- Volume 47 Issue 5
This study evaluated the multi-bonding performances of timbers as well as those of reinforcement and timber to obtain data for preparing guidelines regarding the use of timbers as large structural members. For the multi-bonding performances of timbers, four types of bonding surfaces were prepared according to the pith position. For the bonding performances of FRP (fiber-reinforced plastic)/steel plate and timber, a total of 11 types of specimens were produced for the selection of the appropriate adhesive. The bonding performances of the produced specimens were evaluated through a water soaking delamination test, a water boiling delamination test, and a block shear strength test. The test results showed that the bonding strength of the bonding surface according to the pith position was highest in the specimen for which the two sections with the pith at the center of the cross-section on timber and between the bonding surfaces (the tangential and radial sections were mixed) were bonded. Furthermore, the specimens for which the section (radial section) with the pith on the bonding surface of the timber was bonded showed a high delamination percentage. The results of the block shear strength test showed that the bonding section did not have a significant effect on the shear strength, and that the measured wood failure percentage was higher than the KS standard value. The PVAc adhesive showed the highest bonding strength between larix timber and GFRP (glass FRP). Furthermore, the epoxy and polyurethane adhesives showed good bonding strength for CFRP (carbon FRP) and structure steel, respectively.
bonding performance;composite timber;CFRP;GFRP;steel plate;shear strength;delamination percentage
- Jung, H.J., Song, Y.J., Lee, I.H., Hong, S.I. 2016. Moment resistance performance evaluation of larch glulam joints using GFRP-reinforced laminated plate and GFRP rod. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 44(1): 40-47. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2016.44.1.40
- Kim, Y.H., Shin, I.J., Yang, J.M., Jang, S.S. 2012. Allowable Stress Calculation of Domestic Japanese Larch Small Diameter Lumbers. Journal of the Korea Furniture Society 23(2): 214-221.
- Korean Standards Association. 2013. KS F 3021. Structural glued laminated timber.
- Korean Standards Association. 2013. KS F 2160. Delamination of resistance to soaking delamination for adhesive-bonded wood products.
- Lee, I.H., Park, J.H., Song, D.B., Hong, S.I. 2018. Longitudinal Bonding Strength Performance Evaluation of Larch Lumber. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 46(1): 85-92.
- Schober, K.U., Rautenstrauch, K. 2005. December. Experimental investigations on flexural strengthening of timber structures with CFRP. In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Bond Behaviour of FRP in Structures (BBFS 2005), pp. 457-464
- Shi, H., Liu, W., Fang, H., Bai, Y., Hui, D. 2017. Flexural responses and pseudo-ductile performance of lattice-web reinforced GFRP-wood sandwich beams. Composites Part B: Engineering 108: 364-376. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2016.10.009
- Song, Y.J., Hong, S.I. 2016. Evaluation of bonding strength of larch cross-laminated timber. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 44(4): 607-615. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2016.44.4.607
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Korea Research Foundation