- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influence of Augment Reality(AR) Types on Brand Attachment
증강현실 광고유형이 브랜드애착에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Eum, Seong-Won (International Trade and Marketing Div., Busan University of Foreign Studies)
- 엄성원 (부산외국어대학교 국제무역마케팅학부)
- Received : 2019.05.31
- Accepted : 2019.06.20
- Published : 2019.06.30
This study is a study on the consumer reaction to the augmented reality advertisement which is a recent issue. this study was conducted based on the necessity of marketing advertisement technique suitable for the 4th industrial revolution era. First, we present the types of augmented reality ads based on previous studies, and examined the effects of enjoyment and formation of brand attitudes on brand attachment on products or services based on the perceived value of consumers for these types of ads. This study is briefly summarized as follows. Hypothesis (H1) empirical value had a positive effect on pleasure, and hypothesis H2) empirical value also had a positive effect on brand attitude. Hypothesis (H3) symbolic value had a positive effect on pleasure and hypothesis (H4) symbolic value had positive influence on brand attitude. Hypothesis (H5) Practical value has a positive effect on pleasure. Hypothesis (H7) Pleasure affects positively (+) influence on brand attitude. Hypothesis (H8, H9) enjoyment affects affection and brand attitude affects affection positively. Hypothesis (H6) Practical value did not affect brand attitude positively. It can be seen that the augmented reality advertisement communicates with consumers through experience or symbolic side rather than perceive practical value by consumer. The implication of this study is that the augmented reality advertisement is highly interactive with consumers and can induce consumer participation. This means that consumers are more aware of empirical and symbolic values rather than experiencing practical value through augmented reality advertising.
Supported by : 부산외국어대학교
- 김기범.차영란.허성호(2006), "브랜드 신뢰경험의 구성 요소와 브랜드 신뢰, 브랜드 태도의 관계 분석," 광고학연구, 17(3), 107-124.
- 김상희(2011), "소비자의 정서적 즐거움과 인지적 즐거움," 경영학연구, 40(2), 255-295.
- 김중규(2013), "스마트폰의 증강현실을 활용한 광고의 속성이 광고태도와 브랜드태도, 구매의도에 미치는 영향," 한국차세대컴퓨팅학회논문지, 9(2), 24-35.
- 성정연.조재욱(2016), 증강현실 광고의 사용자경험에 대한 탐색적 연구.
- 안광호.이지은.전주언(2009), "브랜드 태도와 브랜드 애착 형성의 이중경로가 브랜드 충성도에 미치는 효과에 관한 연구," 광고학연구, 20(5), 67-89.
- 하동현(2012), "관광목적지 체험요소가 즐거움에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구-서비스품질의 조절효과를 중심으로," 한국사진지리학회지, 22(3), 127-138. https://doi.org/10.35149/JAKPG.2012.22.3.011
- Ajzen, I., and Fishbein, M. (1977), "Attitudebehavior relations: A theoretical analysis and review of empirical research," Psychological bulletin, 84(5), 888. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.84.5.888
- Azuma, R. T. (1997), "A survey of augmented reality," Presence: Teleoperators & Virtual Environments, 6(4), 355-385. https://doi.org/10.1162/pres.1918.104.22.1685
- Clore, G. L., Schwarz, N. & Conway, M. (1994), "Cognitive causes and consequences of emotion," Handbook of social cognition, 1, 323-417.
- Chan, Kimmy W. and Srella Y. Li(2010), "Understanding Customer to Customer Interactions in Virtual Communities : The Salience of Reciprocity," Journal of Marketing, 74(May), 48-64 https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.74.3.48
- Csikszentmihalyi, M. (1997), Flow and the psychology of discovery and invention, Harper Perennial, New York, 39.
- Milgram, P., Takemura, H., Utsumi, A. & Kishino, F. (1995, December), "Augmented reality: A class of displays on the realityvirtuality continuum," In Telemanipulator and telepresence technologies(Vol. 2351, pp. 282-293), International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- Grigorovici, D. M., & Constantin, C. D. (2004), "Experiencing interactive advertising beyond rich media: Impacts of ad type and presence on brand effectiveness in 3D gaming immersive virtual environments," Journal of Interactive Advertising, 5(1), 22-36. https://doi.org/10.1080/15252019.2004.10722091
- Fornell, C. and D. Larcker(1981), "Evaluation Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of Marketing Research, 18, 39-50. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378101800104
- Henseler, J., Ringle, C. M., and Sinkovics, R. R. (2009), "The use of partial least squares path modeling in international marketing," Advances in international marketing, 20, 277-319.
- Kleef, N., Noltes, J, & Spoel, S. (2010), Success factors for augmented reality business models, Enschede: University Twente.
- Lunardo, R., & Mbengue, A. (2009), "Perceived control and shopping behavior: The moderating role of the level of utilitarian motivational orientation," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 16(6), 434-441. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2009.06.004
- Nunnally, J. (1978), Psychometric methods, New York: McGraw.
- Richins, M. L. (1997), "Measuring emotions in the consumption experience," Journal of consumer research, 24(2), 127-146. https://doi.org/10.1086/209499
- Ringle, C. M., S. Wende and S. Will(2005), Smart PLS 2.0(M3) Beta, http://www.smartpls.de.
- Ryan, R. M., Connell, J. P., & Deci, E. L. (1985), A motivational analysis of selfdetermination and self-regulation in education, Research on motivation in education: The classroom milieu, 2, 13-51.
- Teo, T. S., Lim, V. K., & Lai, R. Y. (1999), "Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation in Internet usage," Omega, 27(1), 25-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-0483(98)00028-0
- Tenenhaus, M., Vinzi, V. E., Chatelin, Y. M., and Lauro, C. (2005), "PLS path modeling," Computational statistics & data analysis, 48(1), 159-205. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csda.2004.03.005
- Temme, D., Kreis, H., & Hildebrandt, L. (2006), "PLS path modeling: A software reiew," SFB 649 discussion paper.
- Jo, J. W. & Sung, J. Y. (2014), "Augmented Reality Advertisement Effect based on the Mediating Role of Diagnosticity and Psychological Distance," The Korean Journal of Advertising, 25(1), 203-221. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.1.15.203
- Van Kenhove, P., De Wulf, K. & Steenhaut, S. (2003), "The relationship between consumers' unethical behavior and customer loyalty in a retail environment," Journal of Business Ethics, 44(4), 261-278. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1023678507088
- Venkatesh, V., & Davis, F. D. (2000), "A theoretical extension of the technology acceptance model: Four longitudinal field studies," Management science, 46(2), 186-204. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.22.214.171.12426
- Voss, K. E., Spangenberg, E. R. & Grohmann, B. (2003), "Measuring the hedonic and utilitarian dimensions of consumer attitude," Journal of marketing research, 40(3), 310-320. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.40.3.310.19238
- Wetzels, M., Odekerken-Schroder, G., &Van Oppen, C. (2009), "Using PLS path modeling for assessing hierarchical construct models: guidelines and empirical illustration," Management Information Systems Quarterly, 33(1), 11.