- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Biomechanical Analysis on Change of Toe-out Angle in Squat
스쿼트 시 Toe-out 각도 변화에 따른 운동역학적 변인 분석
- Song, Hyeong Kyeong (Department of Physical Education, Graduate School of Konkuk University) ;
- So, Jae Moo (Department of Physical Education, College of Education, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2019.06.18
- Accepted : 2019.07.17
- Published : 2019.09.30
Objective: The aim of this study was to suggest correct and effective way of squat through biomechanical analysis variables on the change of the toe-out angle. Method: 7 high school male weightlifter (age:
- Abdel-Aziz, Y. i. & Karara, H. M. (1971). Direct linear transformation from comparator coordinates in object space coordinates in close range photogrammetry. Proceedings of the ASP Symposium of Close-Range Photogrammetry. Urbana: University of illinois..
- Chae, W. S., Jeong, H. K. & Jang, J. i. (2007). Effect of Different Heel Plates on Muscle Activities During the Squat. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 17(2), 113-121. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2007.17.2.113
- Choi, J. J. (2018). Effect of the Heights of Shoe insoles on Biomechanics of Squat Motions. Unpublished Master's Thsis. Graduate School of Chonnam National University.
- Cook, J. L., Khan, K. M. & Purdam, C. R. (2001). Conservative treatment of Paterllar Tendinopathy. Physical Sports Medicine, 28(6), 31-46.
- Donnelly, D. V., Berg, W. P. & Fiske, D. M. (2006). The Effect of the Direction of Gaze on the Kinematics of Squat Exercise. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 20(1), 145-150.
- Flanagan, S., Salem, G. J. & Wang, M. Y. (2003). Squatting Exercise in Older Adults: Kinematic and Kinetic Comparisons. Medicind and Science in Sports and Exercise, 35(4), 635. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000058364.47973.06
- Francis, R. S. & Scott, D. E. (1974). Hypertrophy of the vastus medialis in knee extensoin. Physical Therapy, 54(10), 1066-1070. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/54.10.1066
- Fry, A. C. (1993). Coaching Considerations for the Barbell Squat-Part i. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 15(2), 60-65. https://doi.org/10.1519/0744-0049(1993)015<0060:BOACDW>2.3.CO;2
- Fry, A. C. (1993). Coaching Considerations for the Barbell Squat-Part ii. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 15(3), 28-32. https://doi.org/10.1519/0744-0049(1993)015<0028:CCFTBS>2.3.CO;2
- Hanten, W. P. & Schulthies, S. S. (1990). Exercise effect on electromyographic activity of the vastus medialis oblique and vastus lateralis muscles. Physical Therapy, 70(9), 561-565. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/70.9.561
- Hyun, D. S., Ahn, H. J., Yeom, D. C., Won, J. H., Cho, J. Y. & Cho, i. H. (2013). The effect of different leg position during squat performance on power output of spinal and lower extremities in elite collegiate weight lifters. The Korean Journal of Sport, 11(4), 121-130.
- Jeon, H. J. (2006). Compare and Analyze the Effect of Three Types of Resistance Exercises--Squats, Leg Flexes and Leg Extensions--on Muscular Activity. Unpublished Master's Thsis. Graduate School of Kyungpook National University.
- Jun, Y. W. (2018). Comparative Study on Lower Limb Muscle Activities Depending on Toe Angles in Squat Movement. Unpublished Master's Thsis. Graduate School of Pukyong National University.
- Kim, H. S. (2014). A Comparative Analysis Through EMG of the Lower Half of the Body When Doing Full and Half Squat. Unpublished Master's Thsis. Graduate School of Pukyong National University.
- Kim, K. H., Choi, H. S. & Go, S. S. (2017). Effect of stance width and angles of knee on repetition, total work and EMG during squat. The Asian Journal of Kinesiology, 19(3), 27-34.
- Kim, Y. H. (2010). An Analysis of Muscle Activations by the increase of Load in Squat. Unpublished Master's Thsis. Graduate School of Education, Pusan University of Foreign Studies.
- Kim, Y. H. & Phuong, B. T. T. (2010). Analysis of Muscle Forces and Joint Moments during Squat Exercise. Journal of Korean Society for Precision Engineering, 987-988.
- Lam, P. L. & Na, G. Y. (2001). Activation of the quadriceps muscle during semisquatting with different hip and knee position in patients with anterior knee pain. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, 80(11), 804-808. https://doi.org/10.1097/00002060-200111000-00003
- Lee, S. D. (2010). Effect of weighs on lower extremity muscular activity during squat exercise. Unpublished Master's Thsis. Graduate School of Kookmin University.
- Lee, S. D., Lee, J. H., Park, E. J., Lee, K. K., Sohn, J. H., Ryue, J. J. & Kim, S. B. (2011). Kinematic, Kinetic and EMG Pattern During Squat Exercise in Smith Machine with Different Loads. Korean Journal of Sport Science, 22(2), 1884-1893. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2011.22.2.1884
- Lieb, F. J. & Perry, J. (1968). Quadriceps function. An anatomical and mechanical study using amputated limbs. Journal of Bon and Joint Surgery, 50, 1066-1070.
- Lorenzetti, S., Ostermann, M., Zeidler, F., Zimmer, P., Jentsch, L., List, R. & Schellenberg, F. (2018). How to Squat? Effect of Various Stance Width, Foot Placement Angles and Level of Experience on Knee, Hip and Trunk Motion and Loading. BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation, 10(1), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13102-018-0090-8
- Na, Y. C. (2013). Muscle Activity Analysis of Erector Spinae and Rectus Femoris Depending of Toe Out Angles in Squat Movement. Unpublished Master's Thsis. Graduate School of Chungmam National University.
- Park, H. S., Lee, S. N., Lee, T. H. & Park, G. D. (2016). Comparative Analysis on Muscle Activities of Lower Limb Depending on the Types and Load of Squat Exercise. The Korean Journal of Growth and Development, 24(1), 45-51.
- Park, S. H. (2011). Biomechanical analysis of Low Extremity Motion and the Low Back Loading During Squat. Unpublished Master's Thsis. Graduate School of Yonsei University.
- Pocock, G. (1963). Electromygraphic study of the quadriceps during resistance exercise. American Physical of Therapy Association, 43, 427-434.
- Son, W. W. (2007). A Study on Waist and Lower Extremities Muscle Activities According to Foot's Positions During Flexion/Extension of Legs. Unpublished Master's Thsis. Graduate School of Gangnung National University.
- Speakman, H. G. & Weisberg, J. (1977). The vastus medialis controversy. Physiotherapy, 63(8), 249-254.
- Statistics Korea. (2017). Survey on Citizens' Sports Participation.
- Walton, J. S. (1981). Close-range cine-photogrammetry: A generalized technique for quantifying gross human motion. Unpublished doctoral dissertation Thsis. Pennsylvania State University.
- Yoo, W. K., Lee, C. H. & Lee, H. J. (2004). Effects of a Combined Posture of the Lower Extremity on Activity of the Vastus Medialis Oblique Muscle and Vastus Lateralis Muscle During Static Squat Exercise. Physical Therapy Korea, 11(3), 1-9.
- Yoon, W. R., Park, S. H., Park, E. J., Jeong, C. H., Park, J. H. & Yoon, S. H. (2018). Effects of Center of Pressure on Muscle Activations and Joint Range Motion of Lower Extremities during Squat. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 28(1), 37-43.