- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting Intention to Quit Smoking of Current Smokers by Gender
성별에 따른 흡연자의 금연의도 관련 요인
- Received : 2019.01.10
- Accepted : 2019.03.08
- Published : 2019.09.28
This study is to identify the factors related to smokers' intention to quit smoking and the differences between male and female smokers. We used data from Community Health Survey of 2017 and a total of 39,435 participated in the study. It was analyzed through IBM SPSS Statistics 23.0 to conduct frequency analysis and binary logistic regression analysis. We found that gender, age, marital status, education, household income, subjective health, attempts to quit smoking, exposure to quit smoking campaigns, education to quit smoking, and number of cigarettes per day are related to the smokers' intention to quit smoking. For male smokers, education and household income are relevant to their intention to quit smoking, unlike female smokers. The findings suggest that smoking cessation campaigns and education are necessary for smokers with low level of education or income. Further, it indicates that gender differences should be taken into consideration upon intervention program.
Supported by : Eulji University
- 박선섭, "흡연과 건강관리," 보건교육건강증진학회지, 제6권, 제2호, pp.66-75, 1989.
- https://monographs.iarc.fr/list-of-classifications-volumes/, 2019.2.20.
- http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.sdg.3-a-viz?lang=en, 2019.2.20.
- World Health Organization, WHO Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic, 2009: implementing smoke-free environments, Geneva: World Health Organization, 2009.
- 구 담배전매법(1986. 12. 26. 법률 제4065호로 개정되기 전의 것) 제29조.
- 국민건강증진법 제9조.
- http://www.nosmokeguide.go.kr/lay2/bbs/S1T33C44/H/65/view.do?article_seq=123&tag_name=&cpage=1&rows=10&condition=&keyword=&cat=&rn=5, 2019.3.15.
- C. C. DiClemente, J. O. Prochaska, S. K. Fairhurst, W. F. Velicer, M. M. Velasquez, and J. S. Rossi, "The process of smoking cessation: An analysis of precontemplation, contemplation, and preparation stages of change," Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol.59, No.2, pp.295-304, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.59.2.295
- 안혜란, "지역사회 거주 성인남성의 금연의도 관련요인," 지역사회간호학회지, 제26권, 제4호, pp.364-371, 2015. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2015.26.4.364
- 박경연, "한국 흡연여성의 금연의도 영향요인," 기본간호학회지, 제21권, 제3호, pp.253-263, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.3.253
- 김정순, 유정옥, 김묘성, "지역사회 거주 노인의 금연의도 영향요인," 지역사회간호학회지, 제23권, 제4호, pp.358-365, 2012. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2012.23.4.358
- M. Siahpush, R. Borland, H. H. Yong, F. Kin, and B. Sirirassamee, "Socio-economic variations in tobacco consumption, intention to quit and self-efficacy to quit among male smokers in Thailand and Malaysia: results from the International Tobacco Control-South-East Asia (ITC-SEA) survey," Addiction, Vol.103, No.3, pp.502-508, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2007.02113.x
- 질병관리본부, 지역사회건강조사 2017년 원시자료 이용지침서, 청주: 질병관리본부, 2018.
- IBM, SPSS version 23.0 (Statistical Packages for Social Science Inc.), Chicago, IL, USA, 2014.
- 연정운, 김형수, 이건세, 장성훈, 최희정, 함은미, 명준표, "성인 남성의 금연 준비단계에 영향을 미치는 요인," 대한간호학회지, 제42권, 제3호, pp.377-384, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.3.377
- J. K. Cataldo, "Clinical implications of smoking and aging: breaking through the barriers," Journal of Gerontological Nursing, Vol.33, No.8, pp.32-41, 2007.
- P. Fagan, E. Augustson, C. L. Backinger, M. E. O'Connell, Jr, R. E. Vollinger, A. Kaufman, and J. T. Gibson, "Quit attempts and intention to quit cigarette smoking among young adults in the United States," American journal of public health, Vol.97, No.8, pp.1412-1420, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2006.103697
- M. Siahpush, A. McNeill, R. Borland, and G. T. Fong, "Socioeconomic variations in nicotine dependence, self-efficacy, and intention to quit across four countries: findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country Survey," Tobacco control, Vol.15, suppl 3, pp.iii71-iii75, 2006.
- S. Kerr, H. Watson, D. Tolson, M. Lough, and M. Brown, "Smoking after the age of 65 years: a qualitative exploration of older current and former smokers' views on smoking, stopping smoking, and smoking cessation resources and services," Health & social care in the community, Vol.14, No.6, pp.572-582, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2524.2006.00659.x
- P. Marques-Vidal, J. Melich-Cerveira, F. Paccaud, G. Waeber, P. Vollenweider, and J. Cornuz, "Prevalence and factors associated with difficulty and intention to quit smoking in Switzerland," BMC public health, Vol.11, No.1, p.227, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-227
- 김영희, 서남숙, 강혜영, "일 농촌지역 성인흡연자의 금연변화단계별 니코틴의존도, 흡연태도, 및 주관적 규범," 대한간호학회지, 제36권, 제6호, pp.1023-1032, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.6.1023
- A. Hyland, Q. Li, J. E. Bauer, G. A. Giovino, C. Steger, and K. M. Cummings, "Predictors of cessation in a cohort of current and former smokers followed over 13 years," Nicotine & Tobacco Research, Vol.6, Suppl 3, pp.S363-S369, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/14622200412331320761
- 김철규, 박승미, "지역사회에 거주하는 여성과 남성 노인의 우울 위험요인 비교," 대한간호학회지, 제42권, 제1호, 2012.