- Volume 55 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Draft genome sequence of Pelagicola sp. DSW4-44 isolated from seawater
해수에서 분리된 Pelagicola sp. DSW4-44의 초안 유전체 서열분석
- Oh, Ji-Sung (Department of Microbiology, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Roh, Dong-Hyun (Department of Microbiology, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2019.08.12
- Accepted : 2019.08.18
- Published : 2019.09.30
The draft genome sequencing for Pelagicola sp. DSW4-44 (= KCTC 62762 = KCCM 43261), isolated from deep seawater of East Sea in Korea, was performed using Illumina HiSeq platform. As a result, the draft genome was comprised of a total length of approximately 4.85 Mbp with G + C content of 54.3%, and included a total of 4,566 protein-coding genes, 3 rRNA genes, 48 tRNA genes, 3 non-coding RNA genes, and 67 pseudo genes. In the draft genome, the strain DSW4-44 contained genes involved in the nitrogen metabolism of dissimilatory nitrate reduction to ammonium (DNRA) and denitrification, which were not found other strains in the genus Pelagicola.
Pelagicola sp. DSW4-44;draft genome sequence;Illumina HiSeq
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Kanehisa M, Sato Y, and Morishima K. 2016. BlastKOALA and GhostkOALA: KEGG tools for functional characterization of genome and metagenome sequences. J. Mol. Biol. 428, 726-731. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmb.2015.11.006
- Kim YG, Hwang CY, and Cho BC. 2008. Pelagicola litoralis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from coastal water in Korea. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. 58, 2102-2106. https://doi.org/10.1099/ijs.0.65820-0
- Lee I, Chalita M, Ha SM, Na SI, Yoon SH, and Chun J. 2017. ContEst16S: An algorithm that identifies contaminated prokaryotic genomes using 16S RNA gene sequences. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. 67, 2053-2057. https://doi.org/10.1099/ijsem.0.001872
- Park S, Jung YT, and Yoon JH. 2013. Pelagicola litorisediminis sp. nov., a novel alphaproteobacterium isolated from tidal flat sediment. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 104, 103-110. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10482-013-9930-4
- Pujalte MJ, Lucena T, Ruvira MA, Arahal DR, and Macian MC. 2014. The family Rhodobacteraceae, pp. 439-512. In Rosenberg E, DeLong EF, Lory S, Stackebrandt E, and Thompson, F. (eds.), The prokaryotes: Alphaproteobacteria and betaproteobacteria, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Tatusova T, DiCuccio M, Badretdin A, Chetvernin V, Nawrocki EP, Zaslavsky L, Lomsadze A, Pruitt KD, Borodovsky M, and Ostell J. 2016. NCBI prokaryotic genome annotation pipeline. Nucleic Acids Res. 44, 6614-6624. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkw569
- Zhao D, Li J, Lin S, Liang X, Lin X, and Sun X. 2018. Draft genome sequence of Pelagicola sp. strain LXJ1103, isolated from coastal surface seawater. Microbiol. Resour. Announc. 7, e00941-18.