- Volume 19 Issue 9
Prevention is very important in terms of the fact that the percentage of people in their 10s and 20s experience noise-prone hearing is so serious that it can lead to serious hearing later on. This study examines the effect of the hearing loss prevention public advertisement message on the hearing loss prevention intent of the acceptor according to the type of framing(positive/negative) and self-efficacy information provision (provide information/do not provide information). The perceived risk and future time orientation as individual characteristics of individual participants were set as variables that could influence the message effect. In this paper, we propose a message expression method and effective message delivery method in the aspect of message strategy and effect of execution when promoting understanding and interest in hearing loss prevention.
Hearing Loss;Prevention;Campaign;Message;College Student
- 이데일리, 이어폰 통한 지속되는 고음 노출... 청력저하 원인될 수도, 2017(3.20).
- 한국일보, 치료 힘든 난청, 청소년 5명 중 1명이 앓고 있다, 2019(3.5).
- A. Kuhberger, "The Influence of Framing on Risky Decisions: A Meta-Analysis," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol.75, No.1, pp.23-55, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1006/obhd.1998.2781
- D. J. O'Keefe and J. D. Jensen, "The Relative Persuasiveness of Gain-framed and Loss-Framed Messages for Encouraging Disease Prevention Behaviors: A Meta-Analytic Review," Journal of Health Communication, Vol.12, No.7, pp.623-644, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730701615198
- D. J. O'Keefe and J. D. Jensen, The Advantages of Compliance or the Disadvantages of Noncompliance? A Meta-Analytic Review of the Relative Persuasive Effectiveness of Gain-Framed and Loss-Framed Messages. In C. S. Beck (Ed.), Communication yearbook 30 (pp.1-43), Mahwah, NJ, US: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers, 2006.
- D. Kahneman and A. Tversky, "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision Under Risk," Econometrica, Vol.47, No.2, pp.263-291, 1979. https://doi.org/10.2307/1914185
- L. R. Umphrey, "The Effects of Message Framing and Message Processing on Testicular Self-Examination Attitudes and Perceived Susceptibility," Communication Research Reports, Vol.20, No.2, pp.97-105, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/08824090309388805
- K. M, Gallagher and J. A. Updegraff, "Health Message Framing Effects on Attitudes, Intentions, and Behavior: A Meta-Analytic Review," Annals of Behavioral Medicine, Vol.43, No.1, pp.101-116, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12160-011-9308-7
- 선혜진, "자살예방 캠페인 메시지의 커뮤니케이션 효과에 관한 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제18권, 제3호, pp.183-195, 2018.
- 이진우, "정치홍보 캠페인의 메시지 프레이밍 효과: 전망 이론을 중심으로," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제18권, 제10호, pp.30-39, 2018.
- 이승조, "이타적 성향과 긍․부정 프레이밍이 국제기아 돕기 캠페인의 효과에 미치는 영향: 친밀감의 매개 역할 검증과 함께," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제17권, 제7호, pp.332-343, 2017.
- A. Bandura and N. E. Adams, "Analysis of Self-Efficacy Theory of Behavioral Change," Cognitive Therapy and Research, Vol.1, No.4, pp.287-310, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01663995
- J. Van't Riet, R. A. Ruiter, M. Q. Werrij, and H. De Vries, "Self-Efficacy Moderates Message-Framing Effects: The Case of Skin-Cancer Detection," Psychology and Health, Vol.25, No.3, pp.339-349, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/08870440802530798
- L. L. Lee, A. Arthur, and M. Avis, "Using Self-Efficacy Theory to Develop Interventions That Help Older People Overcome Psychological Barriers to Physical Activity: A Discussion Paper," International Journal of Nursing Studies, Vol.45, No.11, pp.1690-1699, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2008.02.012
- 김준홍, 윤영민, "공중보건 캠페인에서 메시지의 설득적 효과에 영향을 미치는 요인: AIDS 질병영역을 중심으로," 홍보학연구, 제14권, 제1호, pp.83-123, 2010.
- R. Ferrer and W. M. Klein, "Risk Perceptions and Health Behavior," Current Opinion of Psychology, Vol.1, No.5, pp.85-89, 2015.
- 김정현, 메시지 프레이밍과 소구유형, 지각된 위험 및 자기검색도가 지구온난화 경고 공익광고 효과에 미치는 영향, 한국방송광고공사, 2008.
- 김은혜, 조수영, "메시지 프레이밍과 수용자의 미래지향적 성향이 건강메시지 설득효과에 미치는 영향," 홍보학연구, 제17권, 제3호, pp.77-119, 2013.
- C. E. Lockenhoff and L. L. Carstensen, "Socioemotionall Selectivity Theory, Againg, and Health: The Increasingly Delicate Balance Between Regulating Emotions and Making Tough Choices," Journal of Personality, Vol.72, pp.1395-1424, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-6494.2004.00301.x
- K. A. Keough, P. G. Zimbardo, and J. N. Boyd, "Who's Smoking, Drinking, and Using Drugs? Time Perspective as a Predictor of Substance Use," Basic and Applied Social Psychology, Vol.21, pp.149-164, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15324834BA210207
- J. Adams, "The Role of Time Perspective in Smoking Cessation Amongst Older English Adults," Health Psychology, Vol.28, pp.529-534, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0015198
- S. Rothspan and S. J. Read, "Present versus Future Time Perspective and HIV Risk among Heterosexual College Students," Health Psychology, Vol.15, pp.131-134, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-6184.108.40.206
- T. Mann, "Effects of Future Writing and Optimism on Health Behaviors in HIV Infected Women," Annals of Behavioral Medicine, Vol.23, pp.26-33, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15324796ABM2301_5
- S. Orbell, M. Perugini, and T. Rakow, "Individual Differences in Sensitivity to Health Communications: Consideration of Future Consequences," Health Psychology, Vol.23, pp.388-396, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-6220.127.116.118
- S. Orbell and M. Kyriakaki, "Temporal Framing and Persuasion to Adopt Preventive Health Behavior: Moderating Effects of Individual Differences in Consideration of Future Consequences on Sunscreen Use," Health Psychology, Vol.27, pp.770-779, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-618.104.22.1680
- J. P. Ziegelmann, S. Lippke, and R. Schwarzer, "Subjective Residual Life Expectancy in Health Self-Regulation," Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, Vol.61, No.4, pp.195-201, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/61.4.P195
- L. E. Napper, D. G. Fisher, and G. L. Reynolds, "Development of the Perceived Risk of HIV Scale," AIDS Behavior, Vol.16, pp.1075-1083, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10461-011-0003-2
- J. Husman and D. Shell, "Beliefs and Perceptions about the Future: A Measurement of Future Time Perspective," Learning and Individual Differences, Vol.18, pp.166-175, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lindif.2007.08.001