- Volume 3 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of Hybrid SIMO-RF/FSO Communication System with Fixed Gain AF Relay
- Shi, Wenxiao (College of Communication Engineering, Jilin University) ;
- Kang, Kai (College of Communication Engineering, Jilin University) ;
- Wang, Zhuo (College of Communication Engineering, Jilin University) ;
- Liu, Wei (College of Communication Engineering, Jilin University)
- Received : 2019.05.07
- Accepted : 2019.07.26
- Published : 2019.10.25
This paper investigates the performance of a hybrid single input multiple output radio frequency/free-space optics (SIMO-RF/FSO) communication system. Each SIMO-RF link is modeled as an independent and identically distributed (i.i.d.) Rayleigh distribution, while the FSO link follows a generalized
Free-space optics communication;Hybrid SIMO-RF/FSO communication system;Performance analysis;Fixed gain AF relay
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- V. W. S. Chan, "Free-space optical communications," J. Lightwave Technol. 24, 4750-4762 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2006.885252
- M. A. Khalighi and M. Uysal, "Survey on free space optical communication: A communication theory perspective," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tuts. 16, 2231-2258 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1109/COMST.2014.2329501
- H. Lei, Z. Dai, K. H. Park, W. Lei, G. Pan, and M. S. Alouini, "Secrecy outage analysis of mixed RF-FSO downlink SWIPT systems," IEEE Trans. Commun. 66, 6384-6395 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2018.2865944
- M. O. Hasna and M. S. Alouini, "A performance study of dual-hop transmissions with fixed gain relays," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun. 3, 1963-1968 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2004.837470
- M. Torabi and R. Effatpanahi, "Performance analysis of hybrid RF-FSO systems with amplify-and-forward selection relaying," Opt. Commun. 434, 80-90 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2018.09.059
- E. Balti and M. Guizani, "Mixed RF/FSO cooperative relaying systems with co-channel interference," IEEE Trans. Commun. 66, 4014-4027 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2018.2818697
- J. Vellakudiyan, I. S. Ansari, V. Palliyembil, P. Muthuchidambaranathan, and K. A. Qaraqe, "Channel capacity analysis of a mixed dual-hop radio-frequency-free space optical transmission system with Málaga distribution," IET Commun. 10, 2119-2124 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-com.2016.0041
- J. Feng and X. Zhao, "Performance analysis of mixed RF/FSO systems with STBC users," Opt. Commun. 381, 244-252 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2016.06.078
- J. Zhao, S. H. Zhao, W. H. Zhao, Y. Liu, and X. Li, "Performance of mixed RF/FSO systems in exponentiated Weibull distributed channels," Opt. Commun. 405, 244-252 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2017.07.015
- L. Yang, M. O. Hasna, and X. Gao, "Performance of mixed RF/FSO with variable gain over generalized atmospheric turbulence channels," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun. 33, 1913-1924 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2015.2432471
- E. Soleimani-Nasab and M. Uysal, "Generalized performance analysis of mixed RF/FSO cooperative systems," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun. 15, 714-727 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2015.2477400
- J. Zhang, L. Dai, Y. Zhang, and Z. Wang, "Unified performance analysis of mixed radio frequency/free-space optical dual-hop transmission systems," J. Lightwave Technol. 33, 2286-2293 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2015.2409570
- M. I. Petkovic and Z. Trpovski, "Exact outage probability analysis of the mixed RF/FSO system with variable gain relays," IEEE Photonics J. 10, 1-14 (2018).
- P. V. Trinh, T. C. Thang, and A. T. Pham, "Mixed mmWave RF/FSO relaying systems over generalized fading channels with pointing errors," IEEE Photonics J. 9, 1-14 (2017).
- V. Palliyembil, J. Vellakudiyan, P. Muthuchidamdaranathan, and T. A. Tsiftsis, "Capacity and outage probability analysis of asymmetric dual-hop RF-FSO communication systems," IET Commun. 12, 1979-1983 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-com.2017.0982
- M. I. Petkovic and Z. Trpovski, "Exact outage probability analysis of the mixed RF/FSO system with variable-gain relays," IEEE Photonics J. 10, 1-14 (2018).
- L. Chen and W. Wang, "Multi-diversity combining and selection for relay-assisted mixed RF/FSO system," Opt. Commun. 405, 1-7 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2017.07.001
- A. H. A. El-Malek, A. M. Salhab, S. A. Zummo, and M. S. Alouini, "Security-reliability trade-off analysis for multiuser SIMO mixed RF/FSO relay networks with opportunistic user scheduling," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun. 15, 5904-5918 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2016.2572681
- N. Singhal, A. Bansal, and A. Kumar, "Performance evaluation of decode-and-forward-based asymmetric SIMO-RF/FSO system with pointing errors," IET Commun. 11, 2244-2252 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-com.2017.0439
- M. K. Simon and M. S. Alouini, Digital Communication Over Fading Channels, 2nd ed. (John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2005).
- Y. C. Ko, M. S. Alouini, and M. K. Simon, "Outage probability of diversity systems over generalized fading channels," IEEE Trans. Commun. 48, 1783-1787 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1109/26.886467
- H. G. Sandalidis, T. A. Tsiftsis, and G. K. Karagiannidis, "Optical wireless communications with heterodyne detection over turbulence channels with pointing errors," J. Lightwave Technol. 27, 4440-4445 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2009.2024169
- S. Wolfram, Modified Bessel function of the second kind (Wolfram: Computation Meets Knowledge, 2001), http://func tions.wolfram.com/Bessel-TypeFunctions/BesselK/ (2018).
- I. S. Ansari, F. Yilmaz, and M. S. Alouini, "Performance analysis of free-space optical links over Malaga (M) turbulence channels with pointing errors," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun. 15, 91-102 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2015.2467386
- A. Papoulis and S. U. Pillai, Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes, 4th ed. (Tata McGraw-Hill Education, Europe, 2002).
- I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products: Corrected and enlarged edition (Academic Press, London, UK, 2014).
- V. S. Adamchik and O. I. Marichev, "The algorithm for calculating integrals of hypergeometric type functions and its realization in REDUCE system," in Proc. The international symposium on Symbolic and algebraic computation (ACM, Tokyo, Japan, 1990), pp. 212-224.
- S. Wolfram, Meijer G-function (Wolfram: Computation Meets Knowledge, 2001), http://functions.wolfram.com/Hypergeometric Functions/MeijerG/ (2018).
- E. Zedini, I. S. Ansari, and M. S. Alouini, "Performance analysis of mixed Nakagami- m and Gamma-Gamma dualhop FSO transmission systems," IEEE Photonics J. 7, 1-20 (2015).
- A. M. Mathai and R. K. Saxena, The H-function With Applications in Statistics and Other Disciplines (Wiley Eastern, New Delhi, India & Halsted Press, New York, USA, 1978).
- B. L. Sharma, "Some formulae for generalized function of two variables," Matematicki Vesnik 5, 43-52 (1968).
- I. S. Ansari, S. Al-Ahmadi, F. Yilmaz, M. S. Alouini, and H. Yanikomeroglu, "A new formula for the BER of binary modulations with dual-branch selection over Generalized-K composite fading channels," IEEE Trans. Commun. 59, 2654-2658 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2011.063011.100303A
- A. Jurado-Navas, J. M. Garrido-Balsells, J. F. Paris, and A. Puerta-Notario, "A unifying statistical model for atmospheric optical scintillation" in Numerical Simulations of Physical and Engineering Processes, J. Awrejcewicz, ed. (IntechOpen, UK, 2011), Chapter 8.