- Volume 58 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Evaluating Pesticides for Controlling Apolygus spinolae and A. lucorum Mirid Bug Population Patterns in Jujube Orchards in Boeun, Chungbuk
충북 보은지역 대추나무의 장님노린재 발생 특성 및 활용 가능한 살충제 선발
- Lee, Seongkyun (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Kang, Hyo-Jung (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Kyeong Hee (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Oh, Ha Kyung (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Park, Heesoon (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Shin, Hyunman (Chungbuk Agricultural Research and Extension Services)
- 이성균 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 강효중 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 이경희 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 오하경 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 박희순 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 신현만 (충청북도농업기술원)
- Received : 2019.02.25
- Accepted : 2019.08.19
- Published : 2019.09.01
Jujube tree farms need effective methods of pest control to reduce damage caused by mirid bugs. In this study, we measured the density of mirid bug populations in jujube trees and tested the efficacy of various insecticides. We observed seasonal density patterns, where nymphs were observed from early May to the middle of July; and adults were observed from the end of May to the middle or end of July. Furthermore, we measured the density of two types of mirid bug species, Apolygus spinolae and A. lucorum. Among 45 damaged jujube trees, the dominant species of mirid bugs was A. spinolae (89%). We tested 7 types of insecticides to control mirid bug populations, including pyrifluquinazon, deltamethrin, diazinon, dinotefuran, etofenprox, fenitrothion, and bifenthrin, showing over 80% efficacy. Thus, in this study, we showed that using insecticides was effective for controlling mirid bug populations on jujube trees.
Jujube;Apolygus spinolae;A. lucorum;Seasonal occurrence;Chemical screening
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- IRAC (Insecticide Resistance Action Committee) Website, N.D. https://irac-online.org (accessed on 31 March, 2019).
- Kasiwara, T., Umeya, K., Asakawa, K., 1986. Hand book of crop pests (In Japanese). Inose Press, Tokyo, 1446 p.
- Kim, D.S., Cho, M.R., Lee, J.H., Jeon, H.Y., Choi, Y.M., 2002. Seasonal migration of Apolygus spinolae (Hemiptera: Miridae) between grapevines and Herbaceous plants. J. Asia Pac. Entomol. 5, 91-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1226-8615(08)60136-3
- Kim, J., Jung, S., 2018. COI barcoding of plant bugs (Insecta: Hemiptera: Miridae). PeerJ. 6, e6070. https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.6070
- Kim, K.H., Kim, D.S., Park, J.K., Cho, S., Yun, Y.N., Lee, K.Y., 2012. Principles and applications in insect pest management. Seoul, 394 p.
- KMA, N.D. http://kma.go.kr (accessed on 28 April, 2019).
- Lee, S., Lee, G.S., Goh, H.G., 2002. Miridae bugs (Heteroptera: Miridae) on grapevine: Their damages and host plats. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 41, 33-41.
- Lee, S.J., Lee, C.M., Song, J.S., Lim, T.H., Lyu, D., Han S.S., Kim, H.H., Cho, M.R., Lee, Lee, D.W., 2014. Damages of grapevines by Apolygus spinolae (Hemiptera: Miridae) depending on localities and managements types of grape orchard in grape export complexes of Korea. J. Agric. Life Sci. 48, 191-201.
- MAFRA, N.D. http://www.agrix.go.kr (accessed on 11 January, 2019).
- National Institute of Agricultural Science Website, N.D. http://pis.rda.go.kr (accessed on 24 February, 2019).
- Omata, R., 2007. Control of Apolygus spinolae by using peppermint in tea field. Agric. Hortic. 82, 677-682.
- Pan, H., Liu, B., Lu, Y., Wyckhuys, K.A.G., 2015. Seasonal alterations in host range and fidelity in the polyphagous mirid bug, Apolygus lucorum (Heteroptera:Miridae). PLoS ONE 10, e0117153. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0117153
- Watanabe, K., 1999. Damages and control of Lygocoris (Apolygus) lucorum (Meyer-Dur) (Heteroptera: Miridae) on cherry. Plant Prot. 43, 56-59.
- Yang, C.Y., Kim, S.J., Kwon, S.J., Ahn, S.J., 2016. Molecular identification of closely related mirine plant bugs, Apolygus spinolae and A. lucorum (Heteroptera: Miridae) by PCR-RFLP markers. J. Asia Pac. Entomol. 19, 729-734. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aspen.2016.06.015
- Yasunaga, T., 1992. A revision of the plant bug, genus Lygocoris Reuter from Japan, part IV. (Heteroptera, Miridae, Lygus-complex). Jpn. J. Entomol. 60, 10-25.
- Yasunaga, T., Yasunaga, M., 2000. Eight new species of the mirine genus Apolygus China (Heteroptera: Miridae) from Japan. Biogeography 2, 81-92.