- Volume 25 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Correlations among Perceptions and Practice of Taegyo and Maternal-Fetal Attachment in Pregnant Women
일 지역 임부의 태교인식, 태교실천 및 모-태아애착 간의 상관관계
- Jang, Sang-Youn (College of Nursing, Seoul National University) ;
- Bang, Kyung-Sook (College of Nursing.Research Institute of Nursing Science, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2019.02.24
- Accepted : 2019.03.19
- Published : 2019.10.31
Purpose: This study was conducted to examine the relationships among the perceptions and practice of taegyo (a traditional set of practices and beliefs related to healthy fetal development) and maternal-fetal attachment in pregnant women. Methods: The participants were 136 pregnant women who visited a public health center or maternity hospital for prenatal care. The collected data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, the t-test, analysis of varience, and Pearson correlation coefficients with SPSS version 22.0. Results: The mean age of the pregnant women was
- Don BP, Chong A, Biehle SN, Gordon A, Mickelson KD. Anxiety across the transition to parenthood: Change trajectories among low-risk parents. Anxiety, Stress, and Coping. 2014;27(6):633-649. https://doi.org/10.1080/10615806.2014.903473 https://doi.org/10.1080/10615806.2014.903473
- Hall WA, Hauck YL, Carty EM, Hutton EK, Fenwick J, Stoll K. Childbirth fear, anxiety, fatigue, and sleep deprivation in pregnant women. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing. 2009;38(5):567-576. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1552-6909.2009.01054.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1552-6909.2009.01054.x
- Okun ML, Hanusa BH, Hall M, Wisner KL. Sleep complaints in late pregnancy and the recurrence of postpartum depression. Behavioral Sleep Medicine. 2009;7(2):106-117. https://doi.org/10.1080/15402000902762394 https://doi.org/10.1080/15402000902762394
- Kim HW, Jung YY. Effects of antenatal depression and antenatal characteristics of pregnant women on birth outcomes: A prospective cohort study. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2012;42(4):477-485. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.4.477 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.4.477
- Liou SR, Wang P, Cheng CY. Effects of prenatal maternal mental distress on birth outcomes. Women and Birth. 2016;29(4):376-380. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2016.03.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2016.03.004
- Kwon MK, Bang KS. Relationship of prenatal stress and depression to maternal-fetal attachment and fetal growth. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2011;41(2):276-283. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.2.276 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.2.276
- Lee J. Perception of prenatal education among single and married men and women [master's thesis]. Gongju: Kongju National University; 2015. p. 1-132.
- Shin YB, Koh HJ. A study on recognition and practice of taekyo by pregnant women. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2000;6(1):142-152.
- Kang S, Chung M. A study on the practice of Taegyo of the pregnant women and their husbands. Early Childhood Education and Care. 2013;8(1):163-186. https://doi.org/10.16978/ecec.2013.8.1.007 https://doi.org/10.16978/ecec.2013.8.1.007
- Sung MH, Joo KS. Relationships among marital satisfaction, spousal support and practice of taekyo in pregnant women. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2011;17(1):31-38. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.1.31 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.1.31
- Chang SB, Park YJ, Choi YS, Chung CW. Factors of the 'taegyo' of Korean pregnant women: Self care of pregnant women based on oriental folk behavior. The Journal of Nurses Academic Society. 1996;26(2):345-358. https://doi.org/10.4040/jnas.19188.8.131.525 https://doi.org/10.4040/jnas.19184.108.40.2065
- Park SH, Shin WS, Yeon PS, Hong CW, Lee HY, Yeo EH, et al. A study on the emotional stability and well-being of the pregnant women by the forest prenatal program for couples. The Journal of Korean Institute of Forest Recreation. 2017;21(4):45-53. https://doi.org/10.34272/forest.2017.21.4.005 https://doi.org/10.34272/forest.2017.21.4.005
- Park JG, Nam SW. The effect of prenatal exercise programs on the fetal attachment of pregnant women. The Korea Journal of Sport. 2016;14(4):57-65.
- Woo I, Chun S. The effects of prenatal care group art therapy programs on maternal identity and maternal-fetal attachment. Korean Journal of Art Therapy. 2016;23(4):985-1007. https://doi.org/10.35594/kata.2016.23.4.004
- Cranley MS. Development of a tool for the measurement of maternal attachment during pregnancy. Nursing Research. 1981;30(5):281-284.
- Yu M, Kim M. The contribution of maternal-fetal attachment: Taegyo, maternal fatigue and social support during pregnancy. Child Health Nursing Research. 2014;20(4):247-254. https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2014.20.4.247 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2014.20.4.247
- Statistics Korea. Birth statistics for 2017 [Internet]. Daejeon: Statistics Korea; 2018 [cited by 2018 August 26] Available from: http://www.index.go.kr/com/cmm/fms/FileDown.do?apnd_file_id=1428&apnd_file_seq=19.
- Ahn KJ. A study of related factors and practise of taekyo on pregnant women's. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. 2001;5:175-183.
- Mun HS, Choi ES. A study on the cognition and practice of the delivered woman and her husband for the fetal education. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2002;8(4):583-594. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2002.8.4.583 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2002.8.4.583
- Yang KM, Kim SL. Effects of a taegyo program on parent-fetal attachment and parenthood in first pregnancy couples. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2010;40(4):571-579. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.4.571 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.4.571
- Faul F, Erdfelder E, Lang AG, Buchner A. G*Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research Methods. 2007;39(2):175-191. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146 https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- Lee GY. A study on the taegyo of married women [master's thesis]. Seoul: Sungshin Women's University; 1993. p. 1-59.
- Shin YB. A study on recognition and practice of taekyo by pregnant women [master's thesis]. Daegu: Keimyung University; 2000. p. 1-61.
- Choi YS, Kim HO. A survey on the practice taekyo among childbearing couples. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 1995;1(2):174-199.
- Lee KS, Kim JH, Hong SJ, Jang HY, Shin YJ, Kim MS. The validation study of maternal fetal attachment scale. The Korean Journal of Developmental Psychology. 2013;26(4):81-91.
- Ryoo J, Kook J. The modern scientific meaning of traditional antenatal education. Journal of Sogang University. 2000;19:87-103.
- Lee I, Bang KS, Yi Y, Kim S, Kim D, Jang SY, et al. Concept analysis of forest taegyo. The Journal of Korean Institute of Forest Recreation. 2018;22(3):31-46. https://doi.org/10.34272/forest.2018.22.3.004 https://doi.org/10.34272/forest.2018.22.3.004
- Wee H, Park SY. The relationships between anxiety, depression, prenatal stress, maternal-fetal attachment and gratitude. Journal of the Korean Society of Maternal and Child Health. 2012;16(2):274-286. https://doi.org/10.21896/jksmch.2012.16.2.274 https://doi.org/10.21896/jksmch.2012.16.2.274