- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Interactive Advertisement that Feels and Experiences
- Kim, Yuji (Department of Global Media, Soongsil University) ;
- Lim, Chan (Department of Global Media, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2019.06.19
- Accepted : 2019.06.30
- Published : 2019.09.30
In this paper, we propose and implement VVVV base interactive advertisement. It has now expanded from the traditional marketing methods of television, radio, newspapers and magazines to become a digital marketing era. However, it is still in the form of infusion-type advertising, similar to traditional marketing techniques. For more innovative we put story and design elements into digital technology. Consumers will feel fresh excitement as they experience advertising. Emotional stories and image will also provide an element for customers to talk to each other. The propose advertisement is design to recognize the movement of people in the corridor by using Arduino and ultrasonic sensor installed in the passageway where many people pass. Arduino and VVVV takes people's movements for a values. This values change the advertising image. In this case, we applied the mask in VVVV so that the image to be reproduced and the image of the background role are displayed when the person passes the sensor. By realizing this interactive advertisement, the objective is to increase the buyer's purchasing power by approaching the buyer more effectively than the existing advertisement.
VVVV;Interactive AD;Arduino;Ultrasonic sensor
- Philip Kotler, Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital, Wiley, pp. 208, 2016.
- Scott, Linda M, "Images in advertising: The need for a theory of visual rhetoric," in Journal of consumer research, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 252-273, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1086/209396
- J. Jung and Y. Min, "BTL communication way of interactive media for the brand experiential marketing" Archives of Design Research in Korean Society of Design Science, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 405-432, 2013.
- S. Y. Jung, "A Study on Analysis of Viral Ads Type Encouraging Consumer Participation", JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN SOCIETY DESIGN CULTURE(The Korean Society Of Design Culture), Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 690-703, 2011.
- S. C. Yoo and I. K. Shin, "Digital Signage Media Creative : A Study for the Media Typology and Advertising Creative Strategy for Digital Signage," The Korean Journal of Advertising, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 81-108, Aug 2018.
- C. Bauer, N. Kryvinska and C. Strauss, "The Business with Digital Signage for Advertising," in Information and Communication Technologies in Organizations and Society, pp. 285-302, Jan.25, 2016.
- K. S. Lee, "Research for outdoor advertisement and public-sign designs in the public design," in Journal of Korea Society of Design Forum, Vol. 25, 2009.
- K. P. Kim, C. M. Lee, "An Exploratory study on Dimensions of Brand Experience through Digital Signage," Journal of Outdoor Advertising Research(KOREAN ACADEMY OF OOH ADVERTISING), Vol. 15, No.1, pp. 18-45, 2018.
- J. Kim, Y. Lee, W. Baek, and B. An, "Implementation of Untouched Interactive Digital Signage Control using Kinect," The Journal of the Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 127-132, Aug 2014.
- Detect human movement with Arduino. https://kogun.tistory.com/30