- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Actual Status of Users of Public Nature Burial and Cremated Bodies Using the Public Cremation Facilities in the Capital Area through the Funeral Information System and the Activation Plan of the Public Nature Burial
- Choi, Jae-sil (Department of Mortuary Science, Eulji University) ;
- Kim, Jeong-lae (Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eulji University)
- Received : 2019.07.27
- Accepted : 2019.08.09
- Published : 2019.09.30
In the study, we suggest that the activation plan of the public nature burial in the capital area through funeral information system as follows. First, according to the report on the social survey announced by the National Statistical Office in December 2017, the Korean people's preference of nature burial was 43.6% while the actual utilization rate of national nature burial in 2017 was only 8.8%, which showed a huge gap between preference and utilization rate of nature burial. Therefore, through the activities to improve the awareness of nature burial by performing the national promotion and education, and also the investment for the expansion or improvement of nature burial facilities in the level of central government and local government, the preference of nature burial should be led to the actual demand. Second, during the period from 2011 to 2018, the utilization rate of public nature burial in the capital area was annually increased by average 26.9%, which showed the huge increase of demand for nature burial. Thus, each local government should carry forward the policies for expanding the supply of public nature burial focusing on the woodland burial showing the high preference of users of public nature burial. Third, even though the public cremation facilities are installed or operated by local governments in the capital area, Seongnam City without the public cremation facilities should install the public nature burial for the enhancement of users convenience by providing the One Stop Total Funeral Service.
Funeral Information System;Capital Area;Public Cremation Facilities;Cremated Bodies;Public Nature Burial
- Korea Laws Information Center, "Act on Funeral Services, etc", 2019.8.10.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, "Press Release", 2019.1.21.
- J.S. Choi and J.L. Kim, "Statistical Analysis of the Usage Type of Online Cremation Reservation Service in Funeral Information System: Focused on the Public Cremation Facilities of Incheon Metropolitan City", The Journal of the Institute of Internet Broadcasting and Communication (IJIBC), Vol.10, No.4, pp.12-18, 2018. DOI: 10.7236/IJIBC. 2018.10.4.12. https://doi.org/10.7236/IJIBC.2018.10.4.12
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, guide of funeral business of 2019, p. 215.
- Incheon Metropolitan City Facilities Management Corporation, http://www.insiseol.or.kr, 2019.8.5.
- Seoul Metropolitan City Facilities Management Corporation, http://www.sisul.or.kr, 2019.8.5.
- Suwon Urban Development Corporation, https://www.suwonudc.co.kr, 2019.8.5.
- Yongin urban Corporation, https://www.yuc.co.kr, 2019.8.5.
- Seoul Metropolitan City Facilities Management Corporation, Data of Request to Information Disclosure, 2018.7.13, 2019.1.30, 2019.8.13.
- Suwon Urban Development Corporation, Data of Request to Information Disclosure, 2018.7.16, 2019.2.13, 2019.8.12.
- Yongin urban Corporation, Data of Request to Information Disclosure, 2018.7.13, 2019.3.18, 2019.8.14.
- Incheon Metropolitan City Facilities Management Corporation, Data of Request to Information Disclosure, 2018.7.11, 2019.3.27, 2019.8.21.
- J.S. Choi, and J.L. Kim, "Analysis on Types of Cremation Usage in Ehaneul Funeral Information System through Online Reservation Service: Focused on the Public Cremation Facilities of Seoul Metropolitan City", The Journal of the Institute of Internet Broadcasting and Communication (JIIBC), Vol.18, No.2, pp.133-139, 2018. DOI: 10.7236/JIIBC.2018.18.2.133. https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2018.18.2.133
- J.S. Choi, and J.L. Kim, "A Study on the Using State of Cremation Facilities in Each Jurisdiction Area and Outside of the Jurisdiction Area Targeting Users of Online Cremation Reservation Service in Funeral Information System in the Capital Area", The Journal of the Institute of Internet Broadcasting and Communication (IJASC),Vol.8, No.2, pp.191-198, 2019. DOI: 10.7236/IJASC.2019.8.2.191. https://doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2019.8.2.191
- Ministry of Health &Welfare, "Press Release", 2011-2017.
- Statistics Korea, "Social Indicator in Korea", 2017.