- Volume 28 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Marine Environmental Characteristics around the Test Phase of Offshore Wind Farm in the Southwestern Coast of Yellow Sea
서남해 해상풍력 실증단지 해역의 해양 환경 특성
- Seo, Jinsung (Korea Environment Institute) ;
- Maeng, Junho (Korea Environment Institute) ;
- Lim, Eunpyo (Sekwang Engineering Consultants Co., LTD.) ;
- Jin, Seungjoo (Sekwang Engineering Consultants Co., LTD.) ;
- Kim, Hyunmin (SK D&D Co., LTD.) ;
- Kim, Taeyun (Korea Environment Institute)
- 서진성 (한국환경정책.평가연구원) ;
- 맹준호 (한국환경정책.평가연구원) ;
- 임은표 ((주)세광종합기술단) ;
- 진승주 ((주)세광종합기술단) ;
- 김현민 (에스케이디앤디(주)) ;
- 김태윤 (한국환경정책.평가연구원)
- Received : 2019.06.25
- Accepted : 2019.09.25
- Published : 2019.10.31
This study aims to present the characteristics of marine physics, water quality, and sediment quality around offshore wind farm near the Gochang and Buan sea areas through the analysis of monitoring data. The relationships between suspended solid and wave height as well as suspended solid and flow velocity were analyzed. We found that Correlation Coefficient values of 0.61~0.69 between wave height and suspended solid, and suspended solid concentration reaches 75 mg/L or higher when wave height of more than 1m occurred in the spring (1 month). The water quality index (WQI) was used to identify the status of the water quality in the study area. Most of the measured points were rated first grade (very good). The variation of chlorophyll-a was relatively hight compared to the other criteria, indicating that it is a major factor affecting the quality index. In the sediment column, all heavy metals were detected below the Threshold Effects Level(TEL), and ignition loss and grain size show a positive correlation.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm Ltd (BOWL). 2012. Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm Environment Statement.
- Buchman MF. 2008. NOAA screening quick reference tables. NOAA OR&R Report 08-1. Seattle WA, Office of response and restoration division. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. 34.
- Choi JY, Kim DJ, Kim HI, Choi YH. 2018. Offshore Wind Turbine Technology R&D and Construction of Southwest Offshore Demonstration. Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers. 66(1): 22-29. [Korean Literature]
- Federal Environment Agency (Umweltbundesamt). 2010. Concept development for an environmental impact assessment for offshore wind parks in the Baltic States.
- Danish Center for Environment and Energy (DCE), Aarhus University, Danish Hydraulic Institute (DHI), NIRAS. 2015. Kriegers Flak Offshore Wind Farm - Birds and Bats EIA - Technical Report.
- Danish Energy Authority. 2006. Offshore Wind Farms and the Environment - Danish Experience from Horns Rev and Nysted.
- Department for Communities and Local Government. 2006. Environment Impact Assessment: A Guide to good Practice and Procedures.
- Dong Energy, Vattenfall, Danish Energy Authority and Danish Forest And Nature Agency. 2006. Danish offshore wind, Key enivironmental issues.
- Kim TY, Kim CK, Maeng JH, Jang SJ. 2015. A Study on Strategic Environmental Assessment Guideline for Site Selection of Offshore Wind Farm Project. Korea Environment institute. [Korean Literature]
- Korea Offshore Wind Power (KOWP). 2019. The report of Marine Environmental Survey in the Southwest Offshore Wind Farm Proof Phase. [Korean Literature]
- Korea Meteorological Administration. 2019. https://data.kma.go.kr/tmeta/stn/selectStnList.do(Searching: 2019. 6. 20.)
- Lee JP, Kim CH, Choi NYH, Park SW. 2019. A Study on the Utilization of Port and Backyard Complex for the Construction of Offshore Wind Power Cluster. Korea Maritime Institute. [Korean Literature]
- Lee JK, Park C, Lee DB, Lee SW. 2012. Variations in Plankton Assemblage in a Semi-Closed Chunsu Bay, Korea. Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanography, 17(2):95-111. [Korean Literature]
- Liu X, Huang BQ, Huang Q, Wang L, Ni XB, Tang QS, Sun S, Wei H, Liu SM, Li CL, Sun J. 2015b. Seasonal phytoplankton response to physical processes in the southern Yellow Sea. Journal of Sea Research, 95: 45-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seares.2014.10.017
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. 2018. Marine Environment Management Act. [Korean Literature]
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy. 2017. Renewable Energy 3020 Implementation Plan ("RE3020"). [Korean Literature]
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. 2017. National Comprehensive Investigation into Marine Ecosystems. [Korean Literature]
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. 2015 National Comprehensive Investigation into Marine Ecosystems. [Korean Literature]
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology. 2014. State of the Seas of Republic of Korea. [Korean Literature]
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. 2013. A Study on setting the Environmental Standards and its Improvement. [Korean Literature]
- Maeng JH, Cho BJ, Lim OJ, Seo J. 2013. A Study on the Environmental Impact of Offshore Wind Farms Through Monitoring Case in Overseas Country. Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environment and Energy. 16(4): 276-289. [Korean Literature] https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2013.16.4.276
- Maeng JH, Sun HS, Joo YJ, Cho BJ, Lim OJ, Seo J. 2012. A Study on the Environmental Impact Assessment of Offshore Wind Farm Projects II. Korea Environment institute. [Korean Literature]
- Oh SH, Jeong WM, Kim SI. 2015. Analysis of the Observation Data for Winter-Season High Waves Occurred in the West Sea of Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers. 27(3): 168-174. [Korean Literature] https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2015.27.3.168
- Shin CO, Yook KH. 2011. Environmental and Economic Impacts of Offshore Wind Power. Korea Maritime Institute. [Korean Literature]
- The Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment of the Netherlands. 2014. White Paper on Offshore Wind Energy.
- U Forstner. 1981. Metal concentrations in river, lake and ocean water. U Forstner, G.T.W Wittmann (Eds.), Metal Pollution in the Aquatic Environment (2nd ed.), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 71-109.