- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Determinants of Quality of Life, Depending on the Presence or Absence of Asthma in Adults, Based on the 6th Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
제6기 국민건강영양조사 자료에 기초한 성인의 천식 유무에 따른 삶의 질 영향요인
- Received : 2019.05.24
- Accepted : 2019.09.24
- Published : 2019.09.30
Objectives: This study examined the determinants of quality of life, depending on the presence or absence of asthma in adults, based on secondary wave data. Methods: Among the 21,724 people participating in the 6th Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey as it was conducted from the first to third period, 495 participants who were aged 19 or older and responded to the question of the presence or absence of asthma were included in the final analysis. Demographic characteristics were examined using the SPSS/WIN 23.0 software tool for analysis of complex sample survey data. Health-related characteristics were presented using descriptive and multivariate analysis of data. Rao_Scott
- R.H. Dougherty, J.V. Fahy(2009), Acute exacerbations of asthma: epidemiology, biology and the exacerbation-prone phenotype. Clinical & Experimental Allergy, Vol.39(2);193-202. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2222.2008.03157.x
- T. To, S. Stanojevic, G. Moores, A.S. Gershon, E.D. Bateman, A.A. Cruz, L.P. Boulet(2012), Global asthma prevalence in adults: findings from the cross-sectional world health survey. BMC Public Health, Vol.12(204);1471-2458.
- G. Okano, H. Miyake, M. Mori(2003), Leisure time physical activity as a determinant of self-perceived health and fitness in middle-aged male employees. Journal of Occupational Health, Vol.45(5);286-292. https://doi.org/10.1539/joh.45.286
- A. Yilmaz, B.E. Cumurcu, I. Etikan, E. Hasbeck, S. Doruk(2014), The effect of personality disorder on asthma severity and quality of life. Iran Journal Allergy Asthma Immunology, Vol.13(1);47-54.
- J.F. Sallis, N. Owen, E. Fisher(2015), Ecological models of health behavior. Health behavior: Theory, research, and practice, Jossey-Bass, pp. 43-64.
- T.E. Group(1990), EuroQol-a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life. Health Policy, Vol.16(3);199-208. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-8510(90)90421-9
- K.F. Rabe, S. Hurd, A. Anzueto,, P.J. Barnes, S.A. Buist, P. Calverley, J. Zielinski(2007), Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: GOLD executive summary, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Vol.176(6);532-555. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200703-456SO
- G.J. Kang, M.H. Kim, S.K. Hwang(2008), Self-Care, Symptom Experience, and Health-Related Quality of Life by COPD Severity, Korean Society of Adult Nursing, Vol.20(1);163-175.
- C. Apfelbacher, P. Paudyal, A. Bülbül, H. Smith(2014), Measurement properties of asthma-specific quality-of-life measures: protocol for a systematic review, Systematic Reviews, Vol.3;83-89. https://doi.org/10.1186/2046-4053-3-83
- K.W. Wyrwich, W.M. Tierney, A.N. Babu, K. Kroenke, F.D. Wolinsky(2005), A comparison of clinically important differences in health-related quality of life for patients with chronic lung disease, asthma, or heart disease, Health Services Research, Vol.40(2);577-592. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-6773.2005.0l374.x
- G.W. Wendel-Vos, A.J. Schuit, M.A.R. Tijhuis, D. Kromhout(2004), Leisure time physical activity and health-related quality of life: cross-sectional and longitudinal associations, Quality of Life Research, Vol.13(3);667-677. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:QURE.0000021313.51397.33
- J.E. Hartman, H.M. Boezen, M.H. De Greef, L. Bossenbroek, N.H. Ten Hacken(2010), Consequences of physical inactivity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Expert Review of Respiratory Medicine, Vol.4(6);735-745. https://doi.org/10.1586/ers.10.76
- K. Abu-Omar, A. Rutten(2008), Relation of leisure time, occupational, domestic, and commuting physical activity to health indicators in Europe, Preventive Medicine, Vol.47(3);319-323. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2008.03.012
- D.L. Riddle, L. Dumenci(2013), Self-rated health and symptomatic knee osteoarthritis over three years: Data from a multicenter observational cohort study, Arthritis care & research, Vol.65(2);169-176. https://doi.org/10.1002/acr.21661
- N. Hoeymans, E.J.M. Feskens, D. Kromhout, G.A.M. Van Den Bos(1997), Ageing and the relationship between functional status and self-rated health in elderly men, Social Science & Medicine, Vol.45(10);1527-1536. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0277-9536(97)00089-0
- W.J. Kim, H.S. Bae, B.K. Choi, J.M. Hwang, K.H. Shin, M.H. Kim, K. Lee, K.U. Kim, D.S. Jeon, H.K. Park, Y.S. Kim, M.K. Lee, S.K. Park(2010), Depressive conditions in relation to asthma severity and control, Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Vol.69(4);265-270. https://doi.org/10.4046/trd.2010.69.4.265
- M.N. Kim, W.K. Lee, J.Y. Park(2013), The ecological analysis of asthmatic occurrence in patients: using the national health insurance data, Journal of the Korean Data and Information Science Society, Vol.24(4);679-688. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2013.24.4.679
- Y.H, Kim, Y.J. Jee(2017), Factor Affecting the Quality of life of Asthmatic Patients; Based on the 2015 Community Health Survey, Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol.7(3);639-647.
- U.C. Kim, C.S. Hong, J.G. Lee, Y.S. Park(2005), Factors influencing health and quality of life among allergy and asthma patients: With specific focus on self-efficacy, social support and health management, Korean Journal of Psychological and Social, Vol.11(11);143-181.
- E.S. Yim, K.J. Lee(2003), Effect of physical ability, depression and social support on quality of life in low income elders living at home, Journal Korean Gerontological Nursing, Vol.5(1);38-49.
- C.Y. Kim, H.W. Park, S.K. Ko, S.I. Chang, H.B. Moon, Y.Y. Kim, S.H. Cho(2011), The financial burden of asthma: a nationwide comprehensive survey conducted in the republic of Korea. Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Research, Vol.3(1);34-38. https://doi.org/10.4168/aair.2011.3.1.34
- H.J. Lee, Y.J. Lim, H.Y. Jung, H.K. Park(2011), Sleep Disturbance, Physical Activity and Health Related Quality of Life in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol.31(3);607-621.
- I. Demmelmaier, P. Asenlof, P. Bergman, B. Nordgren, C.H. Opava(2017), Pain rather than self-reported sedentary time explains variation in perceived health and activity limitation in persons with rheumatoid arthritis: A cross sectional study in Sweden, Rheumatology International, Vol.37(6);923-930. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-016-3641-x
- N.M. Van Schoor, S. Zambon, M.V. Castell, C. Cooper, M. Denkinger, E.M. Dennison, N.L. Pedersen(2016), Impact of clinical osteoarthritis of the hip, knee and hand on self-rated health in six European countries: the European Project on OSteoArthritis, Quality of Life Research, Vol.25(6);1423-1432. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-015-1171-8
- C.W. Kim, H.W. Chung, J.I. Shin, S.W. Bae, S.Y. Cho, C.S. Hong(2002), Generic health-related quality of life in patients with bronchial asthma, Journal of Asthma, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Vol.22(3);558-566.