- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Long-Term Electronic Records Preservation Using Cloud-Based Emulation Strategy
클라우드 컴퓨팅 기반 에뮬레이션 전략을 활용한 전자기록 장기보존 방안 연구
- 이봉환 (대전대학교 전자.정보통신공학과) ;
- 한희정 (전북대학교 문화융복합아카이빙연구소) ;
- 조철용 ((주)이노그리드) ;
- 왕호성 (국가기록원) ;
- 양동민 (전북대학교 기록관리학과, 문화융복합아카이빙연구소)
- Received : 2019.07.29
- Accepted : 2019.11.10
- Published : 2019.11.30
The key to the long-term preservation of electronic records is the long-term retention of the bitstream that contains the original functional attributes and appearances of the electronic records that were originally created and utilized. Considering economic and technical aspects, most of the major domestic and foreign archives have adopted a migration strategy that allows conversion to a new format depending on the stability and reliability of the format containing the original bitstream. However, as the type of electronic records varies and its scope continuously expands, several problems arise if a single migration strategy is observed. Therefore, the applicability of the emulation strategy is examined in this paper to reproduce the system and application environment where electronic records are created and utilized. As such, electronic records can be maintained without any changes in the bitstream by utilizing cloud computing technology.
Supported by : 대전대학교
- Kang, Maeng Soo (2019). Cloud Computing Market Trends and Future Challenges. KDB Monthly, 1(758), 54-71.
- National Archives of Korea (2013). Research and prototype development of electronic records reproduction technology. Daejeon: National Archives of Korea.
- Kim, Ki Jung & Shin, Dong Soo (2018). A Study on the Archives Management System in Cloud Computing. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 18(3), 49-70. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2018.18.3.049 https://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2018.18.3.049
- Kim, Myoung hun, Oh, Myung Jin, Lee, Jae Hong, & Yim, Jin Hee (2013). An Analysis of Cases of Emulation for Long Term Electronic Records Preservation Strategy. The Korean Journal of Archival Studies, (38), 265-309.
- Kim, Ju young & Kim, Soon Hee (2019). A Study on Transferring Electronic Records from Record Production System to Record Management System Using Cloud Storage. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 19(2), 1-24. DOI: http://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2019.19.2.001 https://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2019.19.2.001
- Park, Jong Keun, Choi, Kang Il, Lee, Sang Min, Lee, Jeong Hee, & Lee, Bum Chul (2013). Analysis of OpenStack Cloud Networking Technology. Electronics and telecommunications trends, 28(5), 122-132.
- So, Jeong Eui, Han, Hui Jeong, & Yang, Dong Min (2018). A Comparative Analysis of Long-Term Preservation Policies in Foreign Electronic Records. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 18(4), 125-148. DOI: http://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2018.18.4.125 https://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2018.18.4.125
- Wang, Ho Sung & Seol, Moon Won (2017). A Study on Managing Dataset Records in Government Information Systems. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 17(3), 23-47. DOI: http://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2017.17.3.023 https://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2017.17.3.023
- Lee, Seung Eok & Seol, Moon Won (2017). A Study of Redesigning Electronic Records Management Policies. The Korean Journal of Archival Studies, (52), 5-37.
- Lim, Ji Hoon, Kim, Eun Chong, Bang, Ki Young, Lee, Yu Jin, & Kim, Yong (2014). An Application Method Study on the Electronic Records Management Systems based on Cloud Computing. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 14(3), 153-179. DOI: http://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2014.14.3.153 https://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2014.14.3.153
- Yim, Jin Hee (2013). Electronic Records Management. Seoul: Seon-in.
- Jung, Ye Yong, Shim, Gab Yong, & Kim, Yong (2014). A Study on Design and Application of Central Archives Management System Based on Cloud Computing. Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 25(4), 209-233. DOI: http://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2014.25.4.209 https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2014.25.4.209
- DPT (2006). From digital volatility to digital permanence(=Digital Preservation Testbed. From digital volatility to digital permanence). (Lee, Mi Hwa & Hyun, Moon Soo). Seoul: The Research Institute for Korean Archives and Records.
- OLIVE (2019). Retrieved October 19, 2019, from https://olivearchive.org/
- bwFLA (2019). Retrieved October 19, 2019, from http://eaas.uni-freiburg.de/