- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Actual Wearing State of Aged Pregnant Women for the Development of Electromagnetic Waves Shielding Maternity Wear
전자파 차폐 임부복 개발을 위한 고령 산모의 임부복 착용 실태조사
- Kim, Young-im (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Jeong-Ran (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles/Research Institute of Ecology, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2019.03.27
- Accepted : 2019.08.30
- Published : 2019.10.30
This study conducted basic studies to develop electromagnetic wave shielding maternity wear. We investigated electromagnetic wave shielding fabrics and products as well as surveyed actual wearing states for pregnant women aged 35 to 44 and women who gave birth within the past one year. Available electromagnetic wave blocking products for pregnant women were blankets, aprons, maternity belts, and underwear. These only cover the abdomen and it was hard to find out electromagnetic waves shielding maternity wear, which can enhance functionality and complement the body shapes of pregnant women. The aged mother responded pregnancy delay was mostly attributable to late marriage, career, financial difficulty and health problems. Major health threats to babies were high stress levels during pregnancy, followed by electromagnetic waves from electronic devices. They prioritized physical activity, design, functionality and safety when wearing maternity wear. When purchasing maternity wear, they emphasized design, price, materials and size. The most preferred clothing was one-piece dress; consequently, only 11.1% of them were satisfied with the quality of maternity wear with complaints mostly about design and price. A total of 63% of respondents tried to protect themselves from electromagnetic waves. Most aged mothers showed a positive intention on purchasing electromagnetic waves blocking maternity wear for babies with concerns dealing with safety of materials, prices, ease of laundry, and body complementing design.
- 'Electromagnetic waves blocking products for pregnant women'. (2017). Retrieved February 10, 2017, from http://www.bellyarmor.co.kr/index.html
- Samsung. (2015). Encyclopedia of pregnancy and birth care. Seoul: Author.
- 'Fabrics that block electromagnetic waves'. (2017). Retrieved February 01, 2017, from http://www.jeonjapa.com/html/notice.html?date=20140225080100&db=ksm
- Han, M. K. (2013). A study on satisfaction of maternity clothing according to female consumers' characteristics. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongduk University, Seoul.
- Heo, H., Hwang, J. Y., Kim, D. K., Lee, H. J., Shim, J. C., & Yang, H. S. (2004). A clinical study of pregnancy and delivery in pregnant women 35 years and older. Obstetrics & Gynecology Science, 47(3), 458-463.
- 'Hours of smart phone use'. (2016, July 10). Retrieved July 26, 2016, from https://www.hankyung.com/it/article/2016072657931
- Kang, H. M. (2008). The developing design of the maternity dress by the alteration of the form and the preference. Unpublished master's thesis, Kookmin University, Seoul.
- Kim, D. S., Kim, Y. R., & Cha, K. W. (2005). Manufacturing methods of clothes that blocking electromagnetic waves, Korea Patent No.10-2005-0005147. Daejeon: Korean Intellectual Property Office.
- Kim, M. H., & Choi, S. Y. (2014). The comparative study for pregnancy stress, anxiety and birth outcomes of pregnant women under 35 years old and over 35 years old. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 16(4), 2177-2190.
- Kim, W. R., & Rim, H. O. (2010). Clothing that block electromagnetic waves, Korea Patent No.10-2010-0122985. Daejeon: Korean Intellectual Property Office.
- Lee, E. H., & Cho, J. S. (2005). A development of outer wear for breast-feeding mothers. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(4), 595-606.
- Lee, J. K. (2000). Electromagnetic waves blocking shirts, Korea Utility Model Patent No.20-0189077. Daejeon: Korean Intellectual Property Office.
- Lee, S. O., Park, K. Y., & Han, M. J. (2015). Comparing nutrition knowledge, eating habits, and neonatal health status of primipara for pregnant women of advanced maternal age compared to those of younger ages. Korean Society of Women Health Nursing, 21(4), 253-261. doi:10.4069/kjwhn.2015.21.4.253 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2015.21.4.253
- Moon, J. Y., Han, W. H., Shim, K. S., Jang, J. Y., & Bae, J. W. (2011). Changes of maternal age distribution in live births and incidence of low birth weight infants in advanced maternal age group in Korea. Korean Journal of Perinatology, 22(1), 30-36.
- Oh, H. K. (2016). Survey of maternity wear purchasing status in pregnant women. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 18(4), 489-497. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.4.489 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.4.489
- Park, Y. H. (2003). A study on the realties of purchasing and the degree of satisfaction of maternity dress on the market. Journal of Fashion Business, 7(4), 67-77.
- Shim, E. J., & Kim, S. R. (2006). A study on the design development of maternity wear combined with nursing. Journal of Fashion Business, 10(2), 147-165.
- Song, M. K., & Park, S. J. (1998). Functional clothing. Seoul: Soohaksa.
- Statistics Korea. (2017). 2017 Birth statistics. Statistics Korea. Retrieved August 22, 2017, from http://kostat.go.kr/assist/synap/preview/skin/doc.html?fn=synapview369566_3&rs=/assist/synap/preview
- Yi, R. R. (2017, May 12). Frequent smart phone use. The Korea Economic Daily. Retrieved November 10, 2018, from https://kizmom.hankyung.com/news/view.html?aid=201705124200o
- Yu, S. T. (2001). Apron that blocks harmful electromagnetic waves, Korea Utility Model Patent No.20-0248670. Daejeon: Korean Intellectual Property Office.