- Volume 30 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Preparation of Fabric Softener Product by using Amine-functionalized Magnesium-phyllosilicates
아민기로 관능화된 마그네슘-층상규산염을 이용한 섬유유연제 제조
- Kim, Seong Yeol (Lucky Research and Development Center (LRDC), Lucky Industry Co., Ltd.) ;
- Choi, Yoo-Sung (Lucky Research and Development Center (LRDC), Lucky Industry Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2019.07.25
- Accepted : 2019.08.19
- Published : 2019.10.10
In this study, we synthesized amine-functionalized magnesium-phyllosilicates (AF-MgP) with an octahedral and tetrahedral structure using (3-aminopropyl)triethoxysilane. The synthesis of AF-MgP, surface functionalization of amine and 1 : 2 ratio of the octahedral and tetrahedral structure were confirmed by FT-IR and XRD analysis. In addition, it was confirmed that AF-MgP was absorbed evenly on the surface of cotton fibers and coated on the cotton fibers from HR-SEM and EDX analysis. The antimicrobial activity test of cotton fibers according to KS confirmed that cotton fibers coated with AF-MgP particles show an enhanced antimicrobial activity against cutaneous microorganisms. Our results suggest that AF-MgP is not only applied as a functional nanomaterial that gives the cotton fiber antimicrobiality, but also can be used in the field of cosmetic and biomedical materials.
- R. Dastjerdi and M. Montazer, A review on the application of inorganic nano-structured materials in the modification of textiles: Focus on anti-microbial properties, Colloids Surf. B, 79, 5-18 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfb.2010.03.029
- E. A. Grice and J. A. Segre, The skin microbiome, Nat. Rev. Microbiol., 9, 244-253 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1038/nrmicro2537
- J. Lin, X. Chen, C. Chen, J. Hu, C. Zhou, X. Cai, W. Wang, C. Zheng, P. Zhang, J. Cheng, Z. Guo, and H. Liu, Durably antibacterial and bacterially antiadhesive cotton fabrics coated by cationic fluorinated polymers, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 10, 6124-6136 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b16235
- T. Mao, Y. Wei, C. Zheng, W. Cheng, Z. Zhang, Y. Zhu, R. Wang, and Z. Zeng, Antibacterial cotton fabrics coated by biodegradable cationic silicone softeners, J. Surfactants Deterg., DOI:10.1002/jsde.12316 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1002/jsde.12316
- Y. H. Lee, S. G. Lee, E. K. Hwang, Y. M. Baek, S. Cho, J. S. Kim, and H. D. Kim, Deodorizing performance and antibacterial properties of fabric treated with pomegranate and gallnut extracts compared with properties of commercial deodorizing and antibacterial agents, J. Text. Sci. Eng., 53. 45-54 (2016). https://doi.org/10.12772/TSE.2016.53.045
- M. Wu, B. Ma, T. Pan, S. Chen, and J. Sun, Silver-nanoparticle-colored cotton fabrics with tunable colors and durable antibacterial and self-healing superhydrophobic properties, Adv. Func. Mater., 26, 569-576 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.201504197
- T. I. Shaheen, M. E. El-Naggar, A. M. Abdelgawad, and A. Hebeish, Durable antibacterial and UV protections of in situ synthesized zinc oxide nanoparticles onto cotton fabrics, Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 83, 426-432 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2015.11.003
- M. E. El-Naggar, T. I. Shaheen, S. Zaghloul, M. H. El-Rafie, and A. Hebeish, Antibacterial activities and UV protection of the in situ synthesized titanium oxide nanoparticles on cotton fabrics, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 55, 2661-2668 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.5b04315
- J. H. A. Rosalind and C. Anderson, Respiratory toxicity of fabric softener emissions, J. Toxicol. Environ. Health, 60, 121-136 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1080/009841000156538
- E. K. Oikonomou, N. Christov, G. Cristobal, C. Bourgaux, L. Heux, I. Boucenna, and J. F. Berret, Design of eco-friendly fabric softeners: Structure, rheology and interaction with cellulose nanocrystals, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 525, 206-215 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2018.04.081
