- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Improving Records Management of Closed Private Universities
폐교 사립대학 기록물 관리 개선 방안에 관한 연구
- Received : 2019.10.21
- Accepted : 2019.10.31
- Published : 2019.11.30
The recent demographic cliff caused the schooling population to steadily decline and the number of college admissions to sharply drop, which led to the prediction of the Ministry of Education wherein 38 universities in Korea will be closed within the next 3 years. As such, the legal, administrative, historical, and informational values of university records shed light on the importance of the follow-up process and management of closed university records. Although closed university records need to be systematically managed according to legal procedures similar to other public records, there is no practical and clear legal standard for the management of such records at present. Moreover, management standards considering the characteristics of (closed) university records and individual universities' situations and specificity have been insufficient. This study, therefore, examines the ambiguous standards for closed university records management and analyzed relevant problems. Furthermore, an integrated management system is suggested as a way to improve the records management of closed universities.
- National Archives of Korea (2005). Abolition Organization Management Manual.
- National Archives of Korea (2012). Abolition Organization Records Management(NAK/S 15: 2012(v1.1)).
- National Archives of Korea (2014a). 2014 Records Management Manual for Government Reorganization.
- National Archives of Korea (2014b). School Records Management Manual(NAK/S 27: 2014(v1.0)).
- National Archives of Korea (2016). University Records Management Manual.
- National Archives of Korea (2019). Government-related Public Institutions and University Records Management.
- Kim, Da-Jeong (2018). A Study on Collection of The Archival Arrangement and Description of Abolished Past History Commission Record. Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Kyunpook National University, Daegu, Korea.
- Kim, Min-kyung, So, Jeong-eui, Kim, You-Kyung, & Oh, Hyo-Jung (2018). A Study on the Analysis and Improvement Plans of Record Management in Closed Private University: Focused on "Seonam University". Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 29(4), 203-225. http://dx.doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2018.29.4.203 https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2018.29.4.203
- Kim, Song-yi & Lee, Young-hak (2017). A Study on the Records Management for Dissolved Agencies. The Korean Journal of Archival Studies, 51, 5-44.
- Kim, Jeong Hee (2008). A Study on Management of Investigative Records of Examination for Past Affairs. Unpublished master's thesis, The Graduate School of Archival Science Myungji University, Seoul, Korea.
- Bo-Hye Min (2010). A Study of How to Manage Records of Closed School, Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Chungnam National University, Daejon, Korea.
- Bae, NA-Kyung (2008). A Study on Method of Records Management for Past History Commission, Unpublished master's thesis, The Graduate School of Hankook University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, Korea.
- Seoul National University Archives (1999). A Study on Archiving at Seoul National University (2nd).
- Woo, Jee-Won & Lee, Young-Hak (2011). A Study on Establishing Measurement of the Record Information Contents In Past History Commission. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 11(1), 67-92.
- Lee, In Joo (2009). A Study on Method of Records practical use for Truth Committee, Unpublished master's thesis, Grauate Schol of Mokpo National University, Mokpo, Korea.
- Lee, Chang Kil (2017). An Exploratory Study of A Governance Network Model for Public Institutions: Focusing on the Inter-organizational Network Perspective. Korean Review of Orgarnizational Studies, 14(3), 1-29. http://dx.doi.org/10.21484/kros.2017.14.3.1 https://doi.org/10.21484/kros.2017.14.3.1
- Lim, Hee Yeon (2008). Efficient Management and use of Records from the Truth Commissions. The Korean Journal of Archival Studies, 17, 47-292.
- Cho, Young-Sun (2009). A Study on the Collecting Policy of Oral History Archives. Unpublished master's thesis, The Graduate School of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies.
- Public Administration Terms Standard Commission (2010). dictionary of public administration terms. Seoul: New Information Media.
- Hwang, Kwang-Sug (2018). A Study on Record Management Method in Temporary Investigation Agencies: Case of Special Investigation Commission on 4/16 Sewol Ferry Disaster. Unpublished master's thesis, Graduate School of Hansin University, Osan, Korea.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION ACT
- HIGHER EDUCATION ACT
- PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS' RECORDS MANAGEMENT ACT
- OFFICIAL INFORMATION DISCLOSURE ACT
- PUBLIC RECORDS MANAGEMENT ACT
- CIVIL ACT
- GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION ACT
- LOCAL AUTONOMY ACT
- ENFORCEMENT DECREE OF THE ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION ACT
- REGULATIONS ON DELEGATION OF ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORITY
- GENERAL RULES REGARDING THE ORGANIZATION AND CAPACITY OF ADMINISTRATIVE AGENCIES
- 강준구 (2009.11.19). "군대 갔다 오니 대학이 사라졌다..." 아시아대 77억 원에 2차 경매. 오갈 데 없는 학생들 '울분의 5년'. 국민일보. 검색일자: 2019. 10. 1. http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0001609333
- 신하영 (2019.6.17). 2년 뒤 70여곳 폐교위기...'벚꽃 피는 순서로' 문닫을라, 이데일리. 검색일자: 2019. 10. 1. https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01210326622522704&mediaCodeNo=257
- 정보공개포털. 검색일자: 2019. 2. 13. https://www.open.go.kr/
- 조정호 (2019.9.25). 지방사립대 구조조정 신호탄?…재정난 동부산대 자진 폐교. 연합뉴스. 검색일자: 2019. 10. 1. https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20190925086400051?input=1195m
- The National Assembly of the Republic of Korea (2016.5). 2015 National Audit Report.
- Korean Educational Development Institute (2009-2018). Educational Statistics, Survey Results Press Release.
- Korean Educational Development Institute (2018). Study on Systematic follow-up Measures of Closed University. Policy Research Report.
- Korea Advancing Schools Foundation (2017.9.21). Follow-up Measures for Closed University Support and Management Program.
- Korea Advancing Schools Foundation (2019). Follow-up support management project of closed university. Business Statement.
- Korea Advancing Schools Foundation. Material of Information Disclosure (2019.3.15).