- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Association between the Computerized Neurocognitive Function Test, Computer Experience, and Satisfaction in the Elderly
노인의 전산화 신경인지 검사와 만족도, 컴퓨터 이용경험 사이의 연관성
- Received : 2019.07.25
- Accepted : 2019.09.02
- Published : 2019.09.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between the neurocognitive function test (CN Test), computer experience, and satisfaction in the elderly. We recruited 52 healthy elderly persons (25 males and 27 females) for this study. The subjects did the CN Test (accuracy, response time) and evaluated their computer experience and satisfaction with the CN Test. We used the independent t test and Pearson correlations for statistical analysis. The elderly without computer experience were older than the elderly with computer experience (p < .05) and education level was lower (p < .05). The elderly with computer experience were higher the satisfaction than the elderly without computer experience, the CN Test was more accurate, and response time was faster (p < .05). In the correlation analysis, the higher the age and the lower the education level, the lower the accuracy of the CN Test and the faster the response time (p < .05). Satisfaction was negatively correlated with age, and was statistically correlated with education level (p < .05). The satisfaction level with the CN Test by the elderly has a moderate relationship with the level of education and computer experience.
- http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=101&tblId=DT_1BPA002&conn_path=I2, 2019.07.02
- T. Monma, F. Takeda, H. Noguchi, and N. Tamiya, "Age and sex differences of risk factors of activity limitations in Japanese older adults," Geriatrics & gerontology international, Vol.16, No.6, pp.670-678, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1111/ggi.12533
- S. H. Lee and D. W. Lee, "On Issue and Outlook of wearable Computer based on Technology in Convergence," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.6, No.3, pp.73-78, 2015.
- Y. S. Yoo and H. J. Son, "Research on Relationships between Internet Use and the Elderlys Life Quality," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.12, No.4, pp.235-244, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.04.235
- K. Ball, D. B. Berch, K. F. Helmers, J. B. Jobe, M. D. Leveck, M. Marsiske, and S. L. Willis, "Effects of cognitive training interven- tions with older adults. A randomized controlled trial," The Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol.288, pp.2271-2281, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.18.2271
- T. A. Salthouse, D. E. Berish, and J. D. Miles, "The role of cognitive stimulation on the relations between age and cognitive functioning," Psychology & Aging, Vol.17, No.4, pp.548-557, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/0882-79220.127.116.118
- P. A. Tun and M. E. Lachman, "The association between computer use and cognition across adulthood: Use it so you won't lose it?," Psychology & Aging, Vol.25, No.3, pp.560-568, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0019543
- A. Collie, D. Darby, and P. Maruff, "Computerised cognitive assessment of athletes with sports related head injury," British journal of sports medicine, Vol.35, No.5, pp.297-302, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.35.5.297
- K. Wild, D. Howieson, F. Webbe, A. Seelye, and J. Kaye, "Status of computerized cognitive testing in aging: a systematic review," Alzheimer's & Dementia, Vol.4, No.6, pp.428-437, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jalz.2008.07.003
- J. Fredrickson, P. Maruff, M. Woodward, L. Moore, A. Fredrickson, J. Sach, and D. Darby, "Evaluation of the usability of a brief computerized cognitive screening test in older people for epidemiological studies," Neuroepidemiology, Vol.34, No.2, pp.65-75, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1159/000264823
- J. H. Park, M. Jung, J. Kim, H. Y. Park, J. R. Kim, and J. H. Park, "Validity of a novel computerized screening test system for mild cognitive impairment," International Psychogeriatrics, Vol.30, No.10, pp.1455-1463, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1041610218000923
- S. J. Czaja and J. Sharit, "Age differences in attitudes toward computers," The Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, Vol.53, No.5, pp.329-340, 1998.
- H. Yoon, Y. Jang, and B. Xie, "Computer use and computer anxiety in older Korean Americans," Journal of Applied Gerontology, Vol.35, No.9, pp.1000-1010, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1177/0733464815570665
- S. J. Cutler, J. Hendricks, and A. Guyer, "Age differences in home computer availability and use," The Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Social Sciences, Vol.58, No.5, pp.271-280, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/58.5.S271
- H. S. Park, N. Y. Yang, J. H. Moon, C. Yu, and S. M. Jeong, "The Validity of Reliability of Computerized Comprehensive Neurocognitive Function Test in the Elderly," Journal of Rehabilitation Welfare Engineering & Assistive Technology, Vol.11, No.4, pp.339-348, 2017.
- J. Singer, "Determination of the minimal clinically significant difference on a patient visual analog satisfaction scale," Academic Emergency Medicine, Vol.5, No.10, pp.1007-1011, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1553-2712.1998.tb02781.x
- P. L. Fazeli, L. A. Ross, D. E. Vance, and K. Ball, "The relationship between computer experience and computerized cognitive test performance among older adults," Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, Vol.68, No.3, pp.337-346, 2012.
- D. F. Hultsch, C. Hertzog, B. J. Small, and R. A. Dixon, "Use it or lose it: Engaged lifestyle as a buffer of cognitive decline in aging?," Psychology & Aging, Vol.14, No.2, pp.245-263, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1037/0882-7918.104.22.168
- M. Bonenberger, M. Aikins, P. Akweongo, and K. Wyss, "The effects of health worker motivation and job satisfaction on turnover intention in Ghana: a cross-sectional study," Human resources for health, Vol.12, No.1, p.43, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1186/1478-4491-12-43
- S. K. Inouye, M. S. Albert, R. Mohs, K. Sun, and L. F. Berkman, "Cognitive performance in a high-functioning community-dwelling elderly population," The Journals of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, Vol.48, No.4, pp.M146-M151, 1993.
- R. H. Paul, J. Lawrence, L. M. Williams, C. C. Richard, N. Cooper, and E. Gordon, "Preliminary validity of "integneuroTM": A new computerized battery of neurocognitive tests," International Journal of Neuroscience, Vol.115, No.11, pp.1549-1567, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207450590957890
- J. Persson, L. Nyberg, J. Lind, A. Larsson, L. G. Nilsson, M. Ingvar, and R. L. Buckner, "Structure-function correlates of cognitive decline in aging," Cerebral cortex, Vol.16, No.7, pp.907-915, 2005.
- C. B. Hall, C. Derby, A. LeValley, M. J. Katz, J. Verghese, and R. B. Lipton, "Education delays accelerated decline on a memory test in persons who develop dementia," Neurology, Vol.69, No.17, pp.1657-1664, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1212/01.wnl.0000278163.82636.30
- I. J. Lee, "Comparison of level and correlates of depression among the young old, the older old, and the oldest old : focused on moderating role of psychosocial resources on the effect of worry," Korean Journal of Social Welfare Education, Vol.38, pp.1-24, 2017.
- J. S. Kim and Y. J. Chang, "Satisfaction Determinants of Rehabilitation Care Group Inpatients in Rehabilitation Long-term Care Hospitals," The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.10, No.4, pp.61-73, 2016. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.4.061