- Volume 47 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Isolation and Characterization of Indole-3-acetic acid- and 1-aminocylopropane-1-carboxylyic Acid Deaminase-producing Bacteria Related to Environmental Stress
환경스트레스와 관련된 indole-3-acetic acid 및 1-aminocylopropane-1-carboxylyic acid deaminase 활성을 갖는 박테리아의 분리와 특성 연구
- Kim, Hee Sook (Food Research Center, Angel Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Ji-Youn (Food Research Center, Angel Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Song Min (Food Research Center, Angel Co., Ltd.) ;
- Park, Hye-Jung (Food Research Center, Angel Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hyeon (Major in Pharmaceutical Engineering, Division of Bioindustry, Silla University) ;
- Jang, Jeong Su (Food Research Center, Angel Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Mun Hyon (Food Research Center, Angel Co., Ltd.)
- 김희숙 ((주)엔젤 식품연구소) ;
- 김지윤 ((주)엔젤 식품연구소) ;
- 이송민 ((주)엔젤 식품연구소) ;
- 박혜정 ((주)엔젤 식품연구소) ;
- 이상현 (신라대학교 바이오산업학부 제약공학전공) ;
- 장정수 ((주)엔젤 식품연구소) ;
- 이문현 ((주)엔젤 식품연구소)
- Received : 2019.04.01
- Accepted : 2019.04.29
- Published : 2019.09.28
In this study, strains isolated from soil samples collected from Busan, Changwon, and Jeju Island were examined to verify their abilities of phosphate solubilization and nitrogen fixation, production of indole-3-acetic acid (IAA), siderophore, and 1-aminocylopropane-1-carboxylyic acid (ACC) deaminase in order to select strains that promote plant growth and play a role in biocontrol of pests or pathogens. According to the results of this study, most of the isolated strains were found to have ability of phosphate solubilization, nitrogen fixation, IAA production, siderophore production, and production of ACC deaminase. These isolated strains might help plant growth by directly improving absorption of nutrients essential for phosphate solubilization and nitrogen fixation. In addition, they can promote plant growth and control resistance to plant diseases through extracellular enzyme activity and antifungal activity. In addition, most of the selected strains were found to survive in various environmental conditions such as temperature, salinity, and pH. Therefore, Pseudomonas plecoglossicida ANG14, Pseudarthrobacter equi ANG28, Beijerinckia fluminensis ANG34, and Acinetobacter calcoaceticus ANG35 were finally selected through a comparative advantage analysis to suggest their potential as novel biological agents. Further studies are necessary in order to prove their efficacy as novel biological agents through formulation and optimization of effective microorganisms, their preservation period, and crop cultivation tests.
1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid deaminase;indole acetic acid;phosphate solubilization;siderophores
- Adelantado C, Shiva C, Arosemena L, Costa-Batllori L, Calvo MA. 2007. Enzymatic mechanisms related to antimicrobial activity of Rutaceae extracts. J. Biol. Sci. 7: 71-73. https://doi.org/10.3923/jbs.2007.71.73
- Glick BR, Penrose DM, Li J. 1998. A model for the lowering of plant ethylene concentrations by plant growth promoting bacteria. J. Theor. Biol. 190: 63-68. https://doi.org/10.1006/jtbi.1997.0532
- Bakker AW, Schippers B. 1987. Microbial cyanide production in the rhizosphere in relation to potato yield reduction and Pseudomonas spp-mediated plant growth-stimulation. Soil Biol. Biochem. 19: 451-457. https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-0717(87)90037-X
- Ma Y, Rajkumar M, Freitas H. 2009. Isolation and characterization of Ni mobilizing PGPB from serpentine soils and their potential in promoting plant growth and Ni accumulation by Brassica spp. Chemosphere 75: 719-725. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2009.01.056
- Khan MS, Zaidi A, Ahemad M, Oves M, Wani PA. 2010. Plant growth promotion by phosphate solubilizing fungi - current perspective. Arch. Agron. Soil Sci. 56: 73-98. https://doi.org/10.1080/03650340902806469
- Saber K, Nahla L, Ahemed D, Chedly A. 2005. Effect of P on nodule formation and N fixation in bean. Agron. Sustain. Dev. 25: 389-393. https://doi.org/10.1051/agro:2005034
- Hong SW, Shin KC, Lee EY. 2010. Characterizaiton of nitrogen fixing bacteria Mycobacterium homini sp. AKC-10 isolated from the wetland. Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 38: 302-307.
- Gupta G, Parihar SS, Ahirwar NK, Snehi SK, Singh V. 2015. Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR): current and future prospects for development of sustainable agriculture. J. Microbiol. Biochem. Technol. 7: 96-102.
