- Volume 9 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on the Effects of Self-leadership and Job Satisfaction on Nursing Performance in General Hospital Nurses
종합병원 간호사의 셀프리더십, 직무만족이 간호업무성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 융복합 연구
- Yoo, Jae Yeon (Dong-Eui Hospital) ;
- Lee, Yeon Hee (Department of Nursing, Dong-Eui University) ;
- Ha, Yi Kyung (College of Nursing, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2019.08.23
- Accepted : 2019.10.20
- Published : 2019.10.28
The purpose of this study was to identify factors influencing nursing performance of nurses in general hospitals. The participants were 251 nurses working in general hospitals in B city. SPSS/WIN 23.0 was used for analysis with descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA,
- Korean Statistical Information Service. (2017). Medical personnel status. August, 1, 2019, Retrieved from http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=350&tblId=TX_35003_A003&checkFlag=N
- G. A. Seomun, S. O. Chang, K. H. Cho, I. A. Kim & S. J. Lee. (2006). The relation between self-leadership and outcome of nursing practice. Journal of Korean Academy Nursing Administration, 12(1), 151-8.
- J. L. Cho. (2019). The effect of self-leadership and communication barriers on nursing Performance in hospital nurses. Journal of the Convergence on Culture Technology, 5(2), 239-246. DOI : 10.17703/JCCT.2019.5.2.239 https://doi.org/10.17703/JCCT.2019.5.2.239
- L. T. Kohn, J. M. Corrigan & M. S. Donaldson. (2000). To Err Is Human : Building a Safer Health System. Washington, D.C: National Academy Press.
- S. H. Lee & E. J. Lee. (2018). Influence of nurses' critical thinking disposition and self-leadership on clinical competency in medium sized hospitals. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 24(3), 336-346. https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2018.24.3.336
- H. J. Won & S. H. Cho. (2013). A review of research on self-leadership in nurses'. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 12(1), 151-158.
- M. J. Shin, J. O. Cheong & T, Kim. (2017). Self-leadership of nurses, professional nursing competence, and job commitment: an empirical examination of the influence of self-leadership. Journal of Government and Policy, 9(2), 67-95.
- C. C. Manz & H. P. Sims Jr. (2001). The new superleadership, leading others to lead themselves. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
- K. N. Park & M. K. Park. (2008). A study on nurses' self-leadership, organizational commitment and the nursing performance. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 14(1), 63-71.
- Y. Cho & M. Choi. (2016). Effect of clinical nurses' basic psychological need, self-leadership and job stress on nursing performance. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(8), 343-353. DOI :10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.343 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.343
- E. A. Loke. (1976). Handbook of industrial and organizational psychology. Chicago : Rand McNally College Publishing Co.
- S. Kim, & M. Lee. (2006). A study of the reward and the job satisfaction perceived by nurses. Journal of Korean Nursing Administration, 12(1), 122-130.
- S. Y. Kim, E. Kim, B. Kim & E. Lee. (2016). Influence of nurses' self-leadership on individual and team members' work role performance. Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, 46(3), 338-348. DOI : 10.4040/jkan.2016.46.3.338 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2016.46.3.338
- S. Choi, I. Jang, S. Park, & H. Lee. (2014). Effects of organizational culture, self-leadership and empowerment on job satisfaction and turnover intention in general hospital nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 20(2), 206-214. DOI :10.11111/jkana.2014.20.2.206 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.2.206
- K. Yu, H. Park & K. Jang. (2018). Factors related to self-leadership of Korean clinical nurses: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 24(5), 410-422. DOI :10.11111/jkana.2018.24.5.410 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2018.24.5.410
- Y. H. Kim & Y. M. Lee. (2009). Influence of self-leadership on job stress, job satisfaction and burnout among nurses in hospitals. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 11(4), 1939-1951.
- S. Yang & E. Jeong. (2017). Convergence effects of positive psychological capital and self-leadership in clinical nurses on job satisfaction. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(6), 329-337. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.6.329 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.329
- C. C. Manz. (1983). The art of self-leadership ; strategies for personal effectiveness in your life and work. 1st ed.: NJ: Prentice Hall Inc.
- H. S. Kim. (2002). The relationship between teachers' self-leadership and the job satisfaction at secondary schools. Unpublished master's thesis. Soongsil University, Seoul.
- K. H. Cho. (2003). The Influence of self-leadership about job-satisfaction and outcome of nursing practice. Unpublished master's thesis. Korea University, Seoul.
- D. B. Slavitt, P. L. Stamps, E. B. Piedmont, & A. M. Haase. (1978). Nurses' satisfaction with their work situation. Nursing Research. 27(2), 114-120.
- O. H. Koo. (2000). Clinical nurses ' s perception of empowerment structural model in nursing organization. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungnam National University, Daejon.
- S. A. Park. (1990). An exploratory study on the relationship between leadership style and performance in Korean nursing units. Seoul Journal of Nursing, 4(1), 45-61.
- A. Han, S. Zon. (2016). Effects of self-leadership and self-efficacy on nursing performance of nurses working in long-term care hospitals. Journal of Korean Gerontologic Nursing. 18(1), 12-21. DOI : 10.17079/jkgn.2016.18.1.12 https://doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2016.18.1.12
- Y. Kim. (2005). The relation between self-leadership and individual learning of hospital nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Wonju.
- M. Jang & H. Kim. (2018). A convergence study on the effects of self-leadership and self-esteem on nursing performance. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(2), 51-59. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.2.051 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.2.051
- S. I. Im, J. Park & H. S. Kim. (2012). The effects of nurse's communication and self-leadership on nursing performance. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing. 21(3), 274-282. DOI : 10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.274 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.274
- M. Sung & O, B. Eum. (2009). Relationships between critical thinking disposition, professional nursing competence and job satisfaction in clinical nurses. Journal of Korean Nursing Administration, 15(1), 26-36.
- M. H. Sung & M. Y. Lee. (2017). Effects of self-leadership, clinical competence and job satisfaction on nurses' job involvement. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. 23(1), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2017.23.1.1
- A. Ravari, M. Bazargan, Z. Vanaki & T. Mirzaei. (2012). Job satisfaction among Iranian hospitalbased practicing nurses: examining the influence of self-expectation, social interaction and organisational situations. Journal of Nursing Management, 20(4), 522-533. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2834.2010.01188.x