- Volume 47 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Lateral Resistance of CLT Wall Panels Composed of Square Timber Larch Core and Plywood Cross Bands
- JANG, Sang Sik (Department of Bio-based Materials, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- LEE, Hyoung Woo (Department of Bio-based Materials, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2019.06.04
- Accepted : 2019.07.20
- Published : 2019.09.25
Thinned, small larch logs have small diameters and no value-added final use, except as wood chips, pallets, or fuel wood, which are products with very low economic value; however, their mechanical strength is suitable for structural applications. In this study, small larch logs were sawed, dried, and cut into square timbers (with a
CLT wall panel;lateral resistance;small square timber;plywood cross band
Supported by : Chungnam National University
- Blass, H.J., Fellmoser, P. 2004. Design of solid wood panels with cross layer. In: Lahti, Finland, Proceedings of the 8th World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE 2004) 2, pp.543-548.
- Dujic, B., Aicher, S., Zarnic, R. 2006. Testing of wooden wall panels applying realistic boundary conditions. In: Portland, USA, Proceedings of the 9th World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE 2006) 2, pp.1186-1193.
- Gagnon, S., Pirvu, C., ed. 2011. CLT Handbook, Canadian edition. FP innovations, Pubcation No. SP-528E, Quebec, Canada.
- Jang, S.S. 2012. Development of multi-layer glued members used for construction of Korean-style houses by utilizing thinned domestic small logs. Report submitted to Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, No. 11-1541000-001480-01.
- Jang, S.S. 2015. Improvement of structural performance of multi-layer glued members manufactured from domestic small timbers which are not used for high value-added products. Report submitted to Korea Forestry Service, No. 11-1400000-000688-01.
- Karacabeyli, E., Douglas, B., ed. 2013. CLT Handbook, U.S. edition. FP innovations, Pubcation No. SP-529E. Quebec, Canada.
- Korea Standard Association: Method of shear resistance test for light-frame wood shear walls. KS F 2154, 2006.
- Korea Standard Association: Structural glued laminated timber. KS F 3021, 2013.
- Korea Standard Association: Structural plywood. KS F 3113, 2016.
- Mestek, P., Kreuzinger, H., Winter, S. 2008. Design of cross laminated timber(CLT). In: Miyazaki, Japan, Proceeding of the 10th World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE 2008), pp. 61.
- Oh, J.K., Kim, G.C., Kim, K.M., Lee, J.J., Hong, J.P. 2017. End distance of single-shear screw connection in cross-laminated timber. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 45(6): 746-752.
- Pang, S.J., Kim, K.M., Park, S.H., Lee, S.J. 2017. Bending behavior of nailed-jointed cross-laminated timber loaded perpendicular to plane. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 45(6): 728-736.
- Song, Y.J., Hong, S.I. 2016. Evaluation of bonding strength of larch cross-laminated timber. Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology 44(4): 607-615. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2016.44.4.607