- Mori K, Lee HT, Rapoport D, Drexler IR, Foster K, Yang J, et al. 2005. Endocytic delivery of lipocalin-siderophore-iron complex rescues the kidney from ischemia-reperfusion injury. J. Clin. Invest. 115: 610-621. https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI23056
- Glick BR. 2005. Modulation of plant ethylene levels by the bacterial enzyme ACC deaminase. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 250: 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.femsle.2005.06.028
- Glick BR. 2003. Phytoremediation: synergistic use of plants and bacteria to clean up the environment. Biotechnol. Adv. 21: 383-393. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0734-9750(03)00055-7
- Barnawal D, Bharti N, Maji D, Chanotiya C, Kalra A. 2014. ACC deaminase-containing Arthrobacter protophormiae induces NaCl stress tolerance through reduced ACC oxidase activity and ethylene production resulting in improved nodulation and mycorrhization in Pisum sativum. J. Plant Physiol. 171: 884-894. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jplph.2014.03.007
- Ahemad M, Kibret M. 2014. Mechanisms and applications of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria: current perspective. J. King Saud Univ. Sci. 26: 1-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksus.2013.05.001
- Lee KK, Mok IK, Yoon MH, Kim HJ, Chung DY. 2012. Mechanisms of phosphate solubilization by PSB (phosphate-solubilizing bacteria) in soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45: 169-176. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.169
- Leveau JHJ, Lindow SE. 2005. Utilization of the plant hormone indole-3-acetic acid for growth by Pseudomonas putida strain 1290. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 71: 2365-2371. https://doi.org/10.1128/AEM.71.5.2365-2371.2005
- Um YR, Kim BR, Jeong JJ, Chung CM, Lee Y. 2014. Identification of endophytic bacteria in Panax ginseng seeds and their potential for plant growth promotion. Korean J. Med. Crop Sci. 22: 306-312. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2014.22.4.306
- Pande A, Pandey P, Mehra S, Singh M, Kaushik S. 2017. Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of phosphate solubilizing bacteria and their efficiency on the growth of maize. J. Genet. Eng. Biotechnol. 15: 379-391. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jgeb.2017.06.005
- Ali SS, Vidhale NN. 2013. Bacterial siderophore and their application : a review. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 2: 303-312.
- Miller GL. 1959. Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugar. Anal. Chem. 31: 426-428. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60147a030
- Shin PY, Cho SJ. 2011. Cellulase and xylanase activity of compost-promoting bacteria Bacillus sp. SJ21. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44: 836-840. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.836
- Oh DG, Jang YK, Woo JE, Kim JS, Lee CH. 2016. Metabolomics reveals the effect of garlic on antioxidant- and protease-activities during Cheonggukjang (fermented soybean paste) fermentation. Food Res. Int. 82: 86-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2016.01.019
- Arshad M, Shaharoona B, Mahmood T. 2008. Inoculation with Pseudomonas spp. containing ACC-deaminase partially eliminates the effects of drought stress on growth, yield, and ripening of pea (Pisum sativum L.). Pedosphere 18: 611-620. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1002-0160(08)60055-7
- Lee ES, Hong GS. 2010. Plant growth promotion by purple nonsulfur Rhodopseudomonas faecalis strains. Korean J. Microbiol. 46: 157-161.
- Dimkpa C, Weinand T, Asch F. 2009. Plant-rhizobacteria interactions alleviate abiotic stress conditions. Plant Cell Environ. 32: 1682-1694. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3040.2009.02028.x
- Mahajan S, Tuteja N. 2005. Cold, salinity and drought stresses: an overview. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 444: 139-158. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.abb.2005.10.018
- Zou X, Binkley D, Doxtader KG. 1992. A new method for estimating gross phosphorus mineralization and immobilization rates in soils. Plant Soil 147: 243-250. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00029076
- Ham MS, Park YM, Sung HR, Marilyn Sumayo, Ryu CM, Park SH, et al. 2009. Characterization of rhizobacteria isolated from family Solanaceae plants in Dokdo Island. Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 37: 110-117.
- Jung HI, Kim KK, Park HC, Lee SM, Kim YG, Kim HS, et al. 2007. Isolation and characterisitics of bacteria showing biocontrol and biofertilizing activities. Korean J. Life Sci. 17: 1682-1688. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2007.17.12.1682
Pandey P, Kang SC, Gupta CP, Maheshwari DK. 2005. Rhizosphere competent Pseudomonas aeruginosa
$GRC_1$produces characteristic siderophore and enhances growth of Indian mustard (Brassica campestris). Curr. Microbiol. 51: 303-309. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00284-005-0014-1
- Neilands JB. 1981. Iron absorption and transport in microorganisms. Annu. Rev. Nutr. 1: 27-46. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.nu.01.070181.000331
- Jung HK, Kim JR, Woo SM, Kim SD. 2006. An auxin producing plant growth promoting rhizobacterium Bacillus subtilis AH18 which has siderophore-producing biocontrol activity. Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 34: 94-100.
- Kim YS, Kim SW, Kabir Lamsal, Lee YS. 2016. Evaluation of rhizobacterial isolates for their antagonistic effects against various phytopathogenic fungi. Korean J. Mycol. 44: 36-47. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2016.44.1.36