- Volume 9 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on Key Protection Method based on WhiteBox Cipher in Block Chain Environment
블록체인 환경에서 화이트박스 암호기반 키 보호 기법에 관한 연구
- Choi, Do-Hyeon (Computer Science, Soongsil University) ;
- Hong, Chan-Ki (Department of Medical IT, Catholic Kwandong University)
- Received : 2019.09.09
- Accepted : 2019.10.20
- Published : 2019.10.28
Recently, in the field of next-generation e-commerce and finance, interest in blockchain-based technologies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum is great. Although the security of blockchain technology is known to be secure, hacking incidents / accidents related to cryptocurrencies are being issued. The main causes were vulnerabilities in the external environment, such as taking over login sessions on cryptocurrency wallets, exposing private keys due to malware infection, and using simple passwords. However, private key management recommends general methods such as utilizing a dedicated application or local backup and physical archiving through document printing. In this paper, we propose a white box password-based private key protection scheme. As a result of safety and performance analysis, we strengthened the security against vulnerability of private key exposure and proved the processing efficiency of existing protocol.
- S. Nakamoto. (2008). Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer electronic cash system. BITCOIN(Online). http://bitcoin.org
- A. M. Antonopoulos. (2014). Mastering Bitcoin: unlocking digital cryptocurrencies. BOSTON : O'Reilly Media.
- H. R. Jung & J. W. So. (2018). Security of Password Vaults of Password Managers. Korea Institute of Information Security & Cryptology, 28(5), 1047-1057. DOI : 10.13089/JKIISC.2018.28.5.1047 https://doi.org/10.13089/JKIISC.2018.28.5.1047
- J. H. Kim. (2013). Next Money Bitcoin-The emergence of digital currency to change the game. Seoul : Bookie.
- H. Y. Kim. (2018). Analysis of Security Threats and Countermeasures on Blockchain Platforms. Korean Institute of Information Technology, 16(5), 103-112. DOI : 10.14801/jkiit.2018.16.5.103 https://doi.org/10.14801/jkiit.2018.16.5.103
- W. Brecht. (2012). White-box cryptography: hiding keys in software. NAGRA Kudelski Group Switzerland.
- W. Michiels. (2010). Opportunities in white-box cryptography. IEEE Security & Privacy, 8(1), 64-67. DOI : 10.1109/MSP.2010.44 https://doi.org/10.1109/MSP.2010.44
- H. J. Lee, D. H. Won & Y. S. Lee. (2019). Protection Technologies against Large-scale Computing Attacks in Blockchain. Korea Information Assurance Society, 19(2), 11-19. DOI : 10.33778/kcsa.2019.19.2.011 https://doi.org/10.33778/kcsa.2019.19.2.011
- M. S. Kim et al. (2016). Effective Vitalization Plan of Electronic Cash using Bitcoin. Jouranl of Information and Security, 16(4), 79-90. UCI : G704-001662.2016.16.4.008 1
- T. Bamert, C. Decker, R. Wattenhofer & S. Welten. (2014). Bluewallet: The secure bitcoin wallet. In International Workshop on Security and Trust Management, 65-80, Springer. DOI : 10.1007/978-3-319-11851-2_5 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-11851-2_5
- M. Gentilal, P. Martins & L. Sousa. (2017). TrustZone-backed bitcoin wallet. In Proceedings of the Fourth Workshop on Cryptography and Security in Computing Systems, 25-28, ACM. DOI : 10.1145/3031836.3031841 https://doi.org/10.1145/3031836.3031841
- H. K. Kim. (2014). Bitcoin Regulation : Legal and Regulatory Issues of the Virtual Currency System. Korea Securities Law Association, 15(3), 377-431. DOI : 10.17785/kjsl.2014.15.3.377 https://doi.org/10.17785/kjsl.2014.15.3.377
- S. J. Park. (2018). A study on the compatibility of Korean financial system and blockchain. HUFS Law Research Institute, 42(4), 133-151. DOI : 10.17257/hufslr.2018.42.4.133 https://doi.org/10.17257/hufslr.2018.42.4.133