- N. Calero, J. Santos, M. Barjano, and J. Munos, Shear-induced structural transitions in a model fabric softener containing an esterquat surfactant, J. Surfactants Deterg., 19, 609-617 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11743-016-1808-9
- V. Ravichandran, S. Vasanthi, S. Shalini, S. A. A. Shah, and R. Harish, Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Atrocarpus altilis leaf extract and the study of their antimicrobial and antioxidant activity, Mater. Lett., 180, 264-267 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2016.05.172
- J. Bonilla and P. J. A. Sobral, Investigation of the physicochemical, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties of gelatin-chitosan edible film mixed with plant ethanolic extracts, Food Biosci., 16, 17-25 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fbio.2016.07.003
- L. Mpala, G. Chikowe, and I. E. Cock, Piper novae-hollandiae miq. leaf extracts lack antibacterial activity and are non-toxic in vitro, Pharmacogn. Commun., 9, 75-79 (2019). https://doi.org/10.5530/pc.2019.2.14
- P. Velmurugan, J. I. Kim, K. Kim, J. H. Park, K. J. Lee, W. S. Chang, Y. J. Park, M. Cho, and B. T. Oh, Extraction of natural colorant from purple sweet potato and dyeing of fabrics with silver nanoparticles for augmented antibacterial activity against skin pathogens, J. Photochem. Photobiol., 173, 571-579 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2017.07.001
- S. M. Ghoreishian, L. Maleknia, H. Mirzapour, and M. Norouzi, Antibacterial properties and color fastness of silk fabric dyed with turmeric extract, Fiber. Polym., 14, 201-207 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12221-013-0201-9
- G. Ke, W. Yu, and W. Xu, Color evaluation of wool fabric dyed with Rhizoma coptidis extract, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 101, 3376-3380 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.24033
- Y. Lee, Y. Choi, M. Choi, H. Yang, K. Liu, and H. Shin, Dual-end functionalized magnesium organo-(phyllo)silicates via co-condensation and its antimicrobial activity, Appl. Clay Sci., 83, 474-485 (2013).
- S. Y. Kim and Y. S. Choi, Preparation of magnesium-based two-dimensional phyllosilicate materials and simultaneous antioxidant drug intercalation, Colloids Surf. A, 569, 164-170 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2019.02.065
- Z. Bian and S. Kawi, Preparation, characterization and catalytic application of phyllosilicate: A review, Catal. Today, DOI:10.1016/j.cattod.2018.12.030. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cattod.2018.12.030
- K. K. R. Datta, A. Achari, and M. Eswaramoorthy, Aminoclay: A functional layered material with multifaceted applications, J. Mater. Chem. A, 1, 6707-6718 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1039/c3ta00100h
- H. K. Han, Y. C. Lee, M. Y. Lee, A. J. Patil, and H. J. Shin, Magnesium and calcium organophyllosilicates: Synthesis and in vitro cytotoxicity study, ACS Appl. Mater., 3, 2564-2572 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1021/am200406k
- G. Chandrasekaran, H. K. Han, G. J. Kim, and H. J. Shin, Antimicrobial activity of delaminated aminopropyl functionalized magnesium phyllosilicates, Appl. Clay Sci., 53, 729-736 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2011.07.001
- S. Y. Kim and Y. S. Choi, Study on synthesis of pine leaf extract intercalated Mg-phyllosilicate sandwich nanoparticles and antimicrobial activity against cutaneous microorganisms, Appl. Chem. Eng., 30, 254-259 (2019).
- S. Y. Kim and Y. S. Choi, Preparation of natural chemicals intercalated aminoclay via one-pot synthesis and its antimicrobial property, Appl. Chem. Eng., 28, 495-500 (2017).
- S. Gordon and Y. L. Hsieh, Cotton: Science and Technology, 3-5, Woodhead Publishing, Cambridge, UK (2006).
- K. Kulthong, S. Srisung, K. Boonpavanitchakul, W. Kangwansupamonkon, and R. Maniratanachote, Determination of silver nanoparticle release from antibacterial fabrics into artificial sweat, Part. Fibre Toxicol., 7(8) (2010).