- Volume 9 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Remote Fault Detection in Conveyor System Using Drone Based on Audio FFT Analysis
드론을 활용하고 음성 FFT분석에 기반을 둔 컨베이어 시스템의 원격 고장 검출
- Yeom, Dong-Joo (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Semyung University) ;
- Lee, Bo-Hee (Department of Electrical Engineering, Semyung University)
- Received : 2019.09.10
- Accepted : 2019.10.20
- Published : 2019.10.28
This paper proposes a method for detecting faults in conveyor systems used for transportation of raw materials needed in the thermal power plant and cement industries. A small drone was designed in consideration of the difficulty in accessing the industrial site and the need to use it in wide industrial site. In order to apply the system to the embedded microprocessor, hardware and algorithms considering limited memory and execution time have been proposed. At this time, the failure determination method measures the peak frequency through the measurement, detects the continuity of the high frequency, and performs the failure diagnosis with the high frequency components of noise. The proposed system consists of experimental environment based on the data obtained from the actual thermal power plant, and it is confirmed that the proposed system is useful by conducting virtual environment experiments with the drone designed system. In the future, further research is needed to improve the drone's flight stability and to improve discrimination performance by using more intelligent methods of fault frequency.
Supported by : Semyung University
- S. Paramanik, P. S. Sarkar, K. K. Mondol, A. Chakraborty, S. Chakraborty & K. Sarker. (2019). Survey of Smart Grid Network Using Drone & PTZ Camera. Devices for Integrated Circuit (DevIC). DOI : 10.1109/DEVIC.2019.8783610 https://doi.org/10.1109/DEVIC.2019.8783610
- Y. S. Cho, H. M. Lim, S. G. Choi & S. H. Jung. (2014). High Resolution Spatial Information Acquisition using UAV Photogrammetry. Korean Review of Crisis & Emergency Management, 10(2), 273-287.
- H. G. Park. (2014). Reservoir Disaster Monitoring using Unmanned Aerial Photogrammetry. Journal of the Korean Society for Geospatial Information System. 22(4), 143-149. https://doi.org/10.7319/kogsis.2014.22.4.143
- G. D. Hong. (2017). Topographic Survey at Small-scale Open-pit Mines using a Popular Rotary-wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Drone). Tunnel & Underground Space. 25(5), 462-469. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2015.25.5.462
- H. G. Kim & Y. H. KIM. (2019). Design of Water Surface Hovering Drone for Underwater Stereo Photography. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 9(6), 7-12. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2019.9.6.007
- M. Degner & H. Ewald. (2018). Mobile gas sensing system for detection of combustion pollutants -suitable for drone based measurements. Twelfth International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST), 9(6), 7-12.
- M. Lorgulescu, M. Alexandru & R. Beloui. (2012). Noise and vibration monitoring for diagnosis of DC motor's faults. 2012 13th International Conference on Optimization of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (OPTIM).
- H. G. Kim & Y. H. KIM. (2013). Fault Diagnosis of the Surface Mounted Permanent Magnet Motor using Sound and Vibration. Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering(KSNVE), 559-563.
- Y. C. Na, B. N. Hee, J. S. Lee & S. K. Hong. (2014). A study of motor fault diagnostics using measured vibration and noise data Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Summer Conference(KIEE), 1394-1395.
- S. K. Kang, Y. J. Park & K. Y. Chung (2012). Real-Time Landmark Detection using Fast Fourier Transform in Surveillance. The Journal of digital policy & management. DOI : 10.1109/ICSensT.2018.8603635 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICSensT.2018.8603635
- Y. J. Kim, H. H. Kim & H. S. Lee. (2019). Design of a Radix-8/4/2 variable FFT processor for OFDM systems. Journal of digital policy & management, 11(2), 287-297.
- L. Wenqiu & C. Peng. (2013). GHz wideband real-time FFT algorithm based on FPGA. International Conference on Information and Network Security (ICINS). DOI : 10.1049/cp.2013.2475
- D. V. Ratnam, A. Pasha, P. Swathi & M. V. G. Rao (2013). Acquisition of GPS L1 signals using Cooley-tukey FFT algorithm. IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC) DOI : 10.1109/ISPCC.2013.6663397 https://doi.org/10.1109/ISPCC.2013.6663397
- R. Shirbhate, T. Panse & C. Ralekar (2015). Design of parallel FFT architecture using Cooley Tukey algorithm. International Conference on Communications and Signal Processing (ICCSP) DOI : 10.1109/ICCSP.2015.7322551 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCSP.2015.7322551