- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Garment Appearance and Formability of Perspiration Absorption and Fast Dry/breathable Fabrics for Sports Wear
스포츠 웨어용 흡한속건 및 투습방수 소재의 의류외관 특성과 형성성능
- Kim, Hyun Ah (Korea Research Institute for Fashion Industry)
- 김현아 (한국패션산업연구원 연구개발본부)
- Received : 2019.04.11
- Accepted : 2019.06.07
- Published : 2019.10.30
This paper examined the garment formability and appearance of perspiration absorption, fast dry, and breathable fabrics. The mechanical properties and seam pucker properties of these fabrics were measured and regression analysis was conducted between fabric structural parameters and their mechanical and seam pucker properties. The superior total appearance value (TAV) of fast dry knitted fabrics for sports-wear was achieved in fabrics with high extensibility and bending rigidity; consequently, it increased with increasing stitch density and tightness factor. The formability of the fast dry knitted fabric also improved with an increasing stitch density and tightness factor. The seam pucker was influenced by bending rigidity and a good seam pucker was exhibited in the fast dry knitted fabrics with low stitch density and tightness factor. However, the formability (F) of the breathable fabric improved by increasing extensibility and bending rigidity that decreased with an increasing cover factor and the thickness of the breathable fabric. In addition, seam pucker deteriorated with an increasing cover factor and the thickness of the breathable fabric, which was similar to the results of the formability predicted in fabric mechanical properties. A superior seam pucker was achieved in fabrics with high extensibility and low bending rigidity.
- Aoyama, K., & Shimazaki, K. (2007). A study on the prevention of seam slippage between two-ply fabrics using a drop feed and variable top feed sewing machine-influence of feed condition and fabric property on the slippage. Journal of the Japan Research Association for Textile end Uses, 48(8), 543-552. doi:10.11419/senshoshi1960.48.543
- Au K. F. (2011). Advances in knitting technology (1st ed.). Cambridge: Woodhead.
- Ayca, G. (2008). Investigation of the seam performance of PET/nylon- elastane woven fabrics. Textile Research Journal, 78(1), 21-27. doi:10.1177/0040517507082636 https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517507082636
- Gersak, J. (2003). Investigations of the impact of fabric mechanical properties on garment appearance. Tekstil, 52(8), 368-379.
- Kim, H. A., & Kim, S. J. (2018). Effect of wet and dry thermal setting conditions of stretch fabric to fabric mechanical property and garment formability. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 20(1), 83-92. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.1.83 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.1.83
- Kim, S. J., & Kim, H. A. (2010). Data base system on the fabric structural design and mechanical property of woven fabric. Woven Fabric Engineering. Rijeka, Croatia : SCIYO, 169-194.
- Komatsu, K., & Masako, N. (1978). Studies on the prediction of makin-up properties of garments - The prediction of making-up properties of men's suit fabrics for summer. Journal of the Textile Machinery Society of Japan, 31(11), 158-165. doi:10.4188/transjtmsj.31.11_T158
- Kyohei, T., Toyonori, N., Hiroyuki, K., Satoshi, A., Junki, K., & Kiyohiro, S. (2015). Influence of physical properties of wool fabrics on the poor appearance of jacket. Journal of Textile Engineering, 61(2), 17-21. doi:10.4188/jte.61.17 https://doi.org/10.4188/jte.61.17
- Lindberg, J., Behre, B., & Dahlberg, B. (1961). Part III: Shearing and buckling of various commercial fabrics. Textile Research Journal, 31(2), 99-122. doi:10.1177/004051756103100203 https://doi.org/10.1177/004051756103100203
- Ly, N. G., Tester, D. H., Buckenham, P., Roczniok, A. F., Adriaansen, A. L., Scaysbrook, F., & De, J. S. (1991). Simple instruments for quality control by finishers and tailors. Textile Research Journal, 61(7), 402-406 doi:10.1177/004051759106100707 https://doi.org/10.1177/004051759106100707
- Morooka, H., & Niwa, M. (1978). Physical properties of fabrics relating to making-up and good appearance. Journal of the Textile Machinery Society of Japan, 24(4), 105-114. doi:10.4188/jte1955.24.105 https://doi.org/10.4188/jte1955.24.105
- Nitta, M. (1980). Relation between the tailoring and fabric mechanical property-From the view of a tailoring expert. Journal of the Textile Machinery Society of Japan, 33(2), 152-155. doi:10.4188/transjtmsj.33.2_P152 https://doi.org/10.4188/transjtmsj.33.2_P152
- Niwa, M., Yamada, T., & Kawabata, S. (1981). Prediction of the appearance of men's suit from fabric mechanical properties and fabric hand-Part 3 : Analysis of men's winter suit using fabric mechanical properties and hand values. Journal of the Textile Machinery Society of Japan, 34(7), 135-148. doi:10.4188/transjtmsj. 34.7_T135 https://doi.org/10.4188/transjtmsj.34.7_T135
- Niwa, M., Yamada, T., & Kawabata, S. (1981). Prediction of the appearance of men's suit from fabric mechanical properties and fabric hand-Part 2 : Analysis of men's summer suit using fabric hand values-. Journal of the Textile Machinery Society of Japan, 34(4), 76-85. doi:10.4188/transjtmsj.34.4_T76 https://doi.org/10.4188/transjtmsj.34.4_T76
- Niwa, M., Inoue, M., & Kawabata, S. (2001). Objective evaluation of the handle of blankets. Textile Research Journal, 71(8), 701-710. doi:10.1177/004051750107100809 https://doi.org/10.1177/004051750107100809
- Pavlinic, D. Z., Gersak, J., & Bratko, I. (2006). Predicting seam appearance quality. Textile Research Journal, 76(3), 235-242. doi:10.1177/0040517506061533 https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517506061533
- Shishoo, R. L. (1989). Fabric properties and making up processes. Textile Asia, 20(2), 66-73.
- Takahashi, K., Nishimatsu, T., Kanai, H., Asada, S., Kishimoto, J., & Shivata, K. (2015). Influence of physical properties of wool fabrics on the poor appearance of jacket. Journal of Textile Engineering, 61(2), 17-21. doi:10.4188/jte.61.17 https://doi.org/10.4188/jte.61.17
- Yamada, Y., Mori, M., & Niwa, M. (1995). A study on seam puckering(Part 2): Prediction of seam puckering of ladies' thin dress fabrics based on mechanical properties. Journal of the Japan Research Association for Textile End-Uses, 36(2), 240-248. doi: 10.11419/senshoshi1960.36.240