- Volume 28 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Pollution Levels in the Jangsungcheon Watershed Using Load Duration Curves and Analysis of the Causes
- Cho, Sohyun (Yeongsan River Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Bak, Jonghun (Yeongsan River Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Lee, Yeong Jae (Yeongsan River Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Kim, Kyunghyun (Yeongsan River Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Jung, Kang Young (Yeongsan River Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research)
- Received : 2019.10.02
- Accepted : 2019.10.29
- Published : 2019.10.31
In this study, a load duration curve was applied to the Jangseongcheon, one of the tributaries of the Yeongsan River, to assess whether the target water quality was achieved. In addition, pollution of the water body was investigated to develop and suggest the optimal management time with respect to polluted flow sections and monthly conditions. The average flow rates of sections JS1 and JS2 were
Supported by : National Institute of Environment Research (NIER)
- Beak, K. O., Yim, D. H., 2012, Extension techniques of 8 day interval recorded Stream-flow data to daily one, Korea Water Resources Association, 45(1), 91-99. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2012.45.1.91
- Cho, S. H., Kim, Y. S., Kim, H. S., Joo, S. M., Ha, D. W., Kim, Y. S., Kang, T. G., 2018, Assessment of exceeded frequency and load for tributary River in Gomakwoncheon watershed by using load duration curve, J. Korean Soc. Water Science and Technology, 26(1), 3-13.
- Cheong, E. J., Kim, H. T., Kim, Y. S., Shin, D. S., 2016, Application of the Load Duration Curve (LDC) to evaluate the rate of achievement of target water quality in the Youngsan.Tamjin River Watersheds, J. Korean Soc. Water Enviro., 32(4), 349-356. https://doi.org/10.15681/KSWE.2016.32.4.349
- Chung, S. O., Park, K. J., 2004, Irrigation return flow measurements and analysis in a small size paddy Area, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 37(7), 517-523. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2004.37.7.517
- Chung, S. O., Son, S. H., 2001, Return flow analysis of paddy field by water balance method, Journal of Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers, 43(2), 59-68.
- Han, S. H., Kim, Y. Y., Sung, Y. G., Park, I. B., Cho, D. H., Nam, W. K., Kim, C. G., Oh, J, K., 2015, Characteristics of organics and ammonia nitrogen discharged by pollution source from human living, J. Korean Soc. Water Enviro., 31(4), 377-386. https://doi.org/10.15681/KSWE.2015.31.4.377
- Hwang, H. S., Lee, S. J., Ryu, J. C., Park, J. H., Kim, Y. S., Ahn, K. H., 2016, A Study on selection method of management watershed for total pollution load control at tributary, Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, 32(6), 528-536. https://doi.org/10.15681/KSWE.2016.32.6.528
- Hwang, H. S., Park, B. K., Kim, Y. S., Park, K. J., Cheon, S. U., Lee, S. J., 2011, Research on the applicability of the load duration curve to evaluate the achievement of target water quality in the unit watershed for a TMDL, Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, 27(6), 885-895.
- Jung, J. W., Lim, B, J., Cho, S. H., Choi, J. H., Song, K. D., Ha, D. W., Kim, H. S., Park, S. H., Hwang, T. H., Jung, S. J., Lee, D. J., Kim, K. S., 2012, The influence of land use on water quality in the tributary of the Yeongsan River basin, Journal of Korea Society of Limnology, 45(4), 412-419. https://doi.org/10.11614/KSL.2012.45.4.412
- Jung, K. Y., Ahn, J. M., Lee, K. L., Lee, I. J., Yu, J. J., Cheon, S. U., Kim, K. S., Han, K. Y., 2015, Temporal and spatial analysis of Non-biodegradable organic pollutant in the Geumho River system, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 24(11), 1343-1362. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.11.1343
- Jung, K. Y., 2018, Statistical analysis of water quality improvement grade classification and water environmental pollution assessment, Ph. D. Dissertation, Kyungpook National University.
- Kim, Y. J., Cal, B. S., Park, J. B., Kim, S. H., Im, Y. H., 2018, Classification of Nakdong River tributaries under priority management based on their characteristics and water quality index, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 40(2), 73-81. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2018.40.2.73
- Kim, J. S., Kim. S. J., Oh, K. Y., Kim, J. S., Jeong, Y. H., 2003, Outflow loads of total nitrogen, Total phosphorus, and COD in mountain Stream water, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 36(5), 787-797. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2003.36.5.787
- Lee, S. R., Shin, J. Y., Lee, G. J., Sung, Y. S., Kim, K. S., Lim. K. J., Kim, J. G., 2018, Analysis of water pollutant load characteristics and its contributions during dry season: Focusing on major streams inflow into South-Han River of Chungju-dam downstream, Journal of Korean Society Environ -mental Engineers, 40(6), 247-257. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2018.40.6.247
- National Institute of Environmental Research, 2010, Water pollution process test method, Ministry of Environment.
- Office of Wetlands, Oceans and Watersheds, 2007, An Approach for using load duration curves in the development of TMDLs, 841-B-07-006, USEPA, Washington, U.S.A.
- Park, S. H., Moon, E. H., Choi, J. H., Cho, B. W., Kim, H. S., Jeong, W. H., Yi, S. J., Kim, Y. I., 2011, Analysis of distribution characteristics of flowrate and water quality in tributary at Chungcheongnam-do, Journal of Korean society of environmental engineers, 33(1), 739-747. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2011.33.10.739
- Shin, Y. K., 2004, Comparison of water quality between forested and agricultural subcatchments in Daegwallyong Area, Journal of the Korean Geographic Society, 39(4), 544-561.
- Water Environment Information System (WEIS), 2015, http://water.nier.go.kr.
- Water Emission Management System (WEMS), 2015, http://wems.nier.go.kr.