. Department of Korean Language and Literature. The Graduate School of Yonsei University.
- Park, Ok Nam (2012). The Design and Development of Linked Data from Authority Data in National Archives of Korea. Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 23(2), 5-25. https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2012.23.2.005 https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2012.23.2.005
- Yoon, So Young (2013). A Study on the Implementation of Korean History Contents Service based on Linked Open Data. Journal of the Korean society for information management, 30(3), 297-315. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2013.30.3.297 https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2013.30.3.297
- Lee, Byung Kil (2013). A Design and Implementation of Ontology Retrieval System using Metadata of Saemaul Movement Records. Master's Thesis. Department of Archival Science. The Graduate School of Kyungpook National University.
- Lee, Yu Been (2017). A Suggestion of Interface for Ontology-Based Record Retrieval System. Master's Thesis. Department of Records, Archives & Information Science. The Graduated School of Myongji University.
- Lee, Eun Ok (2018). Design and Evaluation of a Facet-based Ontology for Archival Records of Finding Dispersed Families. Master's Thesis. Department of Library and Information Science. The Graduate School of Hansung University.
- Lee, Jung Hee (2007). A Design and Implementation of Ontology-based Retrieval System for the Electronic Records of University. Master's Thesis. Department of Archival Science.
- Cho, Myung Dae (2017). Linked Data. Seoul: CommunicationBooks, Inc.
- Ha, Seung Rok, Yim, Jin Hee, & Rieh, Hae Young (2017). A study on the Procedure for Constructing Linked Open Data of Record Information by Using Open Source Tool. Journal of the Korean society for information management, 34(1), 341-371. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2017.34.1.341 https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2017.34.1.341
- Korean Society of Archives and Records Management (2013). Records & Archives Management: The Science of Evidence & Memory (3rd). Seongnam: The Asian Culture Press.
- Edward Osborne Wilson (2005). 통섭: 지식의 대통합. (최재천, 장대익 역). 서울: 사이언스북스. (원전 발행년 1998).
- Gruber T. (1993). A translation approach to portable ontology specifications. Knowlege Acuquisition, 5(2), 199-220. https://doi.org/10.1006/knac.1993.1008
- Marshall McLuhan (2001). Understanding Media. Ktaylor&Francis LTD.
- Qing Zou, Eun G. Park (2018), Linking historical collections in an event-based ontology. Digital Library Perspectives, 34(4), 262-275. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/DLP-02-2018-0005 https://doi.org/10.1108/DLP-02-2018-0005
- 대영박물관 유튜브 영상. 검색일자: 2019. 10. 1. https://youtu.be/MaAv0SE7wis
- 제주한라대학교 향토자료관 웹사이트. 검색일자: 2019. 10. 1. http://jeju.k-history.kr/
- F. Upward (1996). Structuring the records continuum: part 1 개념도. 검색일자: 2019. 10. 1. https://figshare.com/articles/Structuring_the_records_continuum_-_part_one_postcustodial_principles_and_properties/4037445
- Arthur Koestler (1990). The Ghost in the Machine. Penguin Books.