- Volume 58 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Chrysaster ostensackenella (Fitch, 1859) (Lepidoptera: Gracillariidae) New to Korea
국내 미기록종, 아까시나무가는나방, Chrysaster ostensackenella (나비목: 가는나방과)
- Koo, Jun-Mo (Department of Plant Medicine, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Seulki (Department of Plant Medicine, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Cho, Soowon (Department of Plant Medicine, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2019.04.02
- Accepted : 2019.08.23
- Published : 2019.09.01
The genus Chrysaster Kumata is one of the members in Lithocolletinae of Gracillariidae (Lepidoptera: Gracillarioidea). Chrysaster hagicola Kumata, 1961 has been the only known species of the genus in Korea so far. In this study, we report another species, Chrysaster ostensackenella (Fitch, 1859) for the first time from Korea. The samples of C. ostensackenella were collected as larvae and adults on Robinia pseudoacacia L. (Fabales: Fabaceae). Diagnostic characteristics with a brief description are given, as well as, photographs of adults and genitalia of both sexes are provided. A further study on C. ostensackenella is strongly recommended, especially for the business of honey, as this species is recently known to be a serious pest on acacias (black locust) in China.
Gracillariidae;Lithocolletinae;Chrysaster ostensackenella;Korean fauna
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- Bai, H.Y., Xu, J.S., Dai, X.H., 2015. Three new species, two newly recorded species and one newly recorded genus of Lithocolletinae (Lepidoptera: Gracillariidae) from China. Zootaxa 4032, 229-235. https://doi.org/10.11646/zootaxa.4032.2.10
- Braun, A.F., 1908. Revision of the North American species of the genus Lithocolletis Hubner. Trans. Am. Entomol. Soc. 34, 311-312.
- Braun, A.F., 1935. Notes and new species of microlepidoptera. Trans. Am. Entomol. Soc. 61, 45-52.
- Chambers, V.T., 1871. Micro-Lepidoptera. Can. Entomol. 3, 161-163, 183. https://doi.org/10.4039/Ent3161-9
- Chambers, V.T., 1878. Art. IV. -Tineina and their food-plants. Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories 4, 107-124.
- Davis, D.R., Robinson, G.S., 1999. The Tineoidea and Gracillarioidea, in: Kristensen, N.P., (Ed.), Lepidoptera, moths and butterflies, Volume 1: Evolution, systematics and biogeography. Handbook of Zoology 4(35). Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York, pp. 107-117.
- De Prins, J., De Prins, W., 2006-2018. Global taxonomic database of Gracillariidae. Royal Museum for Central Africa & Belgian Biodiversity Platform. http://www.gracillariidae.net/ (accessed 24 October, 2018).
- Fitch, A., 1859. Fifth Report on the noxious and other insects of the State of New York. New York State Agricultural Society Transactions. C, Van Benthuysen, Albany, 838 p.
- Kumata, T., 1961. Descriptions of a new genus and a new species of Gracillariidae from Japan (Lepidoptera). Insecta Matsumurana 24, 52-56.
- Kumata, T., Kuroko, H., Park, K.T., 1983. Some Korean species of the subfamily Lithocolletinae. Korean J. Plant Prot. 22, 213-227.
- Liu, T.T., Cai, Y.P., Wang, C.Z., Li, H.H., 2015. Biology of Chrysaster ostensackenella (Fitch), a new invasive pest of black locust Robinia pseudoacacia L. plantations, and a new record of a related species, in China. Chin. J. Appl. Entomol. 52, 942-950.