- Volume 30 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of Volatile Organic Compound Pretreatment Device for Removing Exhaust Gas from Display Manufacturing Process
Display 제조공정 배출가스 처리를 위한 휘발성 유기화합물 전처리 장치 개발
- Moon, Gi-Hak (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Yong (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2018.12.07
- Accepted : 2019.01.28
- Published : 2019.10.10
In this study, we investigated the pretreatment technologies of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which is a problem as the semiconductor and display industry develops recently. The conventional concentrator used in the direct combustion system, is easily contaminated by the exhaust gas in the manufacturing process of the display, resulting in the low treatment efficiency of generated VOCs. Physical/Chemical analyses of the exhaust gas showed high boiling point and viscosity in addition to a large amount of molecular weight alcohols and oil components. In this study, we tried to treat degrading materials by using the heat exchanger in a pretreatment facility and some materials degrading the concentrator were condensed more than 90%. In addition, it was also confirmed that an auxiliary device of the grease filter could remove the redispersion polymer oil from the heat exchanger.
- Air Quality Management Division, Design guidelines of volatile organic compound prevention facility, 10-51, The Ministry of Environment, Korea (2000).
- M. J. Jeon, S. H. Park, D. H. Lee, and Y. W. Jeon, Practical study of low-temperature vacuum swing adsorption process for vocs removal, Appl. Chem. Eng., 28, 332-338 (2017).
- S. M. Kwon, The literature of indoor VOCs characterization and control methodology, The Ministry of Environment, Korea (2001).
- S. O. Baek, Sampling and analytical methods for the determination of volatile organic compounds in ambient air, J. Korean Air Pollut. Res. Assoc., 12, 1-13 (1996).
- H. T. Jang and W. S. Cha, Study of the photodegradation properties of toluene using photocatalysts modified by metal matter, J. Korea Adad. Ind. Coop. Soc., 15, 6952-6957 (2014).
- C. S. Oh and K. H. Kim, Catalytic combustion technology to reduce and control air pollutants, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI) Report, Seoul, Korea (2005).
- H. S. Kim, Development of VOC concentrator with adsorptive rotor and catalytic combustion system for VOC abatement, Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER) Report, Dae-jeon, Korea (2003).
- S. H. Park, J. A. Shin, and H. D. Park, Exposure possibility to by-products during the processes of semiconductor manufacture, J. Korean Soc. Occup. Environ. Hyg., 22(1), 52-59 (2012).