- Volume 30 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Anti-inflammatory Efficacy and Liver Protective Activity of Pine Pollen according to Probe Sonicator Ultrasonic Disintegration Extraction Method
송화분의 초음파 파쇄 추출 방법에 따른 항염증 효능 및 간 보호 활성
- Kim, Ok Ju (Department of Natural Science Institute, Silla University) ;
- Woo, Young Min (Department of Natural Science Institute, Silla University) ;
- Jo, Eun Sol (Department of Natural Science Institute, Silla University) ;
- Jo, Min Young (Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Silla University) ;
- Li, Chun-Ri (College of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine) ;
- Lee, Young-Ho (Protein Structure Research Group, Division of Bioconvergence Analysis, Korea Basic Science Institute, Bio-Analytical Science, University of Science and Technology (UST)) ;
- Ahn, Mee Young (Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Silla University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hyeon (Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Silla University) ;
- Ha, Jong Myung (Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Silla University) ;
- Kim, Andre (Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Silla University)
- 김옥주 (신라대학교 자연과학연구소) ;
- 우영민 (신라대학교 자연과학연구소) ;
- 조은솔 (신라대학교 자연과학연구소) ;
- 조민영 (신라대학교 제약공학전공) ;
- 이춘일 (중국 센양 요녕중의대) ;
- 이영호 (한국기초과학연구소, 과학기술연합대학원) ;
- 안미영 (신라대학교 제약공학전공) ;
- 이상현 (신라대학교 제약공학전공) ;
- 하종명 (신라대학교 제약공학전공) ;
- 김안드레 (신라대학교 제약공학전공)
- Received : 2019.07.09
- Accepted : 2019.08.13
- Published : 2019.10.10
In this study, the effect anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and liver protective activity was investigated via quick ultrasonic disintegration of pine pollen using a probe sonicator (PS) followed by the extraction with water, 70% ethanol, and 100% ethanol. The anti-inflammatory effect was studied by measuring the production of nitric oxide (NO) and cytokine in RAW264.7 cells induced with lipopolysaccharides (LPS). The cell toxicity was also checked with an 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) assay, and the experiment was conducted using non-toxic
Supported by : 중소벤처기업부
- B. Halliwell, Reactive oxygen species and the central nervous system, J. Neurochem., 59, 1609-1623 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-4159.1992.tb10990.x
- G. Block and L. Langseth, Antioxidant vitamins and disease prevention, Food Technol., 48, 80-85 (1994).
- H. L. Ko, K. H. Jegal, S. Y. Song, N. E. Kim, J. Kang, S. H. Byun, Y. W. Kim, I. J. Cho, and S. C. Kim, Water extract of Rosa leavigata Michx. protects hepatocytes from arachidonic acid and iron-mediated oxidative stress, Korean J. Herbology, 30, 7-15 (2015).
- F. P. de Heredia, S. Gomez-Martinez, and A. Marcos, Chronic and degenerative diseases obesity, inflammation and the immune system, Proc. Nutr. Soc., 71, 332-338 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1017/S0029665112000092
- C. Nathan, Nitric oxide as a secretory product of mammalian cells, FASEB J., 6, 3051-3064 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1096/fasebj.6.12.1381691
- S. M. An, H. G. Kim, E. J Choi, H. H. Hwang, E. O. Lee, J. H. Baek, Y. C. Boo, and J. S. Koh, Screening for anti-inflammatory activities in extracts from Korean herb medicines, J. Soc. Cosmet. Sci. Korea, 40, 95-108 (2014).
- D. S. Lee, G. S. Jeong, R. B. An, B. Li, E. Byun, K. H. Yoon, and Y. C. Kim, Hepatoprotective effects of plants extracts from baekdu mountain on tacrine-induced cytotoxicity in HepG2 cells, Korean J. Pharmacogn., 39, 68-73 (2008).
- E. J. Cho and S. H. Yoon, Protective effect of asiasari radix on rat liver, J. Korean Soc. Hyg. Sci., 5, 85-91 (1999).
- P. B. Watkins, H. J. Zimmerman, M. J. Knapp, S. I. Gracon, and K. W. Lewis, Hepatotoxic effects of tacrine administration in patients with alzheimer's disease, JAMA, 271, 992-998 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1994.03510370044030
- R. A. Osseni, C. Debbasch, M. O. Christen, P. Rat, and J. M. Warnet, Tacrine-induced reactive oxygen species in a human liver cell line: The role of anethole dithiolethione as a scavenger, Toxicol. In Vitro, 13, 683-688 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0887-2333(99)00050-8
- M. L. Kim, Sensory characteristics of korean wheat noodles with pine pollen and antioxidant activities of pine pollen Extracts, Korean J. Food Cookery Sci., 21, 717-724 (2005).
- M. Gilliam, W. F. McCaughey, and B. Wintermute, Amino acids in pollens and nectars of citrus cultivars and in stored pollen and honey from honeybee colonies in citrus groves, J. Apic. Res., 19, 64-72 (1980). https://doi.org/10.1080/00218839.1980.11099998
- A. E. Vivino, and L. S. Palmer, The chemical composition nutritional value of pollen collected by bees, Arch. Biochem., 4, 129-136 (1994).
- B. Y. Lee, H. D. Choi, and J. B. Hwang, Components analysis of Korean pollens and pollen extracts, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 5, 869-875 (1997).
- M. A. Cribellaro, G. Senna, G. Riva, C. Cislaghi, P. Falagiani G. W. Canonica, and G. Passalacqua, Pollen mixtures used as health food may be a harmful source of allergens, J. Investig. Allergol. Clin. Immunol., 10, 310-311 (2000).
- B. Y. Lee, H. S. Chun, H, G. Kim, and H. M. Suk, Processing method of pollen, Korean Patent 10, 0211287, 0000 (1999).
- S. J. Kim, K. S. Youn, and H. S. Park, Antioxidative effect of pine, oak, and lily pollen exteracts, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 37, 833-837 (2005).
- M. S. Blois, Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical, Nature, 181, 1191-1200 (1958).
- S. Marklund and G. Marklund, Involvement of the superoxide anion radical in the autoxidation of pyrogallol and a convenient assay for superoxide dismutase, Eur. J. Biochem., 47, 469-474 (1974). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1432-1033.1974.tb03714.x
- L. Prosky, N. G. Asp, T. F. Schweizer, J. W. Devries, and I. Furda, Determination of insoluble, soluble, and total dietary fiber in foods and food products: Interlaboratory study, J. Assoc. Off. Anal. Chem., 71, 1017-1025 (1988).
- J. M. McCord and I. Fridovich, Superoxide dismutase an enzymic function for erythrocuprein (hemocuprein), J. Biol. Chem., 244, 6049-6055 (1969).
- K. H. Lee, A. J. Kim, and E. M. Choi, Antioxidant and antiinflammatory activity of pine pollen extract in vitro, Phytother. Res., 23, 41-48 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.2525
- V. Goossens, J. Grooten, K. De Vos, and W. Fiers, Direct evidence for tumor necrosis factor-induced mitochondrial reactive oxygen intermediates and their involvement in cytotoxicity, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 92, 8115-8119 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.92.18.8115
- Y. K. Kim, Y. H. Kim, D. H. Kim, and K. T. Lee, Cytoprotective effects of natural flavonoids on carbon tetrachloride-induced toxiciy in prinary cultures of rat hepatocytes, Korean J. Pharmacogn., 36, 224-228 (2005).
- H. J. Kim, I. S. Lee, K. R. Lee, Antimutagenic and anticancer effects of Ramaria botrytis(Fr.) rick exstracts, J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., 28, 1321-1325 (1999).