- Volume 58 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Occurrence and Susceptibility to Several Insecticides of Thrips tabaci and Acrolepiopsis sapporensis on Northern-type Garlic Fields in Chungbuk Province
충북지역 한지형 마늘 재배지에서 파총채벌레와 파좀나방의 발생양상 및 몇 가지 살충제에 대한 감수성
- Park, Young Uk (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Jae Sun (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Jeong, Jae Hyun (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Min, Ji Hyun (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Chang, Who-Bong (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Gil-Hah (Department of Plant Medicine, Chungbuk National University)
- 박영욱 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 이재선 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 정재현 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 민지현 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 장후봉 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 김길하 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 식물의학과)
- Received : 2019.08.12
- Accepted : 2019.08.29
- Published : 2019.09.01
A series of studies were conducted to monitor the seasonal occurrences of onion thrips (Thrips tabaci) and allium leafminers (Acrolepiopsis sapporensis) in northern-type garlic fields, and to evaluate their susceptibility to insecticides. The results showed that the T. tabaci population density increased from mid- March to mid-June, that of A. sapporensis began to increase in mid-March and peaked twice by early July. Also, using recommended concentrations, the insecticidal activities of nine insecticides against these two pests were evaluated. Under laboratory conditions, clothianidin SC, chlorfenapyr EC, dimethoate EC, imidacloprid WP, and cyantraniliprole + thiamethoxam WG insecticidal activities against T. tabaci were all 100%, as well as. those of cyantraniliprole EC, pyridalyl EW, spinetoram SG and abamectin + chlorantraniliprole SC against A. sapporensis. Insecticides, with high insecticidal activities, were evaluated on the two pests under laboratory conditions, and the results showed that all the insecticides exhibited strong insecticidal activities, and the mortality of two pests was >90%.
Acrolepiopsis sapporensis;Control efficacy;Occurrence;Thrips tabaci
Grant : 지역농업연구기반 및 전략작목육성 지역특화기술개발
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Ananthakrishnan, T.N., 1984. Bioecology of thrips. Indira Publ. House, 233 pp.
- Babar, T.K., Karar, H., Hasnain, M., Saleem, M. Ali, A., Ahmed, A., 2014. Comparative efficacy of conventional vs new chemistry insecticides against onion thrips (Thrips tabaci L.). Pak. Entomol. 36, 149-154.
- CBARES (Chungcheongbuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Service), 2017. Forecasting and control of garlic disease and pests on garlic. Agricultural Research and Extension Services, Chungju, Korea, pp. 387-395.
- Cho, S.R., Kyung, Y.J., Shin, S.E., Kang, W.J., Jung, D.H., Lee, S.J., Park, G.H., Kim, S.I., Cho, S.W., Kim, H.K., Koo, H.N., Kim, G.H., 2018. Susceptibility of field populations of Plutella xylostella and Spodoptera exigua to four diamide insecticides. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 57, 43-50.
- Choe, K.R., 1997. Studies on the development of the stone leek minor, Acrolepiopsis sapporensis Matsumura (Lepidoptera: Acrolepiidae). J. Agric. Sci. Chungnam Nat. Univ. 24, 16-20.
- El-Naggar, J.B., Zidan, N.E.H.A., 2013. Field evaluation of imidacloprid and thiamethoxam against sucking insects and their side effects on soil fauna. J. Plant Prot. Res. 53, 375-387. https://doi.org/10.2478/jppr-2013-0056
- Herron, G.A., James, T.M., Rophail, J., Mo, J., 2008. Australian populations of onion thrips, Thrips tabaci Lindeman (Thysanoptera: Thripidae), are resistant to some insecticides used for their control. Aust. J. Entomol. 47, 361-364. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-6055.2008.00669.x
- Hong, K.J., Kim, M.H., Kim, S.K., Yang, J.S., 1994. Injury, seasonal occurrence and developmental period of allium leafminer, Acrolepiopsis sappoernsis (Matsumura) in Kyeonggi area. RDA J. Agric. Sci. Crop Prot. 36, 332-336.
- Hwang, J.M., 1993. Genetic divergence and classification of garlic cultivars by multivariate analysis. J. Korean Soc. Hortic. Sci. 34, 257-264.
- Hwang, J.M., Lee, B.Y., 1990. Effect of temperature and humidity conditions on rooting and sprouting of garlic. J. Korean Soc. Hortic. Sci. 31, 15-21.
- Isayama, S.h., Saito, S., Kuroda, K., Umeda, K., Kasamatsu, K., 2005. Pyridalyl, a novel insecticide: potency and insecticidal selectivity. Arch. Insect Biochem. Physiol. 58, 226-233. https://doi.org/10.1002/arch.20045
- KCPA, 2018. User's manual for pesticides. Korea Crop Protection Association, 490 pp.
- Kim, S.G., Kim, D.I., Kang, B.Y., 2009. Efficacy of insecticides against Thrips tabaci on spring onion. Research Report. Rural Development Administration, Jeonju, Korea, pp. 1381-1382.
- Kim, S.G., Kim, D.I., Ko, S.J., Kang, B.Y., 2010. Efficacy of insecticides against Thrips tabaci on spring onion. Resaerch Report. Rural Development Administration, Jeonju, Korea, pp. 1189-1190.
- Misra, H.P., 2012. Field efficacy of a new molecule of insecticide against tomato thrips and its impact on coccinellid predators. SAARC J. Agric. 10, 63-70.
- Ohtomo, R., Chiba, T., 2001. Ecological notes on diapause and overwintering of the allium leafminer, Acrolepiopsis sapporensis. (Matsumura) (Lepidoptera: Plutellidae) in northern Jap. Jpn. J. Appl. Entomol. Zool. 45, 123-128. https://doi.org/10.1303/jjaez.2001.123
- Park, H.H., Kim, K.H., Park, C.G., Choi, Y.S., Lee, S.G., 2012. Injury characteristics of allium leafminer, Acrolepiopsis sapporensis (Lepidoptera: Acrolepiidae) in welsh onion and damage assessment according to larval density levels during summer. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 51, 383-388. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2012.09.0.054
- Park, W.K., 1997. Ecological characteristics and forecasting method of thrips tabaci Lindeman (Thysanoptera: Thripidae). Master Thesis, Chonnam National University, pp. 22-31.
- Pu, X., Yang, Y., Wu, S., Wu, Y., 2010. Characterisation of abamectin resistance in a field-evolved multiresistant population of Plutella xylostella. Pest Manag. Sci. 66, 371-378.
- Vavilov, N.I., 1951. The origin, variation, immunity and breeding of cultivated plants. Soil Sci. 72, 482.
- Wolfenbarger, D., Hibbs, E.T., 1985. Onion thrips (Thrips tabaci Lind.) infesting cabbage. J. Econ. Entomol. 78, 394-396.
- Woo, K.S., Kwon, O.G., Choo, H.Y., 1988. Study on ecological of Thrips tabaci. Agric. Sci. Col. 456-460.
- Yang, C.Y., Cho, J.R., Kang, T.J., Jeon, H.Y., 2008. Identification and field testing of sex pheromone components of a Korean population of the allium leafminer, Acrolepiopsis sapporensis. Entomol. Exp. Appl. 129, 216-222. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1570-7458.2008.00766.x