- Volume 28 Issue 5
The purpose of this study is to establish the relationship between Durand's architectural theory which provided reasonable architectural logic in the early 19th century, and architectural logic of the Modern Movement of Architecture led by avant-garde architects in the 1920's. The system of thought in architecture proposed by Durand which clarified a architectural design method(composition) is very similar to the one of the International Style(Book), which summarizes commonalities in the flow of modern architecture. This approach has something in common from the perspective of the systems of thought, despite differences in external forms and time gaps. Therefore, this study intends to examine the systems of thought in three ways. It is to examine how the two systems of thought define architecture, what is the logic of building production, and finally the value of architecture (including aesthetic values) while eliminating classical aesthetics.
Supported by : 경남대학교
- 미셸 푸코 저, 이정우 역, 담론의 질서, 서강대학교출판부, 1998,
- 미셸 푸코 저, 이규현 역, 말과 사물, 민음사, 2012
- 미셸 푸코 저, 이정우 역, 지식의 고고학, 민음사, 2000
- 배형민, 포트폴리와 다이어그램, 동녘, 2013
- 최원준, 건축제도덕 관점에서 분석한 뉴욕현대미술관의 "현대건축: 국제전시회"(1932)-미국근대 보자르체제의 제도적 기획과의 비교, 대한건축학회 논문집, 계획계, 제23권, 제7호, 2007
- 알렉산더 초니스 & 리안 르페브르 저, 조희철 역, 고전건축의 시학, 동녘, 2007
- 이상헌, 철건축과 근대건축이론의 발전, 발언, 2002
- Alberto Perez-Gomez, Architecture and the crisis of modern architecture, The MIT Press, 1996(1983)
- Antoine Picon, French Architects and Engineers in the Age of Enlightenment, Cambridge University Press, 1992
- Etienne-Louis Boullee, Architecture. Essai sur l'art, Hermanm, 1968
- Henry-Russell Hitchcock & Philip Johnson, The international style: Architecture since 1922, W. W. Norton & Company, 1999(1932)
- Jacques Francois Blondel, Cours d'architecture ou Traite de la Decoration, Distribution & Construction des batiments, tome premiere, Paris, 1771.
- Jacques-Francois Blondel, De la distribution des maisons de plaisance et de la decoration des edifices en general I et II, Chez Charles-Antoine, 1937-8.
- Jacques Lucan, Composition, non-composition, Press polytechnique et universitaire romandes, 2009
- Jean-Nicolas-Louis Durand, Precis des lecons d'architecture donnees a l'Ecole polytechnique, Paris, an XI (1802)-an XIII(1805)
- Judith Revel, Le vocabulaire de Foucault, Ellipses Marketing, 2009
- Macarena de la Vega de Leon, Reconsidering Emil Kaufmann's Von Ledoux bis Le Corbusier", Cuaderno de Notas, No.15, 2014.
- Panayotis Tournikiotis, The Historiography of Modern Architecture, The MIT Press, 1999