- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Evaluation for Long Term Drying Shrinkage and Resistance to Freezing and Thawing of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete
하이브리드 섬유보강 콘크리트의 장기 건조수축 및 내동해성 평가
- Kim, Yo-Seb ;
- Bae, Su-Ho (Department of Civil Engineering, Andong National University) ;
- Lee, Hyun-Jin
- Received : 2018.10.31
- Accepted : 2018.12.24
- Published : 2019.03.01
Many researches have been performed on hybrid fiber reinforced concrete for years, which is to improve some of the weak material properties of concrete. Researches on characteristics of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete using amorphous steel fiber and organic fiber, however, yet remain to be done. Therefore, the purpose of this research is to estimate the compressive strength, long term drying shrinkage, and resistance to freezing and thawing of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete(HFRC) using amorphous steel fiber and polyamide fiber as one of organic fibers. For this purpose, HFRCs containing amorphous steel fiber and polyamide fiber were made according to their total volume fraction of 1.0% for target compressive strength of 40 and 60 MPa, respectively, and then the compressive strength, length change, and resistance to freezing and thawing of these were evaluated. As a result, the long term length change ratio of HFRC used in this study decreased by more than 30%, 25% than plain concrete at 365 and 730 days, respectively, and the durability factor of HFRC was very excellent as more than 90%.
Supported by : 안동대학교
- ACI Committee 544 (1984), Fiber Reinforced Concrete, ACI Special Publication SP-81, American Concrete Institute.
- Ahmad, S. H., Khaloo, A. R., and Poveda, A. (1986), Shear Capacity of Reinforced High-Strength Concrete Beams, ACI Structural Journal, 83(2), 297-305.
- ASTM C 157 (2003), Standard Test Method for Length Change of Hardened Hydraulic-Cement Mortar and Concrete, American Society for Testing Materials, ASCE, 1-7.
- Bukhari, I. A., and Ahmad, S. (2008), Evaluation of Shear Strength of High-Strength Concrete Beams without Stirrups, The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 33(2B), 321-336.
- Choi, Y. W., Oh, S. R., and Choi, B. K. (2016), An Experimental Study on Fundamental Quality Properties of Basalt Fiber Reinforced Mortar according to Application of High Volume Fly Ash, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 28(4), 387-394. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2016.28.4.387
- Grzybowski, M. and Shah, S. P. (1990), Shrinkage Cracking of Fiber Reinforced Concrete, ACI Materials Journal, 87(2), 138-148.
- John, J. R., and Henry, G. R. (1990), Shear Strength of High-Strength Concrete Beams with Web Reinforcement, ACI Structural Journal, 87(2), 191-198.
- Jun, J. (2018), Flexural Performances of High Performance Concrete Using Amorphous Steel Fiber and Organic Fiber, Master's thesis, Andong National University.
- Kwon, S. O., Bae, S. H., Kim, Y. S., Jun, J., and Lee, J. C. (2016), Mechanical Properties of High Performance Concrete Using Amorphous Steel Fiber and Organic Fiber, Proceedings of Spring Conference of Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 653-656.
- KS F 2403 (2014), Standard test method for making and curing concrete specimens, Korean Agency for Technology and Standard.
- KS F 2405 (2017), Standard test method for compressive strength of concrete, Korean Agency for Technology and Standard.
- KS F 2424 (2015), Standard test method for length change of mortar and concrete, Korean Agency for Technology and Standard.
- KS F 2437 (2013), Standard test method for dynamic modulus of elasticity, rigidity and dynamic Poisson's ratio of concrete specimens by resonance vibration , Korean Agency for Technology and Standard.
- KS F 2456 (2013), Standard test method for resistance of concrete to rapid freezing and thawing, Korean Agency for Technology and Standard.
- Lee, S.J., Lee, H.K., Lee, S.H., and Won, J.P. (2011), Quantitative Estimation of Joint Spacing for Concrete Slab to Prevent Cracking of Drying Shrinkage, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 23(3), 289-294. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2011.23.3.289
- Neville, A. M. (1997), Properties of concrete, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.
- Oh, B. H., Lee, M. G., Yoo, S. W., and Baik, S. H. (1996), A Study on the Strength and Drying Shrinkage Crack Control Characteristics of Polypropylene Fiber Reinforced Concrete, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 8(6), 151-161.
- Pendyala, R. S., and Mendis, P. (2000), Experimental Study on Shear Strength of High-Strength Concrete Beams, ACI Structural Journal, 97(4), 564-571.
- Quan, C. X. and Stroeven, P. (2000), Fracture Properties of Concrete Reinforced with Steel-Polypropylene Hybrid Fibres, Cement and Concrete Composites, 22(4), 343-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(00)00033-0